Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

Stephanie Plum Series > Ranger or Morelli?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 231 (231 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Allison (last edited Mar 06, 2009 12:40PM) (new)

Allison (inconceivably) I do think she will end up with Morelli in the end, but I don't really have any problems with her having fun with Ranger along the way...

In fact, I wish she would have a little MORE fun with Ranger...

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments ooo Ranger... he has my heart!! I actually wish she would end up with Ranger. I just keep remembering what an ass Morelli was in the first like 3 or 4 books... I can't get past it. lol.

But Ranger.. he's always been good to her, and he accepts that she is a bounty hunter (although a bad one) and he lets her be herself. Ranger all the way!!

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison (inconceivably) Yeah, I'd actually be pretty thrilled if she ended up with Ranger...

I just think it will be Morelli, and I don't want to be too disappointed.

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) I don't think I can choose between the two. I admit that I tend to lean towards Ranger a little more most of the time. But Joe is so much more down-to-earth and more her type.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) | 24 comments Morelli all the way. Even though Joe has a past Ranger is never going to give her the marriage type life that i think she would want eventually.

I know she hooks up with Ranger alot but have they sealed the deal???

I can't remember it's been so long since i read that book.

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison (inconceivably) Dawn wrote: "Morelli all the way. Even though Joe has a past Ranger is never going to give her the marriage type life that i think she would want eventually.

I know she hooks up with Ranger alot but have ..."

They went to town in #8

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) Is that why I read #8 in one day? LOL

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison (inconceivably) LOL :)

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments lol Stacy, I think that's the reason I flew through 8.. I think number 11 I also finished in record time. I think it's 11, when shes hiding out in Ranger's place and she starts rifling through his drawers and only finds one pair of black silk boxers..... Yeah, FLEW through that one.

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) Oh right, I forgot about that one....yeah, I'm pretty sure that one was finished quickly also. HOT!!

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments I hope this new one has more of a focus on Ranger, since she seemed to be on the outs with Morelli in this last between the numbers book.

I'm getting tired of reading about him and Bob, and nothing else going on.

I need more Ranger!!

message 12: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) Jess have you been to Janet's website in the past few weeks? She has the first chapter of 15 on there. Steph and Morelli are broken up, though it sounds like they'll be getting back together (again).

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments Yes I read it.. even though I told myself not to read it. lol. They ALWAYS get back together. How annoying... remember when Ranger said he would take a step back, but when he really decided to pursue her.. he would do it. Well... why is he not pursuing lol???

message 14: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Hmmmm....I wonder if he'll do that in 15. I'm really starting to lean towards wanting her to end up with Ranger.

message 15: by Carine (new)

Carine | 4 comments I wish I could make up my damned mind! lmao.
Perhaps some day...

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments i agree with allison...spice in life is good

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 223 comments Mod
Both at the same time! Just kidding. I don't think I can decide. It's like the Bill vs Eric debate for Sookie!!

message 18: by Annie (new)

Annie (anhabella) | 14 comments I am such a Ranger girl that I sure do hope that this next book has more complications with him in it. :-)

message 19: by Tammy Stanton (new)

Tammy Stanton | 1 comments Married to Morelli, so . . . :)

Nicole - Who is "Sookie?"

message 20: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis | 15 comments I'd like her to end up with Ranger because he is so mysterious and dark. Keeps life interesting.

message 21: by Jess (last edited May 23, 2009 07:20PM) (new)

Jess | 69 comments Tammy wrote: "Married to Morelli, so . . . :)

Nicole - Who is "Sookie?""

Sookie is the main character in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire (aka Sookie Stackhouse) series. The first book is: Dead Until Dark.

There's a constant debate about who Sookie should end up with: Eric vs Bill. Same with Stephanie from the Plum novels: Ranger vs. Morelli. If only all of our problems were as simple as choosing between two gorgeous men.

message 22: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis | 15 comments Jess wrote: "Tammy wrote: "Married to Morelli, so . . . :)

Sookie is the main character in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire (aka Sookie Stackhouse) series. The first book is: [bo..."

I think the series TRUE BLOOD on HBO is based on the books. The chaaracter's name is Sookie. I certainly hope this is not what the young adults are reading. I will have to read one of her books. The series is definitely ADULT.

message 23: by Jess (new)

Jess | 69 comments The books are not written for young adults, I would hope that only adults read them. Yes, the show True Blood is based on the books, and those same sex scenes are in the books as well.

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily (bookaholicemily) | 6 comments Phyllis wrote: "Jess wrote: "Tammy wrote: "Married to Morelli, so . . . :)

Sookie is the main character in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire (aka Sookie Stackhouse) series. The ..."

Wats HBO stand for?

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy | 25 comments Emily wrote: "Phyllis wrote: "Jess wrote: "Tammy wrote: "Married to Morelli, so . . . :)

Sookie is the main character in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire (aka Sookie Stackhou..."

HBO stands for Home Box Office. It's a pay per view premium channel.

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily (bookaholicemily) | 6 comments ok thanx i didnt no that because i am from australia lol

message 27: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Ranger!!! I agree with some other comments that she probably will end up with Morelli but boy I'd be having fun with Ranger now. This guy protects her, has killed for her and gives her cars. What more can a girl ask for?

message 28: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 3 comments I would have to agree. Ranger is fun, but who wouldn't want to have Morelli waiting for them at home.

