The Magic of Hogwarts RP discussion

Grounds > The Lake

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 543 comments Mod

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Jared hoped he didn't fall into the lake like he did as a not-so-innocent first year. Any mention of the giant squid made him shudder.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire Faziah slowly approached the lake with her head tilted to the sky until she felt the slight give of mud under her boots and looked down into the lake. She wanted to sink down into the water, she'd always loved swimming. The water turning you into a weightless mass, the coolness seeping into your veins, the tension seeping out of your body. It was wonderful, but being a sopping wet mess wasn't on the agenda. She could still get her feet wet though, couldn't she?
She removed her shoes and sunk to the ground, choosing a particularly dry spot and dipping her feet in the shallows.

message 4: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Schigiel Julie loved being outside. Not as much as the library, but she loved lakes too. She wondered whether the rumors about a giant squid being in this one were true?

message 5: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Schigiel (Yes, with this post, I do! I'm going to get sorted now!)
"You're welcome. Let's go to the Great Hall."

message 6: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

Mathias sat in the grass next to the lake. If the stories about a giant squid living in the depths of the lake were true,then just as well. He could happily visualize pushing his enemies into it's freezing waters.

He was to go to class soon, but for the time being, he had decided to sit in the sun with his Potions textbook, trying to memorize the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death, which he wanted to brew for the sole purpose of impressing the Potions Professor. This was the reasoning behind most of his actions...to impress .

He caught sight of an annoyingly familiar face walking towards him. He sighed, and closed the textbook.

"About time, Clarisse,"

message 7: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 18, 2013 08:12AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "...and nice to see you too!" Clarisse rolled her eyes and replied with a sigh, Mathias was never the friendly sort. Besides, he's her brother, she can handle him.

"About time for what?" Clarisse asked trying to sound friendly, but how can you do that when your brother is such a kiss up all the time. "Don't you have class or something, what are you doing out here? I thought you'd be somewhere kissing up to some professor!" Clarisse teased and giggled.

message 8: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 18, 2013 08:18AM) (new)

He rolled his eyes back at her. How could Clarisse be older than him? Her immaturity was astounding. She, he had decided, was merely jealous of her abilities.

"About time for you to get some help on your schoolwork." Mathias muttered. "Although, even if you beg and plead, I will not help you with your...studies." Mathias looked at her the way a cat looked at a mouse. "And, my not-so-dear sister, I'd rather be 'kissing up' to a Professor, as you refer to it, than prancing around like an idiotic Hufflepuff, as you are." His eyes showed utter amusement. Her attempts to make a fool of him were...pathetic, to say the least.

message 9: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 18, 2013 08:44AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) (I assumed that you are going to put him in Slytherin, since! I pretty much requested that he was a Slytherin!)

Clarisse sighed, of all the people to be related to....why do I have to be related to him

Since Mathias insulted her house first, it's on. She was being nice, well, nice enough! She was his sister, she has teasing rights. It is probably written somewhere in the laws of how to treat siblings.

"Right, because we both know that I would be thrilled to beg and plea for your help! No, it's okay! I got friends for that, while you being a Slytherin..how is that working out? You know, you're a muggleborn! I don't think your housemates would be pleased about that! You're kind of stuck aren't you? Slytherin is like the most hated house!" Clarisse said with fake concern.

message 10: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

(I'll put him in Slytherin...)

Mathias shook his head. Yes, He thought mildly. Clarisse was always a guaranteed Hufflepuff.

But inside the comment about him being a muggle-born hurt, at the bottom of his cold and hardened heart. And he wanted to hurt Clarisse as much as he could, in turn.

"Clarisse," Mathias said, managing a small smile. "You are ignorant, and rather defensive. In fact, you are many things. But you are not smart, and you are most definitely, not my sister."

With that, he turned his back on her and opened up his Potions textbook again.

message 11: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "Not your sister...? Really, okay! I guess if any of your housemates asks! Telling them that you're Muggleborn wouldn't matter to you. I mean, why should they trust me? I am not smart, and I am not your sister!" Clarisse said with a laugh, she probably wouldn't tell his Housemates anything because that would be sort of cruel. She just couldn't do that, Mathias was irritating and everything, but if she said anything like that. What would the Slytherins do to him?

It was fun all the same to tease him like this, he would probably grow out of this weird hatred for everyone. Why is he so angry at everyone anyways? Clarisse sometimes wondered about this.

message 12: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (last edited Jan 18, 2013 09:13AM) (new)

Mathias fixed his eyes on Clarisse.

"I am not like Mum and Dad," He said coldly. "I am a wizard, they are Muggles. And you, Clarisse, would be much better off as a Muggle, like them. If I were you, I would run away from Hogwarts and change my identity." He raised a thick and dark eyebrow at her, waiting for her reaction.

message 13: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse smiled, "Okay then! Nice chatting with you! Are you going to tell me what you are doing or are you not going to tell me?" Clarisse asked deciding to end the argument all of a sudden.

