Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Search and add suggestions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (Kiwiria) | 377 comments A bit more feedback as I get to know the site better:

1) Is there an 'advanced search' function somewhere, making it possible to search for titles and authors at the same time? (Using AND operators, not OR). Finding a book like e.g. "It" by Stephen King is practically impossible if you don't have the isbn.

2) Would it be possible when searching through 'my books' to get the result listed similar to a shelf view?

3) When manually adding books, would it be possible to include a feature so it's possible to upload covers as well? Being from Denmark there are a LOT of Danish books I have to add manually (as they're too old or obscure for Amazon to have them), and it would be nice if I was able to upload covers too?

Thanks.
Maria

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi Kiwiria,

Thanks for the great feedback!

1. The search does use AND operators by default. The problem with the "It" search is that we don't index words 2 characters or less. This is an issue we hope to address soon.

2. Good idea!

3. You can add covers. After you create the book click on the 'edit data' link, and there will be a photo upload form.

message 3: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (Kiwiria) | 377 comments 1. Ah, that explains it! Thanks.

2. I thought so ;-)

3. Brilliant, thanks! :-D

The more I use this site, the more addicted I get. It's the best one of it's kind out there. Thanks :)

message 4: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (Kiwiria) | 377 comments 3 again :) This is probably asking too much (but then, nothing ventured nothing gained ;) ), I see this works perfectly on books I've added myself, but not books already in the system. Is there any chance I might be granted librarian rights, so I can add covers to some of those as well? I've also found a couple of books with wrong titles/authors and... well... it would just be really great :-D

I fully understand if not though. Just figured it couldn't hurt to ask :)

message 5: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
You are now a librarian. We happily grant Librarian Status to anyone with over 50 books who asks for it. Just a little measure to make sure those keeping things neat are committed to the site!

message 6: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (Kiwiria) | 377 comments Excellent! Thank you so much :)