Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2013 January - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments The New Year 2013 is here with all new releases in my favorite series in the horizon. Here's to a very Happy Reading Year!

What are the books you've just read, reading or about to read in January 2013? Have you taken any reading resolution?

message 2: by Melody (new)

Melody Litzinger | 6 comments unravel

message 3: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments I have just started Romeo, Romeo (Domestic Gods, #1) by Robin Kaye

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 162 comments I am starting with a bit on the science side though .. reading Kurzweil's How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed :D

message 6: by Tania (new)

Tania | 201 comments I started The Buckhorn Legacy last night.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I'm trying to cut down my TBR pile so starting off the New Year with The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn !

message 8: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I finished Monday Mornings by Sanjay Gupta by Sanjay Gupta yesterday morning. I really enjoyed this novel. It is actually very similar to ER. At times during reading this book, I did feel like I was reading an ER script just with different characters! The plot was interesting, gripping, well-developed and well-written. The medical lingo was easy to understand.The characters were interesting, vivid and well-developed. My only gripe about this novel was that I would have liked to learn more about what happened to the characters at the end of the novel.
My full review is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Now I'm a few chapters into What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty by Liane Moriarty. Great book so far!

message 9: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 433 comments I'm about to start Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 10: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (melcom) | 21 comments I've just started the second book in Donna Fasano's latest romance series. The Single Daddy Club Jason (#2) by Donna Fasano

message 11: by Marijke (new)

Marijke | 1 comments I've decided to try out the deadly angels series by Sandra Hill - Kiss of Pride is the title of the first book. :)

message 12: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylors21) | 20 comments Happy New Year girls!! I'm currently reading The Lake of Dead Languages!

message 13: by ~♡♥ April ♥♡~ (last edited Jan 03, 2013 03:24AM) (new)

~♡♥ April ♥♡~ | 8 comments We have a book swap club just started up at work so I have managed to pick up Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #2) by Kinley MacGregor which I am really enjoying. I'm new to Highlanders and WOW I've been missing out!!

(Any recommendations in this Genre greatly appriciated) :D

message 14: by Regina (new)

Regina Polli | 177 comments I finished Shades of Gray (KGI, #6) by Maya Banks and loved it! Now I started Standoff at Mustang Ridge by Delores Fossen

message 15: by Tania (new)

Tania | 201 comments Am about to start Dark Storm by Christine Feehan

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I'm working on getting my free ebooks cleared out starting with Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1) by Lynne Connolly .

Read with Kirsten (lezenmetkirsten) Romance wrote: "Release Me"

I am also going to start with this one this week. Is it any good?

message 18: by Jane(Janelba) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (janelba) | 769 comments I've just completed Room by Emma Donoghue . It was very interesting and thought provoking. I gave it a 4* rating. Intriguingly written with a five year old narrator.

message 20: by Susana (last edited Jan 04, 2013 11:41AM) (new)

Susana (susana32) | 524 comments I've read the novella I Love the Earl (The Truth About the Duke #0.5) by Caroline Linden it was a cute and sweet romance. Then i decided to give a shot to Jennifer Armentrout adult series, so i read the first Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1) by J. Lynn . It was okay, could have been better if the last part wasn't so face palming inducing, i guess...
Now i'm reading Shadows and Light Luz e Sombras (Pilares do Mundo, #2) by Anne Bishop although i love the author "black jewels" and "Ephemera" series, this one, not so much.
So i put that one on hold, and decided to finally read In The Forests of Serre by Patricia A. McKillip . Mckillip, has probably the most beautiful writing that i've ever encountered..

Regarding my reading resolutions for this year, i'm going to try to finally read, some series that i have been curious for some time now...like Stacia Kane series, Kalayna Price, Darynda Jones, Rob Thurman's, amongst many others.

message 21: by ~♡♥ April ♥♡~ (last edited Jan 05, 2013 12:03AM) (new)

~♡♥ April ♥♡~ | 8 comments I had some Virgin River books cheap from the Used Book Store where I live and I have to say I'm really enjoying the series. I've just finished Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) by Robyn Carr and starting A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4) by Robyn Carr . I love a series where you get to know and love the characters.

I've seen this group has a Virgin River Challenge which I may have to join now :D

message 22: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) I've finished reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty by Liane Moriarty. I really loved this novel! The plot was very intriguing, compelling and well-written with an interesting and unique premise. I loved the author's writing style. The story was very funny and some parts were quite touching and made me want to cry. The characters were all well-developed, vivid and believable. I found it easy to relate to Alice and the other characters. I was unable to put this book down for long. I was desperate to find out what was going to happen next! I gave it 5 stars!
My full view is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Now I'm about to start The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott by Kate Alcott.

message 23: by Ana (new)

Ana Doing a buddy read.. A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll . A feel-good read, so far so good:)

message 24: by Tania (new)

Tania | 201 comments ~♡♥ April ♥♡~ wrote: "I had some Virgin River books cheap from the Used Book Store where I live and I have to say I'm really enjoying the series. I've just finished Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) by Robyn Carr and starting [book..."

