YA Writers and Readers discussion

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
This topic is about Anna and the French Kiss
Group reads/ discussions > Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Inês (snowhitereads) So this is the first book of 2013.
If you would like to discuss something about it or share quotes or something related with this book while reading it this month, this is the right place to do so.
There is no specific reading pace so you can read it at your own.
Also, if you have already read the book feel free to share your thoughts with us.

Have fun reading!

Margie (thebumblegirl) I have it and haven't read it yet! I'm excited to finally get to it this month :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been meaning to read this one, it's been in my TBR pile for a while now.

Ruth Hill (ruthhill74) | 2 comments I have read this book, and it is awesome! Here's the link to my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 5: by Ju (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ju (graveyardbook) I haven't even considered reading it but I've read some reviews and it seems awesome! I'll see if I can get a copy at the bookstore or some library :)

message 6: by Ruth (last edited Jan 02, 2013 07:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Hill (ruthhill74) | 2 comments If you like sweet romances, I think you will like this book. It is quite humorous at times, too.

BookDeliria (Dia) (24celestine) will read this. :))) thanks for reminding me!

message 8: by Rabia (new) - added it

Rabia (fairlyliterary) will be reading this. It's been in my TBR pile for quite some time

Inês (snowhitereads) I'm happy that all of you are excited to read this.
I really hope you enjoy it :D

message 10: by Ju (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ju (graveyardbook) Started reading it and I love it so much that I can't get it out of my sight even though I'm supposed to be cramming for a test. I love Anna's bitter humor and the other characters are memorable even though they are just secondary. :)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 1340 comments Mod
So, I started this book today and I'm not very far in but what is the DEAL with her father???? I hope we find out more because this seems a little ridiculous just to ship your daughter like this.

message 12: by Ju (last edited Jan 17, 2013 03:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ju (graveyardbook) I finished the book this week and...
It.
Was.
Perfection.
I mean yes, there is a bit of Instalove between Anna and St. Clair but it doesn't mean that anything really happens what with St.Clair having a girlfriend and all. I found that aspect interesting too since most YA Drop-Dead-Gorgeous Guys are single and ready to mingle which seems unrealistic come to think of it but St.Clair is different and so is Anna and this book was mind-blowing and sweet and not at all cheesy so I hope all of you like it!

Inês (snowhitereads) Kathy wrote: "So, I started this book today and I'm not very far in but what is the DEAL with her father???? I hope we find out more because this seems a little ridiculous just to ship your daughter like this."

I think that her father is a romantic, daydreaming kind of person in some aspects that's why he sent Anna that way, but that's just my opinion.

Inês (snowhitereads) Jackie wrote: "I finished the book this week and...
It.
Was.
Perfection.
I mean yes, there is a bit of Instalove between Anna and St. Clair but it doesn't mean that anything really happens what with St.Clair havi..."

I could not agree more with you, what gets to me every time is that sense of sweetness, sort of innocent love. I'm so glad you liked it. :D

Anita (nitathebookworm) | 1 comments Speaking of his father, his book titles and the fact many of them are made into movies remind me of Nicholas Sparks.

I love how Stephanie Perkins didn't make St. Clair into a stereotypical YA romance male lead (perfection from head to toes). He got some flaws which make the story so much more interesting.

Kayla Brock | 2 comments i have just finished the book a couple days ago and i absolutely love it. It doesn't have your usual "perfect" guy which we all know don't exist any where but our favorite books. St.Clair is a character who is fighting the feelings he has foe Anna because of his girlfriend and everything he is going thru. It made it more real for me because usually the guy we like isn't single and trying to get with us. We walk that fine line of friend and something more and then you see him trying to do what is right. And i loved the way the scenes that were leading up to kissing and kissing scenes,they were amazing and even better than some books with scenes with more "action". I just fell in love with this book, and will read it over and over again.

message 17: by Ju (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ju (graveyardbook) Yup it's definitely one of those rereadable books

William (williamjhoh) This book is so sweet, and it makes you all tingly inside by the end and makes you sigh in contentment.