Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Monthly Reads > Yotsuba&! Reviews

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life
Description: The story of the new kid in town - little Yotsuba, a green-haired and wide-eyed girl who doesn't have a clue... about anything! With no knowledge of the world around her, and an unnatural fear of air conditioners, Yotsuba has her new neighbors' heads spinning.

Post your reviews for Yotsuba&! here! Please hide any spoilers or leave them out. We are reading volumes 1-3.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments My library finally got a hold of volume 12 of Yotsuba. I am super excited! The cover is adorable. The three youngest girls are dressed up as witches on the back ^-^

message 3: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2025 comments Mod
Kristen wrote: "My library finally got a hold of volume 12 of Yotsuba. I am super excited! The cover is adorable. The three youngest girls are dressed up as witches on the back ^-^"

Volume 12 WAS adorable. :3

But anyway, how can one spoil this series...? It's not like there's an overall plot.

So. Who's your favorite character in this series? I think Jumbo's my favorite. ^^ Or Yotsuba's dad. I think they're great, especially when dealing with Yotsuba.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Selena wrote: "But anyway, how can one spoil this series...? It's not like there's an overall plot."

We use that line in pretty much every MR discussion. We just copy and paste it.

I really like Jumbo and Yotsuba's dad, too. I like when grown men are willing to do silly things for a little girl ^-^ So cute. Like when Yotsuba's dad pretends to be Underpants Man. But really, all of the characters are funny.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Vol 12 was fantastic. It left a smile on my face for a long while after I finished.

This is one of the rare manga where all the characters really click. I can't really think of any I don't like (even Yanda). So it's hard to pick a favorite (well, outside Yotsuba herself), but I'd agree Jumbo and Yotsuba's dad are certainly up there. Fuka also stands out for me.

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Mike wrote: "Vol 12 was fantastic. It left a smile on my face for a long while after I finished.

This is one of the rare manga where all the characters really click. I can't really think of any I don't like (e..."

Haha. I think Yanda's hilarious, actually. He's the only one who won't humor Yotsuba whenever she has a crazy idea and she hates him for it. It's so funny.

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments I have finished volume 12 and it was just as adorable as it looked from the outside. It might actually be my favorite volume so far. But now I want to reread the series to be sure ;)