Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2013! Yay! > Jennifer B going for 50 in 2013

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer24) | 145 comments I am again going to challenge myself to 50 books for this year. Probably going to include some textbooks this year along with my fun reading.

Good luck everyone!

message 2: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1833 comments Mod
JenniferB wrote: "Probably going to include some textbooks this year along with my fun reading."

Darn right! Textbooks count! You slogged through them, you should get credit for it!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer24) | 145 comments 1. Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Shoemperlen **
Our Lady of the Lost and Found A Novel of Mary, Faith, and Friendship by Diane Schoemperlen

I didn't care for the rambling chapters in this book. The original story would have been better without all the history chapters thrown in the middle.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer24) | 145 comments 2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society *****
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

I really enjoyed reading this book.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer24) | 145 comments I haven't posted my books in a while but I have been reading some okay books, mostly in series.

3. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris ***
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

4. Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke ***
Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5) by Joanne Fluke

5. Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen ***
Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10) by Tess Gerritsen

6. An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris
An Ice Cold Grave (Harper Connelly, #3) by Charlaine Harris

7. Shock by Robin Cook ***
Shock by Robin Cook

8. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde ***
The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1) by Jasper Fforde

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer24) | 145 comments 9. The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart ***
The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart
This has been on my shelf for years! Don't know why I never read it but I enjoyed the story quite a bit.

10. Don't Look Back by Karin Fossum ****
Don't Look Back by Karin Fossum
This one was from my MIL and it was kind of slow until the end when everything kind of came together.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifer24) | 145 comments I did a terrible job of keeping up with my posts this year :(

But I did finish 45 books. I was short of my goal but with a certification class and a new job not too bad.

Setting up my 2014 Challenge and hopefully I can do a little better keeping my posts updated.