What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

And All Between (Green Sky, #2)
This topic is about And All Between
SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA fantasy people live underground [s]

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) I read this book in the late 80s or early 90s but I think it was maybe ten years or so older. I specifically remember reading it in the waiting room at the orthodontist. Anyway it was about a race of people that lived underground and they were not allowed to go to the surface but the main character, a teenage ish girl, goes anyway and it's a beautiful forest or jungle. I don't remember anything else about the story really but it's been bugging me for years now and I'd really like to find it and re read it. I'm fairly certain that it was published by Apple books our possibly Yearling. It was paperback, maybe a couple hundred pages if that, the larger sized kids paperbacks of the 80s and I think the color of the book, under the cover art, was pink or purple. I know this isn't a lot to go on but any help is appreciated! Thanks.

message 2: by Bryan457 (new)

Bryan457 | 258 comments Maybe And All Between (Green Sky, #2) by Zilpha Keatley Snyder And All Between
Eight-year-old Teera finds herself above the powerful Root that keeps her Erdling community captive underground. The Erdlings are feared and despised by the Kindar people who live in the massive trees above. Raamo and Neric, two young Kindar discover Teera and for reasons of their own decide to keep her hidden, allowing her to live with Raamo's parents and his sister, Pomma. But Teera's existence does not remain a secret and soon she, Raamo, Neric, and their friends are all in danger. Published by Atheneum originally in 1979, And All Between is the second book of the Green-Sky Trilogy

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 90 comments Were the people really tiny? If so, it might be The Borrowers (The Borrowers, #1) by Mary Norton

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Maybe "The City Of Ember"?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 17727 comments Mod
Or Below the Root, the prior book in the Green Sky Trilogy? The 1992 edition is sort of pinkish-purplish.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) Bryan457 wrote: "Maybe And All Between (Green Sky, #2) by Zilpha Keatley Snyder And All Between
Eight-year-old Teera finds herself above the powerful Root that keeps her Erdling community captive underground. The Erdlings are feared and d..."

That's it! This group is amazing. I wasn't sure at first but I looked at the pictures of the other editions and recognized the cover right away. Thanks so much Bryan457!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

And All Between (other topics)
The Borrowers (other topics)
Below the Root (other topics)