Independent Author Services and Promotions discussion

HAPPY NEW YEAR! What are your goals for 2013?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp (cynthiasheppedits) | 221 comments Mod
What are your reading and/or writing goals for 2013. How many books do you plan to write/read?

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Kirchhoff | 4 comments I'm hoping to finish my single novel this month and try getting it published. :) I hope to also get back on track with my series-edit/rewrite the first two and finish the third (and hopefully start the fourth). I made a goal to read 200 books. What are yours?

Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp (cynthiasheppedits) | 221 comments Mod
My reading goals are as much as I can possibly take in and still have time to work lol.

My work goals are to expand my business, get at least 25 new clients, and edit my ass off this year. I hope to publish two anthologies. I also hope to slide into the full service publishing business along with my editing.

I hope you meet your goals!

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Brant (jasonbrant) I'm going to write and publish ten novels this year.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 5 comments I am hoping to read / listen to an average of 2 books per week. (Which is actually down from the last 2 years - but that also implies I'm hoping to spend less times on planes & in hotel rooms and more time at home actually doing something!!) And to write at least a quick review of each one.

message 6: by Nicki (new)

Nicki | 4 comments My goal is to finish my first novel with hopes of getting it published. I would also like to read and review 50 books this year.

message 7: by Mayra (new)

Mayra Villavicencio (gizel) | 6 comments my goal for 2013 is to write a short story about being a single mother and trying to date in the 21st century!! can't wait to start that project. also to keep up with my blog lifeaccordingtogixel.wordpress.com

message 8: by Curran (new)

Curran | 12 comments My goal is to revise and edit my the sequel to my novel The Sity. I am a full-time graduate student, so it's been so hard trying to find time for my own writing! Happy New Year and good luck to all of you. It's nice to be part of this group.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Andrassy (stephanie_andrassy) I like to set my material expectations on the low side so that when I do manage to meet them, I can impress myself. ;) My first material goal is to submit my Twist Anthology short story. Since it is 99.9% done, I thought I should start the new year off right by checking off one of my goals in the first week. :D I have two novels well underway and am bouncing between them. They are racing against each other to see which will be in the hands of my test readers first while a third one is begging to be started, and a fourth - already done but in need of major rewrites - is happy to take the back burner. I will be happy if I publish two this year.

But ultimately, my goals are simple: Be a great mother, a great daughter/sister/aunt/friend, and a great provider of the things my children/family/friends need to be happy. That is the goal that is most important, to me. :)

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy Shojai (amyshojai) | 6 comments Great thread! I have several goals.

1. Record audio books for current titles (two done, four to go)
2. Write sequel to dog-viewpoint thriller
3. Update/revise and publish Purina Ency of Cat Care
4. Write companion 'puppy care' book to the existing kitten title
5. Play with the Magical-Dawg and keep my aging Seren-Kitty happy
6. READ as much as possible and celebrate good writing from colleagues and new friends

message 11: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Martin (martinbeks) | 2 comments My reading goal is 40 books (I know, not much, but it's like I have reading ADD, and unless something REALLY holds my attention, I move on to something else).
My writing goal is to finish two more books this year, and start on my fourth book, that will be completely separate from the Spy Sisters world I've currently got going. This other book will be literary fiction.
My ultimate goal this year is to be my own boss, and while I'm optimistic, I know it'll take a lot of work and dedication.

Independent Author Services and Promotions

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sity (other topics)