Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Group Reads > January 2013 - Accidentally Amish

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) For January 2013, we will be reading Accidentally Amish by Olivia Newport.

Summary: Escape the helter-skelter of the modern culture and join software creator Annie Friesen, hiding at the home of an Amishman. With her high-tech career in jeopardy, Annie runs from fast-paced Colorado Springs—and straight into the hospitality of San Luis Valley’s Amish community. There she meets cabinetmaker Rufus Beiler, and the more time she spends with him, the more attracted she becomes. When Annie finds she shares a common ancestor with Rufus, she feels both cultures colliding within her. But is her love for Rufus strong enough for her to give up the only life she’s ever known?

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments I started reading this book last night on the plane from Connecticut to Florida. I have not been able to put it down.

I'm really enjoying the story of the modern day mixed with looking back at the Beiler ancestry story.

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina Watson | 10 comments I too agree, have not been able to put it down.

I feel like Im right there with the characters.

message 4: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) I am going to read it right after I finish reading the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury. I am on book #4 and I want to complete it before reading anything else!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments That series looks amazing! I'm going to have to find time to pick up that series...(and some money!)

I was up until about 1:30am finishing this book.

I found myself so drawn to these characters as they are so realistic. I found myself relating to Annie in my own way.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Watson | 10 comments In Plain View by Olivia Newport book 2 is set to release in June of this year and it picks up where Accidentally Amish lets off.

message 7: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis | 39 comments For this group read, I broke my rule of not starting a series until all books are released. LOL! It is so good, and now I can't wait for In Plain View!

I like dual-time narratives in a book and thought Olivia did this extremely well. I became equally interested in Jakob's story as the book progressed.

This isn't really a criticism, because I don't think it took away from the overall story, but I would like to have known more about Annie's job. It played a big part in the story, yet the description was rather vague.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 51 comments I havent read this book yet, Im going to check it out, thanks!

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments Melissa wrote: "I havent read this book yet, Im going to check it out, thanks!"

You really should, it's so amazing!

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 51 comments Emily wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I havent read this book yet, Im going to check it out, thanks!"

You really should, it's so amazing!"

Thanks Emily! =)

message 11: by Rebecca "Rebaka" (new)

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (becca4ever) Accidentially Amish was a book that I really enjoyed. I love reading books on the Amish but this was even more interesting because Annie is a Englisher going into the Amish world. This is the first amish book that I had read that had such a good hint of intrique in it.

I was lucky enough to read this book a couple of months ago from NetGalley and Barbour and can't find the next book there so I guess I'll have to wait and read it in June.:) Can't wait though. Olivia is a wonderful writer.