Artemis masterminds discussion

The movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments we have long time to wait AF in movie...
eoin said the script was done
so, what do you think about the movie itself? and the actor or actress, who do you want to be who? i mean, which actor or actress you want to be artemis, butler, holly, etc...

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 86 comments I would rather not have the movie come out because it will ruin the whole book.

message 3: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) I saw a comercial for the book one time and mistaked it for a movie comercial. I was really dissapointed when it just meant that the next book was coming out in a few months (though that in itself was cool news).

message 4: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments no, eoin will make sure his story will be good as the book or better.because i read that he join with the maker of the script.
i suggest aidan mitchel as artemis. he suit for him!

message 5: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) umm... stephanie meyer participated in the screen write of her book, and i thought it still kinda lacked... *shrugs* i dunno...

message 6: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) Naw, he wouldn't make it as good as the book. You know the comics? They sort of suck, in my opinion. The characters were ugly too. ;_;

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma | 86 comments i agree zaywex, they are ugly

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, i think it'll be cool, kinda like Spiderwick. course, im DEF not expecting it to be anything like the books cuz, as aryll sed, movies dont equal books in their greatness

message 9: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) You know what's funny? I always get peeved about stupid -little- details ignored. Like in HP 4, they made the -two- tents a nice, airy -one- tent, instead of one that's musty and smells like -cats-. And other stuff like the match being skipped, and the fanfare butchered and the -rants on-.
--
But I enjoyed golden compass ._.

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, hvnt watched golden compass all the way through yet... as for hp 4... im not even gonna start. ^^ i was sad that they left out the scene from the 3rd one, wen peeves was sticking chewing gum in the lock and lupin shot it up peeves's nose XD

message 11: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments the comic is good! that's how i figure artemis in my mind. cold, genius, annoying 12 years old boy.
hey, why are you be sceptical? i think the movie will be great as long as eoin join into the making of it.

message 12: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ... stephanie meyers was involved in making twilight, and the movie wasnt up to par. so just cuz colfer is gonna b involved w/ the making of the AF movies duz NOT mean they'll b any good. srry, but i tend to hold to the argument that books made into movies kinda suck.

message 13: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) In the comic... Artemis is a baldy. And Holly looks waaay mature and disproportionate to how I picture them in my head.
I've always pictured Artemis as... not having a receding hairline, and being slightly less skinny. More homely; not homely, but more regular, less like you could see his veins and stuck up. Like he's out of shape, but not because he's a stick.
And Holly's more childlike in the face, and more childlike in proportions. Not like she's pudgy, but, well...
Anyway, that's one reason why I don't like the comics (plus I always veiwed root as -pudgy- and smoking a big fat cigar, which he definitely is as he can't zip up that suit).
Then there's the fact that everything was dramatic as opposed to that sleek way Eoin Colfer introduces Artemis Fowl.

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, i know what you mean there zaywex

message 15: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) Twilight sort of reminds me of mary sue meets emo kid. Not that it those types of stories can't be high quality (although it's young adult i.e. adolescents so...) or that it isn't entertaining._. I'll probably eventually read it and get annoyed that I enjoyed it and upset at the story, like I always do. (Well, not Artemis Fowl <3)

message 16: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, i liked the movie as a movie, but based on the books... i felt it was lacking in some parts. i REALLY hope AF gets done properly

message 17: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) I haven't watched the movie, so I can't say. ._.;;

message 18: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments the minus thing from AF comic is just on artemis's eye. it said in the book artemis's eye are blue(even he 'share' it with holly) but in the comic, artemis's eye is brown...that's quite bad...but generally,that's how i pic AF in my mind.

you should watch the movie!
i like it...
but in some part, in feel a little bit dissapoint.

message 19: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i was sad that the blood typing scene wasnt in the movie... but i still liked the movie as a movie... I GET TO GO SEE TWILIGHT ON THE 23!! lol, my library is showing it for free for the teens that sign up ^^ i better make sure im signed up... lol ^^

message 20: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) mine has them once a month, and i go wen i can and if i like the movie... i dont remember what april's is... i vaguely remember not liking the decision though... *sigh* lol

message 21: by ak (new)

ak (anne-kat) THERE IS A MOVIE?!

-googles-

AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT!!!

message 22: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments yes, there's a movie, i wait for new moon
i heard that dakota and vannesa anne hudgens (HSM)required to be on the movie....

message 23: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i hated new moon... it made me quite annoyed w/ bella... i wanted to just punch her in the face and tell her to grow up a few times...

message 24: by ak (new)

ak (anne-kat) seriously!!

message 25: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments but if you lost someone whom you love the most, you will not say that.....

message 26: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i dont think id b all depressed and uber lame though... going crazy and trying to kill myself just to hear the guy's voice...

message 27: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments you wright!
but, bella really love ed with her life, so it's possible for that to happen

message 28: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i just dont like the book because bella is kind of... desperate, i dunno... its hard to explain. it just made me rather angry

message 29: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol

message 30: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments i hate HSM. It sucks beyond this world. no offense ppl, thats just my opinion on that. dont get mad at me please...

message 31: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i agree totally and completly

message 32: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments everyone had their own opinion....
HSM?high school musical??

message 33: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i dont care for hsm either... uh, mind my asking, but... whered that come from, anyway? seemed like a rather random statement to me ^^

message 34: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) just a little random
ok really random

message 35: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments a bit...random...but that's okay....
i'm quite like HSM. maybe because i like somekind of movie with singing and dancing....disney!!!

message 36: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments i didnt bring it up, dont blame me...some body talked about it but then deleted their post so now it looks like i brought it up ugh ppl

message 37: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments LOL!
yes, aryll....random is okay!!
what kind of movie do you like anyway?

message 38: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i prefer horror/suspense myself ^^ but if i like a book, i'll go to see the movie. if for no other reason than to make fun of it wen it FAILS, lol!

message 39: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol

message 40: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments LOL!!

i like comedy movie or some kind of parody film, you know...like scary movie, disaster movie, etc...
i like comedy-romantic film!i'm a fan of it!!!!!
it's makes my day!

message 41: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) Lol, reminds me of Eragon. Went w/ a group of friends and some guy in the row behind swore at us to shut the -bleep- up, etc.

message 42: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, yeah... i do that too, just not in movie theathers. i go see the movie at the library, or get it and watch it at my house, and then im ridiculing it rite and left ^^

message 43: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments i like golden compass, spiderwick cronicles, and harry potter for fantasy movie...

message 44: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) Comedy triumphs <3

message 45: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments you are good to be movie reviewer/commentator...
LoL!

what kind of comedy do you like?

message 46: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) Oh slapstick's probably my fav when done well (which is kind of ironic, considering it's slapstick but...), but plain weird stuff is awesome.... You know, monty python, pirates of the Caribbean, that type of thing.

message 47: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) Oh, and I like sunday morning breakfast cereal

message 48: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) monty python is amazing! *starts quoting* 'one, two, five!' 'three sir' 'three! *throws holy hand grenade of antioch and ducks*' LOL! lets all be the benedictine monks! XD

message 49: by Norwick (new)

Norwick (ijklm) No, it's actually a comic: http://www.smbc-comics.com/

message 50: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) that was actually from monty python and the holy grail...

« previous 1