The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi...I'm new here.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missi (new)

Missi Hi all. My name is Missi. I am excited to be a part of this group. I work in a library and can't wait to share with all of you.

message 2: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) oh, what a neat job... being with all those books all day long... *sigh*

welcome Missi. What do you recommend? Do you prefer classics or moderns?

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Hi Missi,
ooohh working all day around books. What could be better?
Welcome!

Elizabeth (Alaska) Ok, Missie, one of the current threads has to do with sniffing books. I can't imagine what kind of a daily high it would be to walk in the stacks! So, welcome!

message 5: by Missi (new)

Missi Yeah...this is my dream job! It is like having your own personal book collection. One of the perks is getting to read the books first before anyone checks them out. I have many times gotten "high" from the smell when I walk into book stores. It isn't really the same in the library as the books aren't new, but when the new books come in boxes to be unpacked, it is like Christmas every day. :)

Elizabeth (Alaska) Don't tell anyone here about the Advance Reader Copies. ;)

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome Missi.

message 8: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Missi,

Welcome to the group!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Missi! :)

message 10: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Missi wrote: "Yeah...this is my dream job! It is like having your own personal book collection. One of the perks is getting to read the books first before anyone checks them out. I have many times gotten "hig..."

so you can actually really read the new books first...

Elizabeth (Alaska) Jeane wrote: "Missi wrote: "Yeah...this is my dream job! It is like having your own personal book collection. One of the perks is getting to read the books first before anyone checks them out. I have many tim..."

Jeane, librarians get something called Advanced Reader Copies. Paperbacks sent out from the publisher, the last proof before the actual publshing. They probably get to read the books first after they make purchases, too, though.

message 12: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments niiiiiiice.....mmmmm

message 13: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments Welcome to the group!!

message 14: by Susan (NY) (new)

Susan (NY) | 35 comments Hi Missi, Welcome to the group! By the way, great job!

message 15: by Missi (new)

Missi Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yes, we get advanced copies, but we can also get the books before they are put out for patrons. That way, we can help patrons with reader advisory questions. :-)