The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Festival of Living Pictures

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Is that a real thing?? Because I would love to see something like that someday.

message 2: by Arctic (last edited Jan 06, 2008 01:11PM) (new)

Arctic | 571 comments yes. it's an art form called tableau vivant. yay for my art history classes!

funny enough they did this in Arrested Development too. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

oh nice!!!!! is there like a main website or do should i search by state or something?? i really wanna see this!!

message 4: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments The Christmas after my daughter was born, our small church had 3 potential candidates to play Baby Jesus on Christmas Eve. So, not wanting to leave anybody out, our pastor had each Holy Family represent a different work of art in Tableau. I'll have to find our photo, and the painting we were supposed to represent, and link them somehow.

message 5: by Robbie (last edited Jan 06, 2008 03:57PM) (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Okay, it was Raphael's Madonna of Loreto, and I'll try to link it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_...

My profile photo is our tableau

message 6: by Dottie (last edited Jan 07, 2008 10:49AM) (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments That is just beautiful, Robbie.

There is a big living art thing here w -- well - down in Laguna Beach. The Pageant of the Masters. Every August this runs and there are associated arts fairs where local artists display and sell their work. We will probably try to go this year if we can get tickets -- we've done the art fairs but never the pageant and would like to see it.

message 7: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Thanks, Dottie.
Heh, this is the first time I've posted my own face on goodreads!

message 8: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments I love how your daughter has her arms up just like in the painting. :) Also your husband looks much friendlier than the guy in the original - that guy looks kind of sinister to me.

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie | 511 comments I wish there was something like this near me. It was a fascinating episode and I loved it! I like how they didn't want the mom to do it because she moved when she did it before!