SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Monthly Nominations > February Author of the Month (Nominations)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Every month we nominate an Author (2 if you can't decide) we would like to read the next month. We then vote on a poll and the winning Author becomes our Author of the month!

You can then read any book by this Author and share your experience in a thread with others.

Nominations will last till the 10th of January.

message 2: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Is there a list somewhere with all the authors that have been an AOTM? I would like to nominate but don't want to mention someone that has been an Author of the Month before.

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Unfortunately not. I haven't really kept a record.

I think because we have been going for a few years eventually things will overlap and that is ok. If people still vote for an author and the author wins, then people clearly want to read something by that author. So don't worry too much about it :)

message 4: by Lu (new)

message 5: by Bian (new)

Bian | 95 comments Jasper FForde or Tom Holt

message 8: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments Lauren wrote: "Joyce Carol Oates"
+1

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Claudia wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Joyce Carol Oates"
+1"

Really? Yay! Didn't think anyone would be interested. She's got a psychological horror novel coming out that I want to read.

message 10: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments I actually love her writing and I read a handful of her books before I joined GR. But most of her books are downers, haha, and I haven't read any in the last years except for a short story collection.

message 12: by JJ (new)

JJ Coetzer (yennorks) | 1 comments Would like to vote Terry Pratchett ( http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/ )and Robert Ludlum ( http://us.macmillan.com/author/robert... ) for the next reads

message 13: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Cool the next post will be up on the 1st of Feb, you can vote for them then :)