75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2013 Challenge) > Jacquies 2013 Book List

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karol (new)

Karol Yes, bring it on!

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7646 comments Mod
Maeve Binchy's got some good ones, some great ones, and some really awful, long, boring, tedious ones. It's hard to figure out what each book is going to be! Scarlet Feather is one of my favorites, The Glass Lake being one of my least favorites. Good story but takes much too long to get there.

message 3: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4111 comments Mod
I love the summer at willow lake series! I'm on 4 I think, I try to stretch out series...lol

I have the Maeve Binchy book, she's one of my faves. So sad that she died.

message 4: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I've read a few of Genova's works and have enjoyed them. Definitely want to check out Love, Anthony!

message 5: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1449 comments Jaxmarie wrote: "I've read 19, 20 and 21 for book clubs. Haven't loved any of them. Writing in Life After Life was great, but I didn't really get the point? Who Will Run the Frog Hospital..."

I've heard a lot about Life After Life... some people loved it, others say it doesn't live up to the hype. It's on my TBR but I'm not sure what to expect.

message 6: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I'm a big fan of fellow NH native Jodi Picoult but I can't read too many of her books in a row. They're so heavy. Haven't picked one up in awhile. I've been meaning to but I've got such a long TBR list. Lol

message 7: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I've read Still Alice and liked it but wasn't amazed by it. I got her new one, Love Anthony, for $2.99 e-book about a month ago but haven't read it yet.

message 8: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4111 comments Mod
I think I read the first three books on this Wiggs series and they are pretty good with likable characters.

message 9: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

I really liked The Book Thief. Will probably wait to see the movie on DVD though.