YA/NA FANATICS discussion

BOOK TALK > Quote the book you are currently reading :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Post a line or a quote from the book you are currently reading.

For Before I Die : When I look at myself in the mirror, it’s great how different I look – big-eyed and dangerous. It’s exciting, as if anything is possible. Even my hair looks good, dramatically shaved rather than only just growing.

For Slammed :

Death. The only thing inevitable in life.

People don’t like to talk about death because

it makes them sad.

They don’t want to imagine how life will go on without them,

all the people they love will briefly grieve

but continue to breathe.

So far so good. I love the two books I'm currently reading. :)

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) "Laters, baby."
- Fifty Shades of Grey

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 141 comments "sometimes I put my license inside my locker, and it's so cool I worry that the whole thing might explode with the sheer coolness of it all" ~paranormalcy

message 4: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon “Oh, we're playing nice now? Shall we have tea first? Brew up a nice pot of kiss-my-ass?” - The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Mishma wrote: "“Oh, we're playing nice now? Shall we have tea first? Brew up a nice pot of kiss-my-ass?” -The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa"

Lol! I need to go back and read this. Started but never finished.

message 6: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon That's amazing Sara.We're buddy reading it.You can join.
And it also counts for winter white challenge.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Mishma wrote: "That's amazing Sara.We're buddy reading it.You can join.
And it also counts for winter white challenge."

Too many books!!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Payne (mommylovelovelove) | 11 comments “I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was. Likewise, I never imagined that home might be something I would miss.” Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom Riggs

message 9: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Sara wrote: "Mishma wrote: "That's amazing Sara.We're buddy reading it.You can join.

Too many books!!"

Oh.Right,I know how that feels.

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Mishma wrote: "Sara wrote: "Mishma wrote: "That's amazing Sara.We're buddy reading it.You can join.

Too many books!!"

Oh.Right,I know how that feels."

I slowed down reading last month and am trying to get my numbers back up. To many monthly challenges I signed up for.

message 11: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon I agree.Challenges can be exhausting.
Good Luck anyway.

message 12: by That Slytherin Girl Reads (last edited Jan 06, 2013 05:20AM) (new)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Patience isn't one of your virtues, I'm noticing.

- Adam from Terra (Terrestrials, #1) by Gretchen Powell

So far so good! I am not usually a fan of dystopian books but this is just getting better and better.

message 13: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 154 comments "No one can catch the motherf***ing fox. "

Looking for Alaska by John Green

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Greta wrote: ""No one can catch the motherf***ing fox. "

Looking for Alaska by John Green"

hahaha. i remembered that! ^^,

message 15: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) "Sister, did you ever wish you could be a priest instead of a nun?"

-Jane from Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters

Jane cracks me up!

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Kenzie wrote: ""Sister, did you ever wish you could be a priest instead of a nun?"

Jane cracks me up!"

I think Jane and I will get along. :)

message 17: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) 산드라 ❤ wrote: "Kenzie wrote: ""Sister, did you ever wish you could be a priest instead of a nun?"

Jane cracks me up!"

I think Jane and I will get along. :)"

I didn't like her much at first but she's actually hilarious. I didn't think I would like this book either, happy I started it :)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) i'll make sure to check it out! ^^,

message 19: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) 'I find I'm suddenly very interested in the exact position of the sun, and I take a moment to study the sky.'

-Logan from Defiance

This book is awesome :)

message 20: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1500 comments Mod
Kenzie wrote: "'I find I'm suddenly very interested in the exact position of the sun, and I take a moment to study the sky.'

-Logan from Defiance

This book is awesome :)"

sounds good!

message 21: by That Slytherin Girl Reads (last edited Feb 06, 2013 07:47PM) (new)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) I'm currently reading two books so here are my quotes:

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

My own footprints are clearly visible in the powder around me, but where his should have been-leading to and from the bench-I see nothing but a thick layer of untouched snow.

Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

He grinned, "I bet that by New Year's Day, you will have admitted that you're madly, deeply, and irrevocably-"

"Wow. Want to throw another adverb out there?" My cheeks were burning.

"How about irresistibly?"

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "I'm surprised you know what an adverb is."