Before Mathias could answer, Clarisse added "Didn't think you would tell me! You should get to class, you don't want to be late! And no, I am not telling you what to do! Laters!" Clarisse said and ruffled up Mathias's hair before he could react.

She then walked off to rest somewhere else on the lake, giving her brother the peace he wanted. Knowing him, he would be angry that she just messed up his hair. It would probably embarrass him or something, which is exactly why she did it.

message 14: by ★RavenclawReader★, Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy-Warty Hogwarts... (new)

His eyes turned to slits as she glanced down at the textbook once again. One day he would show her...once day he would show them all...that he was not the harmless little brother they considered him to be...he had power.

According to his watch, it was time for class. Mathias got up, and headed to his next class.

message 15: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse saw that her brother finally took off for class,I wonder what he's thinking?Clarisse thought. It was unlike Mathias not to be angry about one thing or another, she was sure of that.

Clarisse sighed, and laid back down on the grass with her arms spread out. It was a nice day out, and she doesn't have class until a little while.

message 16: by Ayah (last edited Jan 23, 2013 02:33AM) (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) I headed to the lake with a book in my hand to sit down and read but before I could do so I noticed some one else laying by the water. I pondered on the idea of leaving or going to say hi I chose the latter.

"Hi do you mind if i join you."

message 17: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse was stretching while lying on her back when she heard someone approaching, leaves being stepped on and looked up.

"Hi do you mind if i join you."

"Of course not! You're welcome to join! My name is Clarisse." Clarisse had introduced herself, that was the basic introduction.

Clarisse saw that the girl had a book with her, "What book are you reading? If you don't mind me asking!" Clarisse asked, her eyes focused curiously on the book then turned to the girl.

The girl looked about her age, uniquely dark hair and piercing blue eyes. She seemed nice, Clarisse thought. Clarisse always had this weird habit of studying people's features, maybe she could be a good detective with some training.

She pondered at this thought amusingly.

message 18: by Ayah (last edited Jan 23, 2013 02:35AM) (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) I clung to my book nervously and sat down beside her.
"I'm Honey it's nice to meet you. Oh this here is The Slandered Book of Spells grade 4 I like to practice them in my free time," I mumbled. Looking around trying to find something to say i said "It's nice here don't you think well obviously you do why else would you be here." I was talking gibberish and she and I both new so I shut up for once i my life waiting for her to say something instead.

message 19: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "It's nice here don't you think well obviously you do why else would you be here."

"Are you nervous? You seem to have something bothering you! Oh my gosh, is it me! Do I have something on my face? If you do, you have to tell me! I don't want to be scaring people all day without knowing why!" Clarisse said jokingly, when she realized the girl was slightly uneasy.

Maybe this will break the ice...I hope! They always said that being silly or goofy is a quick way to warm people up to you... Clarisse thought, she had remember this from some Muggle TV program she used to watch.

"You must be really good at spells and stuff!" Clarisse added at the end in her normal cheerful voice, as if she hadn't just acted really goofy a second ago.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna wandered out to the lake, stopping at the water's edge. She was reading a book, studying a complicated spell, and she'd only just realized that she was at the lake. She sat down in the shadow of a small bush, a little away from the lake's edge, and pulled out her wand. "Undetectable Extension Charm," she muttered. "Right..." She pointed her wand at her bag and whispered the charm. Nothing seemed to happen. She frowned, lowering her wand. How would she know whether it had worked? She sighed and, looking up at the clear sky, thought irritably, I wish I was playing Quidditch right now instead of trying to study Charms. She twirled her wand idly, looking around her, and noticed Clarisse, who she'd seen around. A fellow fourth year, Hufflepuff. "Hey, Keenan," she called.

message 21: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse turned at the sound of her name, or last name to be precise.

"Yes?" Clarisse said looking at Brianna, she didn't know the girl well, but she knew she seen her walking to and from classes.

"Zeller?" Clarisse added a second later with a smile.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna shrugged one shoulder. She stuck her wand back into her pocket and stood, snapping the book shut, and heaving her bag over her shoulder. She walked over to Clarisse. "Mind if I join you? Kinda bored at the moment," she said with an easy smile.

message 23: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse shrugged, she didn't mind. Sitting around is pretty boring though.

"Oh, this is Honey by the way! Honey, this is...Zeller!" Clarisse introduced gesturing from Honey to Brianna, she couldn't help but laugh when she introduced Brianna by her last name.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna nodded to Honey. "Call me Brianna," she said. "Good to meet you, Honey."

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sry, mom's calling for lunch, be back soon!))

message 26: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) "Well yeah I guess, I haven't been able to not do spell ye-" I was stopped mid sentence at the sound of some one calling Clarisse's name. We both looked over to see a fellow student walk over who had long black hair, I had seen her a few times before between and had sometimes noticed how her eyes seemed to be a different colour each day or the other, today however her they were blue.

