You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > February 2013 - Book Voting

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Time to vote on the February group reads - voting will close on Jan. 10th.

Thanks to all who nominated!

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/76...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, decisions. Do I vote for one I want to read, or one that will most help my alphabet...

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47979 comments Judy wrote: "Helen, I don't think the alphabet & group themes read cross over. Kat?"

The jury is out debating this. Helen can change her vote depending on the verdict which I'm sure we'll pass before the 10th.

message 4: by AmyK (last edited Jan 03, 2013 11:48AM) (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1043 comments If we read a book in January for part of our ABC challenge, and that book happened to be the group read for the month of say......March, we could participate in the discussion and earn a badge though right?

If that logic is true, I would like to petition for our group reads to count towards our ABC challenge. Assuming of course they fit into the "read in order" rule, there shouldn't be tons of us in the same place in our ABCs. Just my 2 cents.

Whatever the jury comes back with is just fine though, because we love you all :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

we've been able to win a theme read badge by discussing other book in theme, but not the top two chosen by vote. There's surely no reason to not get the badge for the "in theme" read if it happens to fall for the ABCs.

Go on, Janice, you know you want to allow crossover between themed reads and the ABCs. I'm sure you're not a hard hearted meanie really.

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47979 comments Ooops, I forgot to come back and give you all the verdict.

The mods have decided to allow crossovers from challenges to group reads and topplers. You may not double dip between challenges.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Janice.

message 8: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1043 comments very nice.

message 9: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Thank you, sweet Janice! ; )