Teens rock! discussion

our creative writing! > Writing Prompts!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) I'll post a prompt up soon. And you guys can write that. Post your writing here so we can read. ^_^ It can be just a link or the actual writing.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Like the writing in this thread??

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Yeah you can put the writing here. hold on I'm typing the prompt now :D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

awesome!!

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) The sunlight waking me up. As I peel my heavy eyelids open, I see leaves above me and trees. It's humid and warm. I look around to see I'm laying in what appears to be some form of rainforest or jungle. I try to stand up but my leg muscles are too sore. I notice they're is a deep open wound down my entire leg. Combing through my memories I can't remember anything but the screaming of my twin sister, Fate's voice and us running. The last thing I remember is her crying my name and and screaming at me to run. Her being dragged away from me and reaching out but me standing hopelessly and running away like a coward....

Continue the story! I'm bad with prompts sorry guys. I hope I gave you enough.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) ♥iLoveBooks♥ wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I'll post a prompt up soon. And you guys can write that. Post your writing here so we can read. ^_^ It can be just a link or the actual writing."

That sounds great! If I can, I'll..."

sweet!

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Ninja of the Lounge wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3..."

Those don't have to do with the prompt so can you please post them in the topic 'My writing!'? Thank you!

Anastacia *gaining love* Asbury so we can basicilly free write in here :) SWEET :D

Anastacia *gaining love* Asbury oh no wait we finish the story...that's still pretty awesome :)

message 10: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

Els (Elss) | 990 comments Mod
Samantha wrote: "The sunlight waking me up. As I peel my heavy eyelids open, I see leaves above me and trees. It's humid and warm. I look around to see I'm laying in what appears to be some form of rainforest or ju..."

My head started to hurt, I tried desperately to remember what had happened next but my mind went blank. I clung to the tree next to me as I tried to lift my body off the mossy floor. Pain shot down my leg but I was determined to get up and find Fate before it was too late...

message 11: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

"Fate!" I tried to shout but it came out as a horse whisper. I tried again and this time my attempt was better. my heart pounded in My chest. What if something bad had happened to my sister and it was an my fault? I started to cry, harsh, heartbreaking sobs escaped from my lips. My eyesight was blurred and still I tried to find Fate.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) Anastacia ~*~TheForgotten~*~ wrote: "oh no wait we finish the story...that's still pretty awesome :)"

haha thanks. :D

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) This is awesome guys! It should be like an actual story. :P

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) I just sat there sobbing my heart out. I cried so hard my head hurt as if my brain was too big for my skull. I gripped my head and balled on the ground. It shot pain throughout my entire body. I held my head and curled into a ball. My wounds hurt to much for me to move right now. So I just cried and tried my best to call out for Fate.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) I pulled myself up with the tree's help. "No.." I stood up. My voice was shaky with tears. "I don't-I don't know what happened. My sister... She's.. She's missing. And we were running. Away from something or someone," I said limping over to him. "Is there like... Do you live near here?" I asked.

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) My desperate eyes searched his face for any sign that he could - would help. "You- you have to help. I don't know what to do.. She's... She's gone," I cried to him. He pulled me in to an embrace rubbing my back up and down trying to calm me.
"Sh... It's okay. We'll go to my place and fix you up," he said looking down at my leg. "Can you walk?"
I shook my head no chocking back tears. "I.. I don't know. It hurts," I said as silent tears streamed down my face. He picked me up and held me close like a baby. I dozed off as he carried me off. It would've felt like a fairy tale ending if only Fate wasn't missing and I wasn't in awful pain.

message 17: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

When my eyes finally flickered open, they struggled to focus. My whole brain was overcome with a white light. I could hear the muffled commotion around me. The smell of disinfectant stung my nose and I was suddenly aware of how thirsty I was. My mouth was as dry as the Sahara but as I opened my mouth to ask for water, nothing came out.

Anastacia *gaining love* Asbury Samantha wrote: "The sunlight waking me up. As I peel my heavy eyelids open, I see leaves above me and trees. It's humid and warm. I look around to see I'm laying in what appears to be some form of rainforest or ju..."

I feel tears stream down my face. If our spots had been switched, Fate would have saved me. "Destiney," I mumble, "You're an idiot." I sigh and sit down against a tree. I know I've lost them and there is no way to save Fate. I guess you can say...that it was her fate to get caught...

message 19: by Els, Assistant leader (last edited Jan 05, 2013 02:29AM) (new)

My head started to pound and my eyes became completely alert, they flicked around the room, taking in my surroundings. Maps with red strings connecting places littered the otherwise grey walls. A small telly sat in the corner showing a picture of Fate and I on the screen with the word, "missing", running along the bottom. The boy closed the curtains and came back to me on the couch. He reached out a hand and stroked my forehead.

