Mount TBR 2013 Reading Challenge discussion

Level 2: Mount Blanc (24 Books) > Michelle's Mount Blanc ~

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sera (new)

Sera Great one with which to start Michelle! My best to you in regard to the challenge and let's make sure to find some buddy reads :)

message 3: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) It's a deal!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It's nice to see you both here again!

message 5: by Sera (new)

Sera Thanks :)

message 6: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Started with a different book; first one down,

1. The Woman in White

message 7: by Jemidar (new)

Jemidar | 116 comments Good book to start with :-).

message 8: by MichelleCH (last edited Jan 26, 2013 06:12PM) (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Loved it. Another Collins read coming up for me - The Law and the Lady.

message 9: by Jemidar (new)

Jemidar | 116 comments Yes, that's on my wishlist too.

message 10: by Sera (new)

Sera Collins is awesome - I hope to read something else by him this year.

message 11: by Sera (new)

Sera MichelleCH wrote: "Will start with One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich."

What happened with this one? I just reserved it at the library. I want to read with the 1001 Books club next month.

message 12: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Jemidar: just started it, a great beginning so far.

Sera: I know. I was side tracked by holds coming in from the library and other group reads. I plan on starting it shortly for the 1001 read. Yay! You will be there too.

message 14: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) One of my all time favorites, Michelle! The beginning will be very familiar to you. T.H. White helped write the screen play for the Disney film.

http://youtu.be/7bd5YUEOwlE

message 15: by Sera (new)

Sera MichelleCH wrote: "Jemidar: just started it, a great beginning so far.

Sera: I know. I was side tracked by holds coming in from the library and other group reads. I plan on starting it shortly for the 1001 read. Ya..."

I have it - I am hoping to get to it soon. Does it move quickly for a short read? Or, is it dense?

message 16: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Hayes: oh good!

Sera: I'm finding it really dense. Slow progress for me. It's also so heartbreaking,that may be another reason I hesitate to pick it up.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! Just thought I'd pop in and say, "Hi!" I'm on the same climb as you now! :-)

message 19: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Hey Tanya! I need to focus more on books I own. I keep getting books from the library... Happy to see you on the way up!

message 20: by Sera (new)

Sera MichelleCH wrote: "Hayes: oh good!

Sera: I'm finding it really dense. Slow progress for me. It's also so heartbreaking,that may be another reason I hesitate to pick it up."

I had to take it back to the library so I didn't get to read Ivan. I am going to try again down the road. I could use a lighter read myself - ha ha ha.

message 21: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Me too!!! I had the library issue too. What I get for reading two chunksters at once.

message 24: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) 5. The Sparrow finished. Might pick up the sequel for my next read.

message 25: by Diane (new)

Diane Will (inver) | 38 comments I see you have Snow Flower on your list. I have read this one. Hope you enjoy it.

message 26: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Thank you Diane. I hope to get to it soon.

message 27: by Sera (last edited May 17, 2013 05:33AM) (new)

Sera I'd like to knock Child 44 out considering that the trilogy has been completed and published and I've been sitting on the first book since its inception.

Let me know when you think that you might get to it. I am not sure that I can get to it until August. That's right, August!

message 28: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Sera wrote: "I'd like to knock Child 44 out considering that the trilogy has been completed and published and I've been sitting on the first book since its inception.

Let me know when you think that you might ..."

Ok, I can go for August! Funny how we have to plan so far ahead :)

message 29: by Sera (new)

Sera MichelleCH wrote: "Sera wrote: "I'd like to knock Child 44 out considering that the trilogy has been completed and published and I've been sitting on the first book since its inception.

Let me know when you think th..."

Ha ha ha - I know :)

message 31: by Sera (new)

Sera Yay! Keep moving - you'll get it :)

message 32: by MichelleCH (last edited Sep 01, 2013 05:07PM) (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) Thanks Sera! It's helpful having you cheering me on :)

One more completed: 7. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.

Thinking that My Cousin Rachel will be next.