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Vanderklip (xgrumpykitten) | 16 comments "far be it from me to let common sense get in the way of my stupidity." - Nick

Infinity by Sherilynn Kenyon

message 23: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments @beatrice- nice :)

message 24: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments Beautiful creatures: "I've never loved you any more than i do at this moment and I will never love you any less than I do at this moment"

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Alex wrote: "Beautiful creatures: "I've never loved you any more than i do at this moment and I will never love you any less than I do at this moment""

Cool! I loved this line too. I can't wait to see the movie. :)

message 26: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments I know!!! I can't waitttt!

message 27: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments "But it does make me sad that we’ve forgotten our names. Out of everything, this seems to me the most tragic. I miss my own and I mourn for everyone else’s, because I’d like to love them, but I don’t know who they are."

-R, Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion-

message 28: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments I JUST watched that today at the movies! It was so good!!!! I wanna read the book :)

message 29: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments zombie isn't my favorite story, I read it because I want to watch the movie but I think it doesn't release in my country :(

message 30: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments Oh wow :/

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Vanderklip (xgrumpykitten) | 16 comments you can always find it online for free ;) or even buy it! internet has everything! Lol

message 32: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments Yup:)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen
"I wounder if I can Fly?" - Ella

Notes Left Behind by Brooke Desserich
"She always eats her vegetables."

Two Kisses for Maddy A Memoir of Loss and Love by Matthew Logelin
"I'm not a writer."

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Lindsey wrote: "The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

[bookcover:Two Kisses for Maddy: A Mem..."

Aww I missed Ella and Micha! ^^
It's one of my faves.

message 35: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments "I suppose the choices you make really are what define you"

Sophie Price from Vain by Fisher Amelie

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

[bookcover:Two Kisses ..."

I'm loving it! It's great!

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Rachmi wrote: ""I suppose the choices you make really are what define you"

Sophie Price from Vain by Fisher Amelie"

That's so true. :)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Lindsey wrote: "산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

[bookco..."

What are the other two books about by the way? :)

message 39: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments 산드라 ❤ wrote: "That's so true. :)"

Don't you love when you read beautiful realistic quotes? I always highlight or mark it, sometimes in a very good book it ended up with a lot of quotes :D

★MC's Corner★ (gleekidmc) | 56 comments “I think my hair gel’s frozen.”
- Adrian Ivashkov

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead

GOD I LOVE ADRIAN

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Rachmi wrote: " 산드라 ❤ wrote: "That's so true. :)"

Don't you love when you read beautiful realistic quotes? I always highlight or mark it, sometimes in a very good book it ended up with a lot of quotes :D"

Oh I always do! And I post it all over facebook! hahaha.. ^^
It's just amazing sometimes how authors could make something beautiful out of words. :)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

"She always eats her vegeta..."

Notes Left Behind is written by a little girls parents of Elena, who died at a very young age of cancer. She would leave notes for her famliy to find and she did it more when she found out she would die soon.

Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love is written by Matt. A first time father who lost his wife 27 hours after their baby girl was born. The book is his journey as a single father raising a little girl.

message 43: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 175 comments 산드라 ❤ wrote: "Oh I always do! And I post it all over facebook! hahaha.. ^^
It's just amazing sometimes how authors could make something beautiful out of words. :)"

Agree, I always wonder how they do it. Just like Colleen Hoover's books or The Edge of Never, those books have a lot of beautiful quotes I still read it once in a while :)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Lindsey wrote: "산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

"She always ..."

It sounds like something I would want to read. :)
I'll put them on my to-read list.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "산드라 ❤ wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

[bookcover:Notes Left Behind|65568..."

they are both pretty good. sad but good.

message 46: by Billie (new)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 29 comments “It’s the favorite part of my day.”
My eyes opened lazily. “What do you mean?” I whispered.
“When you undo them and run your hands throughout the waves. That’s my favorite part of the day.” From Vain by Fisher Amelie

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Rachmi wrote: " 산드라 ❤ wrote: "Oh I always do! And I post it all over facebook! hahaha.. ^^
It's just amazing sometimes how authors could make something beautiful out of words. :)"

Agree, I always wonder how they..."

Yeah Edge of Never is definitely one of them. The fault in our stars too for me. ^^ I wish someday I'd be able to make my own. :p

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Mc wrote: "“I think my hair gel’s frozen.”
- Adrian Ivashkov

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead

GOD I LOVE ADRIAN"

I haven't met Adrian yet!! Geezz. I haven't read the series yet. :p

message 49: by Bettina (new)

Bettina "I like to think that nothing’s final..." -Peter Pan ( Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson )

message 50: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexstalteri) | 303 comments Sandee, have u read vampire academy?

« previous 1 3