100+ Books in 2022 discussion

2013 Lists > Dolly's 100+ Books for 2013

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dolly (last edited Sep 13, 2013 07:41AM) (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 138 comments In 2009 I finished 110 books,
in 2010 I finished 105 books,
in 2011 I finished 141 books, and
in 2012 I finished 115 books.

For the most part I just count "my" books here. Since I've read over 1000 books each year for the last three years with our girls, I don't count the majority of those. However, we are starting to read longer books, so I may start to count more of them. Let's see how I do this year...

message 3: by Doris (new)

Doris (dorisb) | 68 comments I understand about reading aloud to others... I also don't count those, nor do I count those which I only read parts of. Congratulations on your reading lists for the past several years!

message 4: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 138 comments Thanks, Doris!

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 21 comments I read stories as part of my job. I can only imagine what our totals would be if we counted all our story time books with our children!! I did create a shelf for our stories together. They love seeing the numbers grow!!

message 7: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 138 comments I resolved to review every book I read with our girls on Goodreads and it has become a bit of an obsession, I admit. I am amazed by how many books we read together. I'm not sure how much longer it will last - they are growing up so fast. But I love that we can look back and see all of those books - all the time we spent snuggling and reading together.

message 8: by Doris (new)

Doris (dorisb) | 68 comments Dolly wrote: "1. Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright
2. Lone Wolf by Kathryn Lasky
3. Native Guard by Natasha Trethewey
4. Dial Om for Murder by Diana Killian
5. Death Lights a Candle by Phoebe Atwood Taylor
6. Ra..."

Just wanted to say I have also read The Familiars and loved it!

message 9: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 21 comments Dolly wrote: "I resolved to review every book I read with our girls on Goodreads and it has become a bit of an obsession, I admit. I am amazed by how many books we read together. I'm not sure how much longer i..."

Hopefully it will last. My oldest is in 6th grade and will not let me miss a storytime at home. We just finished a great book called Pickle by Kim Baker about pulling practical jokes at school (clean ones). Have fun and enjoy every moment!!

message 11: by Doris (new)

Doris (dorisb) | 68 comments Crystal wrote: "Dolly wrote: "I resolved to review every book I read with our girls on Goodreads and it has become a bit of an obsession, I admit. I am amazed by how many books we read together. I'm not sure how..."

If it doesn't last with reading the entire story, it may go to listening to you read a segment, then borrowing the book to read it themselves. (This has been my experience with my 2 daughters.)

message 12: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 138 comments That's a good idea!

message 20: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 138 comments 100 done! And I finished more than a month ahead of last year. I hope to get at least 20-30 more.

message 25: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 138 comments 133 books this year - now on to 2014...