Teens rock! discussion

our creative writing! > Writing Advice

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Need help? Ask and we'll give each other advice here on writing. :D

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3... can I get advice on this story here

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) of course. I'll read it as soon as possibly. I'm just a bit busy at the moment.

message 4: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments I just need help on where to start! I have a good idea, but i don't know what to do with it.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Well tell me the idea and I'll help you work on it. :)

message 6: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments K...Well the story i want to do is about a girl named Lilias that has autism, and she is a foster child...i want the story to be her story of finding a loving family and what she is meant for.

message 7: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Its not very good but...i just want to see what i can do with it..

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Well... Lets try to build on the character first, because there will be secrets in her which will help you find her her family. :) So.. What's her background and personality?

message 9: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments That is a good idea! My problem is that i have that American vocab (limited proper grammar) so i can't make sentences sound good and stuff...

message 10: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Well lets say that she was abused and had some traumatizing memories..her autism makes it worse because she can't understand things like a normal person.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Thanks! I have American vocab too. What exactly do you mean "limited proper grammar"? :P I use American vocab and can make sentences sound good and stuff (well I don't say they sound that way, others told me they did).

Yeah that sounds great. It makes sense. Could you tell me a bit about autism? I don't really know about it.

message 12: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Well where i live in the US..we just don't have bigger words..like we only use the simple words.

Autism is s disease that causes a person to not understand emotions...they hate affection and loud places. Some don't even learn how to talk cause of there attention span being short.

message 13: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Oh thx! That would b great...

message 14: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Okay.....if u haven't seen me talking already...i don't have it started yet and i need help with that..i explained my plot and a little about the characters.

message 15: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Why thank you! Yes i really need to have a beginning that hooks the reader.

message 16: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Hmm...hit me with some ideas....i have one but im not sure about it.

message 17: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Ok...well i want to start it with her having a flashback and then snapping into the present...that is just the first thing i want to happen.

message 18: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments It'll be a challenge to express the way she thinks through writing because of her autism.
I'v kinda studied autistic behavior in a movie i watched...its called "Temple Grandin" i really understood a little more after watching that, so i can probably work with that....

message 19: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments .......

message 20: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Oh its ok....that isn't a bad idea...but i want something spiritual in this kind of....no offense to u if u aren't spiritual but...i would like something bizarre or spiritual to happen..like in "The Shack"....its about a girl that gets murdered and her brother gets notes from God about it.

message 21: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Thx...ill be brainstorming too.

message 22: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments I have an idea....Lilias, because of her autism, sees things in totally different ways. Because of that her mind kind of "speaks" to her, and she thinks it is God....idk...

message 23: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Yea! She talks to herself when she doesn't know what to do, and that is a reason that foster parents dont like to keep her.

message 24: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments Yea!! I like it!!!

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Saria wrote: "Well where i live in the US..we just don't have bigger words..like we only use the simple words.

Autism is s disease that causes a person to not understand emotions...they hate affection and loud ..."

haha ok. xD thanks for explaining both of those.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Great ideas! So you sorted most or all of it out Saria?

message 27: by Saria (new)

Saria | 354 comments I think so...i think ill write it out on paper an get with my friend and she can check it out..then ill put it on here and u can check it out!

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) cool! :D

message 29: by Ann (new)

Ann Abernathy (chatterann) I NEED HELP!! so i have already written the 1st 2 chapters of my story (well, technically 4) but I'm stuck. if u go to my writing u can see what i mean...

message 30: by Ann (last edited Jan 17, 2013 08:27AM) (new)

Ann Abernathy (chatterann) I have a very basic plot. like, very basic--2 girls (both named Annabelle) get switched into each other's lives. one lives in medieval times & the other in modern times. (I haven't decided if it's going to be a completely other fantasy world, with like dragons & fairies & stuff, or just the past...)

but that's pretty much all I've got! I'm just taking it little by little, writing about how they are going to have to start adjusting to their lives, but I don't know what's going 2 happen 2 each of them after that.

HELP??

message 31: by Ann (new)

Ann Abernathy (chatterann) (btw, u can tell the girls apart 'cause one is called Anna and the other is called Bella.)

message 32: by Ann (new)

Ann Abernathy (chatterann) great idea!! thx! :D

message 33: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Dont read your story in the middle of writing it, it will end up a mess