2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Alicia's 30 books in 2013

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 10 comments My goal this year is to read 30 books. In 2012 my goal was to read 42 and I managed half that at 21.

I hope to finish off the 17 books still in my currently reading shelf from last year. Whether these will be part of or in addition to the 30, I'm not sure yet.

I'll be reading one Doctor Who book a month in the lead up to the 50th anniversary in November and I also hope to participate in some of the challenges here. For instance, I have several door stoppers in mind for that particular challenge!

message 2: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) A Doctor Who fan! Have you read many of the books? What's your favorite one? I've read a few, but not as many as I'd like to!

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 10 comments Hi Trevor! I went through a period of reading loads of my Doctor Who books when I first started collecting them. My collection has grown a lot over the past seven years but I just haven't been reading them recently.

But the anniversary year's a great time to get into reading Doctor Who books so hopefully I'll have read my way through 11 (or more) of them by November!

message 4: by Alicia (last edited Jan 06, 2013 01:08PM) (new)

Alicia | 10 comments A Landing on the Sun by Michael Frayn
A Landing on the Sun by Michael Frayn
Read 27/12/12-06/01/13

My first book finished this year! I'll hopefully be able to write a short review of it when it's sunk in a bit. In any case, it was a very lucky find at the Oxfam in Harpenden over Christmas.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Landing on the Sun (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Frayn (other topics)