Tortall - And Other Fancy Worlds by Tamora Pierce discussion

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Hey Amelia,

I'm Araceli and I have joined this group cause I LOVE books written by Tamora Pierce! Have you read all off them? I am still wanting to read "Terrier", but I haven't gotten to it yet. I think my favorite series is the Alanna Series

Bye!

message 2: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (ameliarobinson) | 49 comments Mod
Hello Araceli!

I've read all of Tamora Pierce's Tortallan novels. I've already read Terrier and I know you'll love it! I like all of her Tortallan novels. Daughter of the Lioness books are my favorite. Aly's got real spunk. :) Have you read those?

Thank you for joining! And Welcome!

-Amelia

message 3: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Hi Amelia,

Yes, I have read Daughter of the Lioness and I LOVE Them too!
Have you also read the Magic Circle by Tamora Pierce? They aren't about the Lioness, but I think that they're great also.

Thanks for the welcome!
~Araceli

message 4: by Amelia (new)

I tried to read the Circle of Magic quartets but it never really grabbed me. There's something about the Tortallan novels that I really like.

What other kind of books, besides Tamora Pierce, do you like?

message 5: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Fantasy books. I like the Warrior Cat books too, and The Books
of Pellinor. What about you?

message 6: by Amelia (new)

I've heard of the Warrior Cat books but I've never read the books. I've never even heard of the Books of Pellinor. I'll have to check those out.

Me? I like both fantasy and realistic fiction. More fantasy, though. Ever read the Artemis Fowl books? They could be counted more as science fiction but it's got elves in it. I also LOVE the Ranger's Apprentice novels. They're really awesome! Have you read the Inheritance books? (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr) Those are my favorites as well.

Sarah Dessen is probably my favorite realistic fiction author. Have you read her books?

Feel free to make your own discussion threads! We've only got, what, three so far? ^_^

-Amelia

message 7: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Yes, I have read the Artemis Fowl series and I think that they are GREAT too! Really creative, go Eoin Colfer!
No, I haven't read the Ranger's Apprentice novel, but I have heard about the Inheritance books. I haven't read them yet, but I'm planning too.
No, I haven't heard about Sarah Dessen. What kind of books does she write?

~Araceli

message 8: by Althea (new)

Althea | 4 comments Hi I am Althea and I just joined. I really love Tortall especially Aly.

message 9: by Amelia (new)

Me too. Who's your favorite guy? I can't decide personally. I think all the sub-hero characters are fantastic.

message 10: by Althea (new)

Althea | 4 comments My favorite guys are George and Taybur.

message 11: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Hey!
Welcome Althea!

message 12: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Sweet, we're the three As!!

message 13: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments Oh, hello to the two new members! The group is growing!!!!! :)

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I | 1 comments Hey, I love Tamora Pierce, mostly her Tortall books, especially about Keladry of Mindelan and Beka Cooper. Strong females of the best sort.

message 15: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments totally! I think that women are just as
brave as guys but their acts are
more hidden. Meaning, girls are more
modest and we don't try to act "macho"
:)

❦✮ Sophie ✮❦ (sophie_the_great) | 12 comments Hi, I'm Sophie and joined about a week ago. I've read all Tamora Pierce's books except the Circle of Magic books and love them all, especially Diane =)

message 17: by Amelia (new)

Hi Sophie! Sorry I'm a little late in welcoming you but, WELCOME! :) It's great to have you here! I haven't read the Circle of Magic books either. Daine is pretty awesome, isn't she? Well, welcome!

message 18: by Yael (new)

Yael (StarrynightGypsy) | 5 comments hello, I just joined and I think this group is great! you guys are so friendly! and the group is all about Tamora Pierce so, it had to be awesome!

I have read all of them, i think. anyway, for people who read Melting Stones, I would love to talk to you about the ending. I can't believe it! there had better be another book.....

message 19: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments I read Melting Stones, and I think it's awesome! Welcome, by the way!

message 20: by Yael (new)

Yael (StarrynightGypsy) | 5 comments thank you! the ending was really frustrating.... i hope she rights a sequal...

message 21: by Amelia (new)

First off, WELCOME!

