North Liberty Readers discussion

Challenges > Sara's 2013 12 + 2 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara (saras99) | 15 comments OK I am new to this group so hope I am doing this right. Thanks, Pam, for inviting me!

1. Crazy Enough: A Memoir by Storm Large
2. Expecting Adam: A True Story of Birth, Rebirth, and Everyday Magic by Martha N. Beck
3. Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire
4. Completely Smitten (Fates #3) Grayson, Kristine
5. Between the Lines Picoult, Jodi
6. The Vow: The Kim & Krickitt Carpenter Story Carpenter, Kim
7. The Edge of Never Redmerski, J.A.
8. Be the Mom Eyster, Tracey Lanter
9. The Hunchback of Neiman Marcus: A Novel About Marriage, Motherhood, and Mayhem by Sonya Sones
10. Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2) Fox, Addison
11. Riding Out the Storm by Sis Deans
12. If You Can't Lose It, Decorate It: And Other Hip Alternatives to Dealing with Reality by Anita Renfroe

alternatives
1. Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life
by Tyler Perry
2. Stressed-Less Living: Finding God's Peace in Your Chaotic World
by Tracie Miles

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 235 comments Mod
AWESOME! LOVE the list...and we love having new book geeks here! This is a great group Sara...can't wait to chat about your books...

message 3: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Jen (nekokitty) | 913 comments Mod
I'm not sure that I've read any of these books, but quite a few are on my TBR list. You'll have to post as you read them to us know what you think. :) Oh, and welcome!

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (saras99) | 15 comments Thanks, Jenni! Pam speaks very highly of this group and I thought I should check it out. Pam - glad I got this all put together! :)

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean | 3 comments Sara....if you want you can also post your list at the Group called The Book Addicts! We are all there too...it's where the Challenge originated and where we all met...it's up to you...there are hundreds who do the challenge there and it's fun to see everyone's lists...

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (saras99) | 15 comments Thanks, Jean! I will do that!

message 7: by Pamela (new)

How are you doing on your reading girl? I'm feeling accomplished this year starting off the way I did. SO FAR anyway. I want to read ALL the books on my list...AND I have a list by my computer of OTHER books I want to read as well...oh the joy....

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara (saras99) | 15 comments Hi Pam - I have one done on my list. I have been reading other things. I have started the Hunchback of Neiman Marcus but didn't realize it is written like a poem the whole book. That one might be a struggle...How are you doing?

message 9: by Pamela (new)

I'm on book number FOUR! I zoomed through the Twains and just finished Finn to add to Huck's story. That was AWESOME! I'm reading a chunky one right now...Winter of the World by Ken Follett...#2 of his Century Trilogy and it's AWESOME. I read #1 Fall of Giants last year and the only thing bad about this series is I'll have to wait for another 2 years to get the last one! If you haven't read any Follett you should. He is by far one of my favorite authors and you just can't put his books down. His The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End are AMAZING. You'll have to try them someday....good luck on that poem book...I hope it's a catchy one!

message 10: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

NICE!!!!

message 11: by Pamela (new)

Jenni....I can't put it down. Winter of the World is freakin' AWESOME!!!!! Is it bad to say I'm glad Kateri is sick? I get to spend lots more time in the rocker with the nook and a cuddling baby. The house is suffering...but I'll take the baby and the nook over cleaning ANY day.....

message 12: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Ummm no, I know what you mean! It's just well-timed enjoyment is all. :) She's getting the love she needs, and you're getting some well-deserved reading and chilling with baby time. :) It's a win-win! :)

message 13: by Pamela (new)

Hey Sara....how are you doing on your list? I just finished number 12 on mine so I'm smooth sailing from now on no pressure...LOL!!! Reading Allegiant now and I've a list of fluffy ones to fill in the spaces for me.