Addicted to Novels - YA Books and more... discussion

Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1)
This topic is about Forbidden
Tina Smith (January 1st, 2013)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Tina Smith

Who are you?
My name is Tina Smith. I am the author of Wolf Sirens Forbidden and Wolf Sirens Fever. I am a mother who is currently two subjects away from achieving my advanced Diploma of Naturopathy. I currently work in a health food store and am a qualified massage therapist and herbalist.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2013 09:16AM) (new)

What type of books do you write?
Paranormal/Fantasy with a bit of romance.

When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
I have always written, when I was little I rewrote fairytales. As a teenager I kept journals and as an adult I didn’t write or read much at all until after most of my studies were done and my daughter was older. It took me three years and a bit to complete the rough drafts of Wolf Sirens Forbidden and Wolf Sirens Fever.

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
Anytime I can! But I get the good stuff out late at night and after a day at work. Because I am so happy to return to it after a forced absence.

What inspired you to write your first book?
To tell you the truth I was between colleges and I needed something to do. I have always kept diaries and written poetry. Slowly it became an obsession. It was like creating a poem and diary entry that didn’t end.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. It was poetic, mysterious, and obsessive and dream like.

How do you react to a bad/good review of one of your books?
This question makes me chuckle. I was thinking about this – because I have a sequel that I have just released and I was interested to see how people would rate it and react to it, compared to Wolf Sirens Forbidden. I like to read the reviews- but maybe I shouldn’t. I think how someone sees your book says more about them, than it does about your work. I am fascinated by the human condition. I wanted to reach people through my writing and reviews are evidence that someone has taken the time to read it, and I should be satisfied with that. Knock on wood, I have been very pleased with the majority of reviews and I focus on them, but I do value constructive criticism. But that said, nasty people do get me down. But I figure what doesn’t kill me...

What’s more important: characters or plot?
You can’t have a sandwich without bread and you can’t make two pieces of bread into a sandwich, it’s too bland. I squeeze every motivation and detail from my characters – so maybe I think they are the most important thing to me. They are the tasty filling.

If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters?
Anna Sophia Robb, Alex Pettyfer, David Henrie, Molly C Quin.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write what scares you, what you know and what you can’t go a day without thinking about it.

Will you have a new book coming out soon?
The third instalment in the Wolf Sirens Series, Nightfall, will be released sometime in 2013.

Can you leave us a quote from one of your books?
‘The closer I got, the less I wanted to harm them, the more I became something that would.
Something strong and unrelenting.’

Where can we find your books?
Paperbacks are available from Outskirts Press, at amazon. Ebooks from kindle and smashwords.
a. My blog: http://wolfsirens.blogspot.com.au/
b. My facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/wolfsirens.
c. My Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/TinaSmith
d. Twitter: https://twitter.com/tinawolfsirens
e. Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GG06AS
f. Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...
g. Other: http://outskirtspress.com/WolfSirens

Is your book in Print, ebook or both?
Both. Wolf Sirens Forbidden is in both. Wolf Sirens Fever will be released in paperback in January and is currently available on kindle and smashwords as an ebook.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Wolf Sirens Forbidden Discover the Legend by Tina Smith
Wolf Sirens: Forbidden: Discover the Legend
When Lila unwillingly moves to the country town of Shade, she can’t imagine the life-altering events that lie in wait for her. Shade has a curfew and has always been surrounded by myths. A central feature of the town is its famous statue of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, whose spirit is said to protect the innocent.
Lila falls in with a group of intriguing teenagers with luminescent eyes and soon she is drawn into the shadowlands of fantasy and reality, where destiny collides.
A mysterious local girl, Cresida, warns her to stay away, but Lila is drawn to them like a moth to a flame.
Cresida knows their fatal secret and she is honour-bound to protect those who are endangered. But she underestimates Lila’s passion for the mysterious and charismatic clan of youths. Lila begins to feel a call she cannot ignore. Yet her heart is filled with vulnerable desires that begin to turn the underworld upside down, for both hunter and hunted, as she learns they have been waiting for her…
Inspired by the legend of the mythical femme fatale, Wolf Sirens is an intimate tale of unrequited and forbidden love in the underworld, a masterpiece of romance fantasy.

Wolf Sirens Fever Many are Born, Few are Reborn by Tina Smith
Wolf Sirens: Fever: Many are Born, Few are Reborn
Eternally Cursed to Love & Not Purely Desire…

Temperatures rise as the flames of longing still burn in the thrilling sequel to Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The legend continues. Apollo, god of deadly plague, conspires to undo his sister’s legacy. The wolves exist between two worlds, one in the town another in the forest.
Prophecy says hunters and wolves are cursed to a mutual attraction. Increasingly, each successive slayer becomes more alluring to the wolf. The predestined enemies struggle, to both resist and contain their fierce rival in a conflict powerful enough to tear two worlds apart.
A shadow has fallen over the heart lands of myth and reality. The chosen is reborn broken-hearted, in the scorching embers of grief. Devastated, Lila trains tirelessly as the assassin. She must submit to deliver justice and protect the innocent of Shade.

But is it love or revenge which motivates her?
Will the huntress or her heart prevail? Breaking away from the call of destiny and fearing betrayal, Lila makes a desperate escape in search of her lost beloved. The intensity between two ancient enemies ignites. The history of the wolf pack is revealed as devotion and desire in the underworld reaches fever pitch.

If The Bite Doesn't Get You, Then the Fever Will

Tina Smith is an herbalist, dog lover, Piscean and mother with a fondness for strong female protagonists. A love of the fantasy genre and the deep exploration of dark and evocative subjects inspired Wolf Sirens Forbidden. The sequel Fever further unfolds the tale of the heroine femme fatal, on her journey in the underworld between the lands of myth and reality.