Book Junkies discussion

2013 Reading Challenge. > Martha's 150.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sean (new)

Sean (sean2585) | 8 comments not I.I will be lucky to get 40 this year. :(

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Jan 01, 2013 12:38PM) (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments So, what are you starting with Martha?
I think I am going to get started with either Entanglement or Fracture. The first line of the later has me thrown off, though...

message 3: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) OMG> I'm hoping to read 26 books this year! LOL good luck!

message 4: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) I'd never tracked the # of books before. Thanks to Goodreads I know I read just over 100 books last year!

so...this year? Think I'll shoot for 115.

First book is "Juliet in August," just starting it.

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments Tami wrote: "I'd never tracked the # of books before. Thanks to Goodreads I know I read just over 100 books last year!

First book is "Juliet in August," just starti..."

It's awesome that you were able to read that much. What was your favorite?

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina (renagee) | 5 comments I think im going to try and read 20 books this year.....i dont really have rhat much time to read. Good luck everyone. :)

message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments Martha wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "So, what are you starting with Martha?
I think I am going to get started with either Entanglement or Fracture. The first line of the later has me thrown off, though..."

I've alre..."

No, it was thrown off as in...oh, wow...I'm going to stop reading now before I say something bad...lol

message 8: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments Martha wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Martha wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "So, what are you starting with Martha?
I think I am going to get started with either Entanglement or Fracture. The first line of the later has me..."

The first in the series was good, but also had a awkward start for me--so I won't give up!

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments The Goddess Test books look really good. How are you liking them, Martha?

message 10: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments 60, I'll go with that number, decent enough and since I think I won't have much time reading this year like Gina. I envy you Martha. 115 books, way to go! :D

I started with Resident Evil this first day of Jan. Hopefully, I can reach my goal now. I failed last year though. :(

message 11: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) I'm trying to do 26 books for an A-Z challenge. LOL

So I'm starting with A.... Always On My Mind by Pam Howes

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe) (nightowlbookcafe) | 17 comments Yay Martha, the big 150! good luck :)

message 13: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Martha wrote: "60 is a good number.
No reason to envy. I just read at any free moment I have. Thanks :D

That's a great book to kick off the year!
I'm sure you'll be able to! I believe in you!"

Thanks Martha!

Dale wrote: "I'm trying to do 26 books for an A-Z challenge. LOL

So I'm starting with A....Always On My Mind by Pam Howes"

Nice. That's something different Dale. Good luck. :)

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe) (nightowlbookcafe) | 17 comments Martha wrote: "Lily (Lily Pond Reads) wrote: "Yay Martha, the big 150! good luck :)"

Thanks Lily! :D
What's your goal this year?"

I am doing 150 myself :)

message 15: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Martha wrote: "Lily (Lily Pond Reads) wrote: "Martha wrote: "Lily (Lily Pond Reads) wrote: "Yay Martha, the big 150! good luck :)"

Thanks Lily! :D
What's your goal this year?"

I am doing 150 myself :)"

Hahah ..."

LOL. Martha is getting senile.

message 16: by Tami (new)

Tami Vogel (tami_vogel) Cassandra wrote: "Tami wrote: "I'd never tracked the # of books before. Thanks to Goodreads I know I read just over 100 books last year!

First book is "Juliet in August,..."

Sorry for delayed reply, Cassandra - I'm only on here about once a week :-)

Fav book of last year? hmmmm.... I think I'd have to say "Orphan Master's Son" The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson It was so beautifully written and when I look back, that's one of only a handful that stick in my mind.

What was your fav read of 2012?

message 17: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) I think my fave for 2012 was I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga

message 18: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) I have 1 down!

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 1090 comments Mod
Yeah!! Good luck Martha! Hey, how many did you read for the 2012 challenge?

message 20: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Martha wrote: "Faize (Hannah) wrote: "Yeah!! Good luck Martha! Hey, how many did you read for the 2012 challenge?"

Thanks! Counting re-reads about 160 something."