"Mind if I join you? Kinda bored at the moment," she said.

"Yes?" Clarisse said then after she said, "Zeller?"

"Oh, this is Honey by the way! Honey, this is...Zeller!" Clarisse said probably forgetting I was there for a moment.

"Call me Brianna," Brianna said, "Good to meet you, Honey."

"Hi nice to meet you to," I replyed.

Trying to make conversation I said,"So what you been doing today."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna dropped her bag next to her and sat, stretching her feet out in front of her. Today, as usual, she was wearing knee-high black boots. "Well, nothing much," she said, in reply to Honey's question. "Trying to finish Charms homework; I'm supposed to practice the Undetectable Extension Charm."
Brianna tilted her head back, looking up at the sky. "I think I've done it right, but I haven't checked it completely yet."

message 28: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse smiled mysteriously all of a sudden, as she just thought of a brilliant plan. She shot her hand up in the air, "I propose you take a break!" Clarisse said loudly and excitedly to Brianna.

She smiled at Brianna in a certain way which suggests she has something in mind. She turned to Honey, "Honey, do you like Quidditch? Have you ever tried playing it?" Clarisse asked excitedly while smiling.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna grinned. "Great idea, Keenan," she said. "Wait, can I call you Clarisse?"

message 30: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) Clarisse smiled at Brianna, wondering why she asked when her answer was obvious, "Of course you can!"

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Great," Brianna said, getting to her feet and once again heaving her bag over her shoulder. It really was heavy. She brushed herself off and held out her hand to the other two to help them up.

message 32: by Night Owl (last edited Jan 21, 2013 11:01AM) (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) "Honey hasn't agreed to it, Brianna!" Clarisse said, though she was ready for some action. She did not want to force an activity on someone if they did not want to do it. Clarisse looked to Honey, and smiled. "Quidditch is fun, you will enjoy it! I'm sure of it! What do you think? Want to try your hands at it?" Clarisse asked.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna looked at Honey, waiting for her answer, head tilted to the left side, almost catlike. It was habit she had. Her eyes sparkled now at the prospect of Quidditch.

message 34: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) "Um," I could not do it at the smiles on the there face, so instead I jumped to my feet. "Sure i'd love to."

((hey guys sorry for the long wait was asleep lol))

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna flashed a brief smile. "Let's go then! You guys got brooms?"

message 36: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) "Yeah my mum gave me one she said it was the best when she was at Hogwarts." I Replyed.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna looked expectantly at Clarisse.

message 38: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) It didn't seem like Honey really wanted to do it, but Brinna really wanted to. Honey might like it once she tries it, "You will like it, and if you don't! We could do something you like to do next time!" Clarisse said and pulled Honey up.

"Let's go! I'll race you guys!" Clarisse said excited, and ran off to the direction of the Quidditch Pitch.

message 39: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((Sorry, I would! I only have one character though, and she just left!))

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

((Maybe Will? But they don't like each other...))

Brianna ran after Clarisse and Honey, her black hair whipping behind her.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

((Gryffindor tower but I got to go now! I'm so sorry!))

message 42: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) ((hey so were are we going now))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

((Quidditch Pitch))

message 44: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) ((Yea, is there a Quidditch Pitch?))

message 45: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) ((yeah is there one on here))

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2013 05:52PM) (new)

((I think Sofie hasn't gotten around to making it yet))

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianna walked towards the lake with Jared.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Jared followed, watching Brianna closely and trying to figure out what was going through her mind and, more importantly, wondering what she was going to tell him. She's pretty, he thought to himself as he caught up to her, ran past and sat beneath the beech that he almost always sat under with Derek and Brianna. Now Derek wasn't there, and Brianna was alone with him by the lake.

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2013 12:27PM) (new)

Brianna joined Jared, sitting down beside him. She stared out over the lake, noticing for the hundredth time how beautiful it was, despite the giant squid and all the other creatures in it. It was getting late, and the sky was darkening steadily, a few stars seeming to blink into existence. She looked around at Jared and noticed he was looking at her oddly. "Jared?" she asked quizzically.

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2013 07:55AM) (new)

Jared: "Yes?" Jared said. "Oh, yes, sorry. So, what's bothering you?" he replied swiftly, trying to sound casual to her. He hoped he was a very convincing casual dude. In truth, he saw the dark come, and also saw some dark clouds. Was it going to rain? "Brianna," he said suddenly. "I think it's going to rain. Want to go to the Room of Requirement?"
Gemini: Gemini watched Jared and Brianna, deep in conversation. She decided not to interrupt them and looked up. Dark clouds. Probably a storm on the way. Not wasting a moment, she hurried to the door and entered the castle. She wondered where she should head and decided to go to the kitchens and see if she could get a pancake or waffle or something; she was hungry.

« previous 1