Clean Reads discussion

Is It Clean? > Free Clean books for Nook/Kindle

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Knowlton (NancyKnowlton) | 4 comments I just wanted to start a thread where we can share any free books for e-readers we find that are nice/clean/good reads!! One I found on B&N.com that readers were all commenting was good is the Book of Deacon.. havent read it yet.. but everyone seemed to love it, and mutliple readers said it was good and clean! I will let ya know what i think of it when i finish it up. What free books have you found to be good?

message 2: by Julianne (last edited Jan 16, 2013 01:36PM) (new)

Julianne Brewer (juliannebrewer) | 4 comments If you sign up to get emails from thefrugalgirls.com you will get updates on what books are free for Kindle (usually for a limited time so you have to jump on it) almost every day. Just yesterday I was able to get Forever Blessed and Until Forever both by Darlene Shortridge for free. They were originally 3.99 kindle version and 14.97 for the print. I'm sorry that I can't review them as I just got them yesterday but they appear to be a clean read and the reviews were great!

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa (Wishful Endings) | 5 comments Julianne wrote: "If you sign up to get emails from frugalgirls.com you will get updates on what books are free for Kindle (usually for a limited time so you have to jump on it) almost every day. Just yesterday I wa..."

I can't find frugalgirls. Can you post an actual link?

message 4: by Julianne (last edited Jan 16, 2013 01:37PM) (new)

Julianne Brewer (juliannebrewer) | 4 comments http://thefrugalgirls.com/

sorry! i didn't realize it had "the" in the url! i fixed it in the original post above.

message 5: by Julianne (new)

Julianne Brewer (juliannebrewer) | 4 comments Today I was notified that "Beyond the Storm: Quilts of Love Series" is free through Kindle. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008...

message 6: by Tracie (last edited Jan 18, 2013 07:28AM) (new)

Tracie (traesi) | 4 comments www.inspiredreads.com

You can either just visit their website daily, or have them email you daily with what is free. Every book is Christian based, mostly fiction, some non-fiction. Usually there are three free books and a couple that are on sale... every day! If you click on the link of each book, it takes you to Amazon so you can read reviews and download the book.

This is for Kindle, obviously. I have been able to get so many free and clean books this way. They aren't always amazing writing, but some of them have been pretty good.

message 7: by Tracie (new)

Tracie (traesi) | 4 comments Oh, I should add that like the other site mentioned, the books are free on www.inspiredreads.com for only a limited time, so you need to check that day if you're interested in a particular book.

message 8: by Julianne (new)

Julianne Brewer (juliannebrewer) | 4 comments Traesi wrote: "Oh, I should add that like the other site mentioned, the books are free on www.inspiredreads.com for only a limited time, so you need to check that day if you're interested in a particular book."

Thanks for sharing that website. I have never heard of it!

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie | 6 comments I had a friend recommend the book, Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff. It is free right now on amazon for Kindle. I read it quickly and enjoyed this clean, sweet fantasy.

http://www.amazon.com/Seeds-Discovery...

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Weldon | 10 comments I am happy to find that I am not alone in the quest to read a book free of curse words, and sexual situations. I check out books for my Kindle from our library website. I prefer to read fiction books written by Christian authors. I find the selction on the library website to be poor, although I am checking books out. I also follow Inspired Readers. They do offer some free selections.