Indie Book Club discussion

Currently Writing > High Witch Book 2

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently writing the sequel to "High Witch," called "High Witches." I've written 5 chapters, and it seems to be going okay so far. I can see how the story develops but I can't see the ending yet. That might be a problem, but usually I can't see the ending of a book for a while. Hopefully I don't totally screw it up!

Here's the blurb (spoilers for book 1):

High Witches (High Witch, #2) by Mona Hanna

Sequel to High Witch.

After surviving the trauma of Julius hunting Ariel, Brayden and Ariel settle into their married life. Ariel is determined to find the other High Witches like her, to make sure they're alright. But there's something going on with her pregnancy, something unusual, and she needs to find out what.

In the meantime, Hallie, an eighteen year old witch, is being pursued by Nicholas, a strange young man who won't leave her alone. What does Nicholas want with Hallie, and how are they both connected to Ariel? And what about Sean, the man Hallie loves? Will they end up together, or will Nicholas' plan hurt all of them? The two witches will need to work together to save those they love, and each other.

###

I'd love opinions on the cover. I think it's fine but some people don't like it, and I can't decide if I should change it. I think I'll leave it as it is, but any opinions would be great, even if you hate it :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Just an update on this book. I'm writing it very slowly unfortunately, and I don't know how to get motivated. I've written 13 chapters, which is only 8 chapters in the last couple of months. That's totally pathetic since I have the time to write more than that. I stopped to edit and release another book of mine in January, and haven't been able to get back into this very well.

I have plotted the remaining chapters and can see the end, although not one aspect of it. I'll have to figure that part out later. I think there's only a third to go, about 7 chapters, but there may be more than that. It's not a terrible book, and I don't think the plot is bad, I just don't have any motivation. *Sigh* I don't know what can set a fire under me. Maybe because I need to do so much editing, so all I'm seeing is the flaws. But it's not too bad. I don't know what to do.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished the first draft! Yay! My previous post is me whining like a little girl, but I finished it! I wrote quite a few chapters just in the last few days and managed to get the draft done. I have a LOT of editing and a fair amount of rewriting to do, but I'm just really glad the foundation and a solid ending is there. I'll most likely have to add some extra scenes because the final chapters are a bit rushed, but that's okay. Such a huge relief :) *Sigh* I was freaking out for a while there! I'm glad it's done :)