Read Across Canada: A 2013 Challenge discussion

General discussion > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa, Chief Bookworm (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 425 comments Mod
What book are you currently reading for the Read Across Canada challenge? Do you like it or not?

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) I'm just a few pages into The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8) by Louise Penny The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny, and am enjoying it.

message 3: by Melissa, Chief Bookworm (new)

I'm glad you're enjoying your book, Connie.

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 20 comments I've started reading The Moon of Letting Go: And Other Stories. So far, so good.

message 5: by Autumn (new)

Autumn I'm on paragraph 5 of Fishing Up the Moon, my Ontario choice although parts are set in Nova Scotia. Great opening paragraphs, it's like reading a song...

"On desks in workstations, flowers dream of meadows. They remember stores and paper wrapping and ceramic pots. They whisper into silent air, asking if the meadow was ever real."

This is pretty much how I felt in Toronto, too haha (crycry!) ;)

message 6: by Melissa, Chief Bookworm (new)

I'm reading Long Hot Summoning, even though I read it about this time last year for the Around the World Challenge. It was just so funny that I decided it was worth a reread.

message 7: by Yrinsyde (new)

Yrinsyde | 35 comments Hello! I'm Catherine in Australia and I will be visiting Canada (London Ottawa Montreal) in April this year. My husband is Canadian and so I thought this was a great challenge to join! I am also combining this challenge with the 52 Books Around the USA so my posts will seem sparse sometimes. I am going to start reading The Snow Walker by Farely Mowat set in Nunavut tomorrow. After that, it is The Tin Flute for Quebec.

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda My first selection for the challenge is, The Tenderness of Wolves

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 27 comments Although not my original intent, after discovering that most stories in Dear Life: Stories by Alice Munro are set in small Lake Huron communities, and the author herself is from that same area, I'll be reading it for Ontario.