I read 3 of the Virgin River books over christmas and found them enjoyable as well. I plan to go back to them later in the year. They appear to be reprinting them at the moment.

message 25: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (makenziefay) | 496 comments Just finished Just Ask by Mia Downing which was good. Now finishing up Holding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts and beginning The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley . Love me some highlanders. :)

message 26: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) | 524 comments I'm trying to finish The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1) by Juliet Dark :(
this isn't working...

message 27: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 28 comments Finished reading One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost this morning and moved on to Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price

message 28: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments I'm reading Loving Lady Marcia (House of Brady, #1) by Kieran Kramer , I always enjoy her books, they are always fun.

message 29: by Janet (new)

Janet I am having a hard time getting the year started with a book.......

message 30: by Somi (new)

Somi (somiekhasomhi) | 1 comments I'm reading VAIN by Fisher Amelie VAIN by Fisher Amelie It's a hot new release, I think and is quite popular here on Goodreads.

message 31: by Irina (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 504 comments I've just started with Fallen Too Far (Fallen Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines

message 32: by Ana (new)

Ana Read about 100 pages of Spirit of Lost Angels by Liza Perrat and loving it so far.Great historical fiction read!

message 33: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Moving onto Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost , only Jeaniene frost could make Vlad the Impaler hot. :)

message 34: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments I finished the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. It was an ok fantasy series - a little to clean and nice and it could have easily cut down a book. Just a bit disappointed in it, I guess.

I started The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski for the group read. It's going ok so far.

message 35: by Questian (new)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 457 comments i'm reading Command Performance (Cordina #2) (Language of Love #37 - Crown Imperial) by Nora Roberts ...the whole series.... just finished with book 1.... staring book two already,,,,

message 36: by Gwnhwyfer (new)

Gwnhwyfer | 266 comments Quick read of The Baby Swap Miracle. Caroline Anderson by Caroline Anderson (was alright, loved the British country setting, the female lead got a little annoying after awhile with her constant need for independence). Also started The Perfect Hope (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts ; haven't read Nora in quite awhile, so it's nice to get back into her again!

message 37: by Shamika (new)

Shamika (mommalovestoread) Vi wrote: "I finished the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. It was an ok fantasy series - a little to clean and nice and it could have easily cut down a book. Just a bit disappointed in it, I guess.

I start..."

I loved The Edge of Never! I could re-read it for sure.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments i started Bee Among The Clover by Fae Sutherland last night. going so well i can't get to studying =)

message 39: by Susana (last edited Jan 10, 2013 09:58AM) (new)

Susana (susana32) | 524 comments Finished Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan which mostly i didn't like. Now i'm reading Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young which i'm liking. :)

message 40: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finished The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn -how I loved Anthony and Kate! Finishing up The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa and Breathless (The House of Rohan, #3) by Anne Stuart !

message 41: by Susana (last edited Jan 10, 2013 02:34PM) (new)

Susana (susana32) | 524 comments Erin wrote: "Finished The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn-how I loved Anthony and Kate! Finishing up The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa and Breathless (The House of Rohan, #3) by Anne Stuart!"

Erin, "The viscount who loved me" is my favourite Bridgerton book. What i laughed with the scene (view spoiler)

message 42: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) Yesterday I finished reading The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott by Kate Alcott. I really enjoyed this novel. It was very hard to put it down. I loved all the historical details about the Titanic and its survivors. I liked this unique take on the Titanic disaster. Not many books about the Titanic sinking feature the aftermath of it and how survivors try to deal with what happened and move on. I gave it 4 stars!
My full review is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I'm also about to finish Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, #12) by Janet Evanovich by Janet Evanovich and make a start on The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty by William Peter Blatty.

message 43: by Casy (new)

Casy | 7 comments Escape currently reading

message 44: by Connie (new)

Connie (constantjoy) Started reading The Princess & The Pea by Victoria Alexander The Princess and the Pea by Victoria Alexanderand also Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments added on Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2) by Maya Banks to my read for the week and it's so good. better to me than the first in the series =D

message 46: by Laura (last edited Jan 13, 2013 11:23AM) (new)

Laura (laurapo) | 8 comments I've just finished a book by a new-to-me author Remember Me by Laura Browning and liked it a lot.

next up is

Dream Eyes (Dark Legacy #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz

I hope it's a bit different - her last few books are indistinguishable from each other

message 48: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10940 comments Reading Baby at His Convenience by Kathie DeNosky now, starting Wallbanger by Alice Clayton tomorrow :)

message 49: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) Doing some re-reading because I got hooked by a new book in the series. This month I've read Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole , Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole . I'll also be reading some of my favorites in the series.

message 50: by icantfightfate (new)

icantfightfate | 2 comments Finished reading Wallbanger. A really awesome book, by the way. Now, I dunno what to pick up next.

« previous 1 3