Book Junkies discussion

All Things Random > Best, Last and First

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) What was the best book you read in 2012?

And the last book?

And... do you give any thought to choosing your 1st read of the New Year? What is your 1st book of 2013?

message 2: by Randi (new)

Randi | 39 comments Best would be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Last was Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

Didn't give thought to my first of 2013, just one I've wanted to read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

message 3: by Kyla (last edited Jan 01, 2013 02:05PM) (new)

Kyla | 96 comments Best Books of 2012 was Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My least favourite in 2012 Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness

The last book of 2012 Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

First book of 2013 The Hidden Oasis by Paul Sussman I chose it just because it was the top of the pile of "to read" book on my shelf :)

message 4: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) I think my fave book of 2012 was
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga

The last book, which I just couldn't finish, was:

Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens

The first book of 2013, just because it started with an A:

Always On My Mind by Pam Howes

message 5: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) Randi wrote: "Best would be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Last was Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

Didn't give thought to my first of 2013, just one I've wanted to read [bookcover:Abraham Lincoln: V..."

I loved "Book Thief!" Haven't read the Abe Lincoln book yet but I'm intrigued by it. Maybe this year...

message 6: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) Kyla wrote: "Best Books of 2012 was Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My least favourite in 2012 [bookcover:Shadow of N..."

Too funny, Kyla - I have to agree w/you on "Shadow of Night." What a major disappointment. I've not read "Quiet" yet, but hope to this winter, it's nice to find someone who's read it! And I really enjoyed "Night Circus" - what an amazing debut novel.

Hadn't heard of "Hidden Oasis" but I'm adding it to my list! Thanks for the lead :-)

message 7: by Raphael (new)

Raphael | 252 comments Best book of 2012.. Tricky question :) Can't even remember what I read this year. Haha.

Top of my head: Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Last book I read: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

2013 first book: Isola by Isabel Abedi

Nope, didn't think about that. Just picked it up

message 8: by Kyla (new)

Kyla | 96 comments Tami wrote: "Kyla wrote: "Best Books of 2012 was Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My least favourite in 2012 [bookcove..."

I loved the first book to Tami, so yes was majorly disappointed with the second. not sure if I will read the third when it comes (although probably will) and yes loved Quiet!!
So far Hidden Oasis is great, I'm really enjoying it!

message 9: by ~Brandy~ (new)

~Brandy~ | 8 comments Lets see, the best book I read in 2012 would have to be Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between. I really really enjoyed this series. I am wishing that the author comes out with another book real soon!

The last book I read in 2012 was Once Burned. I wanted to read some Jeaniene Frost books but they were all checked out at the library with the exception of this one.

And my first book of 2013 was Blood of the Demon. I chose this one because I remember really liking the first book in this series and decided that I needed to continue with it. And I am so happy I did!!!