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) I backed up away from him. He was scaring me. "What's going on? What's all that for?" I asked gesturing at the maps and red strings?" I looked back at the TV. They were still talking about Fate and I. "Look! We're missing. You have to help me get back. Please? And then we'll tell the cops about where Fate could possibly be. And...and..." I looked up at his face. It was stone hard. He was really scaring me know. Why wasn't he helping?!

message 21: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

"C'mon sweetheart, let me fix you", he smiled menacingly. I got up despite the pain aching through my body. His hands grabbed my arms and tried to push me back down. "No!", I screamed. My head started to spin. What was happening?!

message 22: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

A large jeep pulled up beside me. Get in a familiar voice called. Obediently I jumped into the passenger seat. The driver turned to me and flashed me a smile that could meet my heart. "Lucas, you don't understand how happy I am to see you", tears poured down my cheeks, "can you help me?". "Hey, what're friends for? Just tell me what's going on"

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) "I don't know. Something happened to Fate. Somebody or thing was chasing us. And she was dragged away. And I ran. And it's all so scary," I said starting to sob again. "There was some guy who took me to his place. I thought he was going to help me, but no. No he was scary." I looked into his eyes desperate to find a clue to something. Anything!
"Calm down. Where'd he find you?" Lucas simply asked me. I'm glad he wasn't going to start telling me Everything is alright now and that silliness. It was ridiculous because we both know it isn't true.
"Somewhere in the woods. Fate. Something could have happened to her," I said crying again.

message 24: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

My whole body ached and I groaned in pain. "On second thoughts, taking you home may not be the best option. How about hospital first?". I nodded which made my brain scream in agony. "Destiny? Oh gosh", Lucas hit his foot on the throttle hard.

message 25: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

The hospital room was bright white and the smell of disinfectant burnt my nostrils. As I looked around, I caught sight of Lucas at the end of my bed. "Hey", I weazed as he smiled at me.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) The doctor did a quick check up on me. He checked my pulse, my wounds, my temperature, and some other things. It was annoying. His equipment was cold and hard. It hurt a bit. It felt so heavy.

message 27: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

"Surviving", I smiled weakly at him. He came to my side and moved a piece of hair out of my eyes. "How did you know where to find me?"

message 28: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

"We will find her Destiny, I promise". "I dont know what i'll do if we dont". Lucas smiled sadly at me. "We can't do anything until youve rested". I looked at him and he bowed down and pressed his lips to my head. "Pinky swear you'll help me Lucas?". "Pinky swear". We locked our fingers together and shook.

message 29: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

"I don't know.... In the forest maybe? That's the last place I saw her..." I said, thinking hard. I didn't know where she could be, truth be told. She could've escaped the forest but she could still be there. If she had escaped, then where would she have gone? Lucas nodded and swerved the car to the left, back towards the forest.

message 30: by Samantha (last edited Apr 02, 2013 08:24AM) (new)

Samantha Arnold (nahteeraisamanthaarnold) "Why? It's my blood. Why bother? We all know what type of blood I have. Plus, I am full of it!" I argue. I don't know why I argue with him. It's Lucas. My best friend. Why am I arguing with him for helping me? "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm being rude." I say shoving my hair behind me ear and out of my face.
"It's alright. But would you prefer we call the cops?" He asks. I know it'd be the right thing to do. But I can't... I can't explain what happened over and over and over again. I just can't do that anymore. Plus in all these movies it takes the cops so long. And it's always just in time. Barely in time. That isn't good enough for me. But will I really be any quicker? I don't know, but I have to be. Plus if the cops come they'll just trap me in a hospital useless. All I'll be good for is telling the story which I can't do anymore!
"No. I'm not going to drag more people into this," I say firmly.

message 31: by Els, Assistant leader (new)

"Okay", nodded Lucas, "Looks like it's just me and you".
I smiled and carried on walking. Blood tracks were visible on the floor and there were skid marks from where I'd obviously fallen in my rush. Tears pricked my eyes again. Lucas noticed and took my hand, squeezing it softly. "Hey, Destiny, it'll be alright, she'll be alright".

message 32: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 12 comments "Hopefully..." I mumbled to myself as we kept walking through the forest.
Eventually we came to this small clearing I recognized, but I just couldnt put my finger on it. In the middle there was a small object laying in the knee-high grass. As we got closer, I simply could not believe what I saw.
The hat. The hat Fate was wearing the last time I saw her!
I ran over and picked it up and what I saw under the hat made my heart drop to my stomach... There was a knife with just the slightest bit of blood on the end. It was fresh blood too.
Lucas must have seen my horror because he took one look at me, and another at the knife and said "Hey Des, I really think we should call the cops. There is nothing we can do right now, and it looks like this person or whatever took Fate is very dangerous..."
"LUCAS, YOU PROMISED, THERE IS NO WAY IM GIVING UP NOW. WHAT IF SHES GONE?! Every moment we waste right now might end up hurting someone in the end.. I am NOT calling the cops just yet." Frustrated, scared, and just shooken up I started pacing to try and figure out a solution.