That's a huge number. 0_0

message 21: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) Hey, I have a whopping 3 down now! Booyah!

message 22: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Way to go, Martha!

message 23: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) Wow Martha. I'm still at 3!!!! But I've almost fished #4...and I have a 3 day weekend coming up so hopefully I can do some catching up.

message 24: by Bajen (new)

Bajen Wow! I envy you guys with all those books read. I am a slower reader this time around, don't know how that happened but I am on book 3, just have to confirm with myself if it'll stay as book 3;)

message 25: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) Too much to read!

message 26: by Siva Kumar (new)

Siva Kumar S A (sivakumar_sa) | 93 comments Martha wrote: "And so little time."

There are 11 more months and if things don't go well you can always pull some tricks towards the end of the year

message 27: by Julie (new)

Julie | 145 comments oh no! That was going to be my next read :(

message 28: by Cassandra (last edited Jan 19, 2013 04:28PM) (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 156 comments Pretty cover, though! 2 down...

message 29: by Randi (new)

Randi | 39 comments I read it. Not that great but it pulled me in. There's a part 2 but I have no plans on reading it.

message 30: by Randi (new)

Randi | 39 comments Will is what kept me reading.

message 31: by Julie (new)

Julie | 145 comments Cassandra wrote: "Pretty cover, though! 2 down..."

The cover is the reason I placed it on hold lol ohhh I am a sucker for pretty covers!

message 32: by Julie (new)

Julie | 145 comments So true!

message 33: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) I haven't heard of it, but doesn't sound like a good read.

message 34: by Julie (new)

Julie | 145 comments On that note Martha, I think I'll pass on that one it would probably end up in my dnf list :( have you finished it?

message 35: by Randi (new)

Randi | 39 comments Atleast you can say you finished it :)

message 36: by Julie (new)

Julie | 145 comments Kudos to you gurlie!

message 37: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Hey Martha, I see that you've finished Don't Turn Around. I just want to know how did it went with you? Is it good?

Its in my TBR list for quite sometime. And I'm looking forward to decreasing my pile of read.

message 38: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Martha wrote: "Hud-c wrote: "Hey Martha, I see that you've finished Don't Turn Around. I just want to know how did it went with you? Is it good?

Its in my TBR list for quite sometime. And I'm looking forward to..."

Tech? Its about computers. 0_0 I have to read it soon.

Oh, btw, you're doing great Martha! Keep it up!

message 39: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Yeah sure, btw, got another question, have you read David Estes Evolution Trilogy?

message 40: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments I just got a copy of Angel Evolution. But I don't know if I'll read it in the coming weeks so I'm seeking opinions.

message 41: by Ansareen (new)

Ansareen (ahass35) Martha wrote: "11 books down and currently reading Fire Country (Country Saga, #1) by David Estes"

Keep it up!=)

message 42: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Martha wrote: "Hud-c wrote: "I just got a copy of Angel Evolution. But I don't know if I'll read it in the coming weeks so I'm seeking opinions."

Well if I read it before you do I'll let you know if it's worth i..."

Thanks I'll look forward to that in case you start with it before me.

message 43: by Hud-c (new)

Hud-c | 438 comments Counting 1, 2, 3 GO!

:D

message 44: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) The Trouble With Spells (Of Witches and Warlocks, #1) by Lacey Weatherford this is a quick read, i read it within a day or so on my kindle...it is also free on amazon.

message 45: by Bajen (last edited Feb 07, 2013 12:57PM) (new)

Bajen Wow Martha I did not realize you have read this much. I am so jealous lol.

message 46: by Bajen (new)

Bajen Like you said you are a fast reader, I am a bit on the slow side and too many distractions.

message 47: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I have finally caught up with my goal and am now ahead. My goal is 100 books :) I try to read my kindle on the commuter ride to and from work everyday, and in the evenings I read from one or two of my books I am working on :)

message 48: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I was beginning to think I would never have time to read with working two jobs, just had to find a good method for me lol...and some books...well I couldnt stop, like the trouble with spells! and vampire academy.

message 49: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) No I haven't heard! That is kind of exciting...

message 50: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Limited? I have only read the first book...I don't remember a Limited

« previous 1