I have read all of the sookie series. They are good. I think the books are alot better than the series.

message 29: by Rosey (new)

Rosey Whiting (roseywhiting) | 15 comments I want her to end up with Ranger!! But she almost always goes back to Morelli : ( I bought Finger Lickin Fifteen today and read it in three hours, it was good and full of laughs.

message 30: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 3 comments Rosey wrote: "I want her to end up with Ranger!! But she almost always goes back to Morelli : ( I bought Finger Lickin Fifteen today and read it in three hours, it was good and full of laughs."

I agree. I started reading it last night and I am only to chapter five and it is hilarious.

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 6 comments She needs to marry Morelli and work for Ranger. An author needs to move in nextdoor to the Morelli's and ride shotgun with him to learn the detective thing. The author needs to be blond and beautiful.

And I want LuLu back with Tank.

message 32: by Pat (new)

Pat | 3 comments I like Melissa's idea of Steph marrying Morelli and working for Ranger.....tension would still be there.

message 33: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Lawhun | 1 comments Morelli is the safer choice and most likely who she will end up with, But i'm still a huge Ranger fan=]

message 34: by Allison (new)

Allison (bookreaderextrordinaire) | 3 comments I think depending on where the reader is in her own life causes her to lean towards Ranger or Morelli. For example, my mom, who has been married 30 years is all about Ranger. I, on the other hand, a newly engaged woman, am all about Morelli. I would much rather have that stability in my life, and I think Stephanie would too! I vote for Morelli. I mean, c'mon, he has a dog!!!

message 35: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Yes, but a dog that liked Morelli more than her. LOL I've been married 16 years so I can see what you are saying. Ranger would be fun.

message 36: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) Allison, I think you have hit the nail on the head...
I think it is all about what you want -
Morelli is stability with a dog and family and hot sex
Ranger is a great unknown who seems to read Stephanie and has that cowboy sense of honor and is steaming!!!!

sorry - tried to make them sound even but I am all about RANGER

message 37: by Lucille (last edited Sep 04, 2009 11:33AM) (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 7 comments RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER RANGER
:)

message 38: by Kris (new)

Kris Morelli please!!

message 39: by LadyCalico (new)

LadyCalico Katherine wrote: "Ranger!!! I agree with some other comments that she probably will end up with Morelli but boy I'd be having fun with Ranger now. This guy protects her, has killed for her and gives her cars. Wha..."
Well said...

message 40: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) Lola4 wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Ranger!!! I agree with some other comments that she probably will end up with Morelli but boy I'd be having fun with Ranger now. This guy protects her, has killed for her and gi..."

That's right - he even drives seriously hot cars
black porche turbo - oh my - that alone is hot hot hot

The scene where he shows up and she is stark naked in handcuffs to her shower curtain poll LLOL LOL LOL

message 41: by Rita (new)

Rita Tamerius (ritakay) | 1 comments Why does Stephanie have to "end up" with anyone? I love her freewheeling love life and would be bored to death if she got married to either one of them.

Would you really like Stephanie to continue having sexual "near misses" with Ranger while being married to Morrelli? I sure wouldn't.

Keep her single!

message 42: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 10 comments At the end of Seven Up if you remember if what do you think happened?

message 43: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 7 comments Couture.Dior.Megan wrote: "At the end of Seven Up if you remember if what do you think happened?"

is that when she called one of them over, and you didn't know who she called until the next book?

message 44: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 10 comments Lucille wrote: "Couture.Dior.Megan wrote: "At the end of Seven Up if you remember if what do you think happened?"

is that when she called one of them over, and you didn't know who she called until t..."

Lol, that was Hot Six, In Seven Up Ranger tells her if he finds Eddie Dechooch for her then she has to spend a night with him. What do you guys think happened?

message 45: by Noelle (last edited Sep 21, 2009 03:04PM) (new)

Noelle (missnoellerenee) | 10 comments Ooops never mind I figured it out in Hard Eight.

message 46: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Rita wrote: "Why does Stephanie have to "end up" with anyone? I love her freewheeling love life and would be bored to death if she got married to either one of them.

Would you really like Stephanie to contin..."

I agree, the minute she actually marries Morrelli (she can't actually marry Ranger) the series needs to be over.

Siobhan (tigress5cubs) | 3 comments I don't think she should have to choose. She is single and should be able to have both hot men if she wants. Men can jump from woman to woman, so why shouldn't she be able to? As for me, I'd want to taste them both according to my mood. (Yeah, right. I'm all talk. Most likely I'd end up with Morelli. He's more stable.)

message 48: by Angela (new)

Angela Corbett | 5 comments I'm a Ranger girl all the way! I love that he lets Stephanie be herself instead of trying to control her like Morelli.

I literally screamed at book 12 when Morelli walked into Stephanie's apartment right before she and Ranger were about to have sex...for only the second time in the whole series!!! Maybe the anticipation of Stephanie and Ranger having sex again is one of the reasons I like Ranger so much.

message 49: by Lucille (last edited Oct 10, 2009 09:15AM) (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 7 comments Angela wrote: "I'm a Ranger girl all the way! I love that he lets Stephanie be herself instead of trying to control her like Morelli.

I literally screamed at book 12 when Morelli walked into Stephanie's apartme..."

lol, i agree with that. Ranger is more of the forbidden fruit, that she wants so badly, but knows that she can't have. Morelli is just kind of there whenever she wants him, which takes away some of his excitement.

Siobhan (tigress5cubs) | 3 comments I think Morelli is exciting. Loved when he handcuffed himself to her but then she escaped to the bathroom only to... (just in case someone hasn't read that one I won't say any more). But I love the sexual tension with Ranger. The end of 12 was so sweet.

« previous 1 3 4 5