Nooooo! I haven't read Melting Stone yet so please don't give away the ending! I just need to read the latest Beka Cooper novel and Melting Stones and then I will have read all of the Tamora Pierce novels. ^_^

I apologize that our little community isn't very "active" but it's still going, I guess. :)

I'm so glad you're here! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!

message 22: by Araceli (new)

Araceli | 18 comments I have a question....is there a third series for the Magic Circle books?

message 23: by Amelia (new)

Circle of Magic
Sandry's Book
Tris's Book
Daja's Book
Briar's Book

Circle Opens
Magic Steps
Street Magic
Cold Fire
Shatterglass

Circle Reforged
The Will of the Empress
Melting Stones

I have yet to find out why Melting Stones is apart of the Circle Reforged. But it does deal with Evvy, Briar's "apprentice" so...I guess that's why. Oh, and it has Rosethorn in it too.

Anyways.

^_^ Yes. Technically, there is a third series.

message 24: by Yael (new)

Yael (StarrynightGypsy) | 5 comments maybe the sequel will have more of the others...

message 25: by Yael (new)

Yael (StarrynightGypsy) | 5 comments maybe the sequel will have more of the others...

message 26: by Amelia (new)

Dunno. She's done duos and quartets. Mostly quartets but the Beka Cooper novels are part of a trilogy--T.P.'s first. Before then it was all quartets EXCEPT for Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen.

So Circle Reforged might be just another duo. I hope not.

message 27: by H.M. (new)

H.M. | 7 comments Yael wrote: "hello, I just joined and I think this group is great! you guys are so friendly! and the group is all about Tamora Pierce so, it had to be awesome!

I have read all of them, i think. anyway, for pe..."

HI!!!!!!!!!!! Is Melting Stones good?

❦✮ Sophie ✮❦ (sophie_the_great) | 12 comments The whole series is on my "To read" list, but no,, I haven't yet... =(

message 29: by Yael (new)

Yael (StarrynightGypsy) | 5 comments I think it is. the ending is a little unsatisfying, but it's worth it. especially if there is going to be a sequal.... i really hope there is.

message 30: by H.M. (new)

H.M. | 7 comments Thanks! Did I say hi?

message 31: by H.M. (new)

H.M. | 7 comments Amelia wrote: "First off, WELCOME!

Nooooo! I haven't read Melting Stone yet so please don't give away the ending! I just need to read the latest Beka Cooper novel and Melting Stones and then I will have read a..."

There's another Beka Cooper novel?

message 32: by Amelia (new)

I meant Beka Cooper: Bloodhound. I heard it's really good. Shamefully enough, it took me forever to read Terrier. But I've checked Bloodhound out twice and haven't read it. >.< So many other books to read! ^_^

WELCOME! :)

message 33: by H.M. (new)

H.M. | 7 comments Thanks, and Bloodhound is really good.

message 34: by Lucysfan1 (new)

Lucysfan1 | 3 comments Hi! I joined this group a while ago, but I never really posted anything... I'm also mostly new to Tamora Pierce, as I haven't read many of her books yet. However I did read the Protector of The Small quartet and I loved it! I was very sad when it ended though, and I sort of walked around for a week in depression. I hate it when that happens, it only happens with the best series:(! I am also reading the Beka Cooper series, and am almost done with the second one; Bloodhound. It is really really good! Does anyone happen to know the time that Mastiff will come out? (it's the third book in the series)

message 35: by Amelia (new)

HEY! Welcome!

Oooh, goodie! I really need to get my hands on Bloodhound again. Trouble is, it takes forever to come in at my library because SOO many people are reading it. Grr. >.>

Mastiff comes out 2010. I don't know when. But it says on Tamora Pierce's website that it'll be sometime next year. ^_^

message 36: by Lucysfan1 (new)

Lucysfan1 | 3 comments I hope it will come out soon! Bloodhound came out MUCH later than it was supposed to! Fortunately, I only learned about Tamora Pierce this summer, so I had no idea about the Beka Cooper series until after both of the first two books are out! Lucky me!

message 37: by Amelia (new)

^_^ That's always a plus when you stumble on an author late in the game. Happened with me with Twilight. I didn't read the first book until after Eclipse had come out.

Which series of hers are you planning to read next?!

message 38: by Lucysfan1 (new)

Lucysfan1 | 3 comments The next series I'm planning on reading is probably going to be the Alanna Series!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

What happend here??? These Tamora Groups are like dying :( there is hardly anyone to talk to...

Tortall - And Other Fancy Worlds by Tamora Pierce

unread topics | mark unread