Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Melodie's December 2012 Reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (last edited Dec 31, 2012 08:28PM) (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Only 10 books this month, but I had so much going on at work I'm lucky I did any reading at all!

Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14) by Jim Butcher Cold Days by Jim Butcher: Harry Dresden #14 and a long time between reads this time out! I liked this one, but not as much as some others. Very interested to see what happens next. Grade: 8

Deadly Patterns by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez Deadly Patterns by Melissa Bourbon: 3rd in Magical Dressmaking series and one that has quickly become a favorite of mine. A murder at Christmastime, just before a winter festival. A good story involving a story from the past about Bonnie & Clyde. Grade: 9

Death, Taxes, and a Sequined Clutch by Diane Kelly Death, Taxes, and a Sequined Clutch by Diane Kelly: a Kindle "novella" from another favorite series. This one involves identical twin brothers in trouble with the SEC. Grade: 7.5

Mistletoe, Merriment, and Murder by Sara Rosett Mistletoe, Merriment, and Murder by Sara Rosett: this one is from a series that has a professional organizer as the main character. Had never read any others in this series and won't bother with any more! Grade: 4

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick: the 4th and final book in the Hush, Hush saga. I wasn't crazy about the first book in the series (I picked it up because it had a beautiful cover!), but the 2nd and 3rd books were better. This was a good ending to the tale. Grade: 8

Ten Shades of Sexy by Shelly Thacker Ten Shades of Sexy by Shelly Thacker: another Kindle read that was a compilation of what I guess was supposed to be the best sex scenes from various books. If this was the best each book had to offer, they must have been some pretty boring reads! Grade: 4

If Mashed Potatoes Could Dance (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #2) by Paige Shelton If Mashed Potatoes Could Dance by Paige Shelton: 2nd in Southern Cooking School series and as much fun as the first one! I love the supernatural element in this series with the ghosts who also have a story of their own. Grade: 8.5

A Fatal Stain by Elise Hyatt A Fatal Stain by Elise Hyatt: 3rd in Daring Finds series, another that I hadn't read before and won't bother with again! Grade: 4

Drop Dead Chocolate (Donut Shop Mystery #7) by Jessica Beck Drop Dead Chocolate by Jessica Beck: 7th in Donut Shop series and back to the way the first one was. These are WAY too formulaic and the main character was back to her abrasive ways again. I have one more in this series in The Pile, but don't know if I'll bother with it. Grade: 3.5

In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler, #5) by Thomas E. Sniegoski In the House of the Wicked by Thomas E. Sniegoski: 5th in Remy Chandler series and a really good read! Remy is an angel who decided long ago to live among humans. I love this character and especially his dog and the way he interacts with animals. Grade: 8.5

I read 165 books this year, which is down 30 from the 195 I read last year. Since about May things have been nuts at work, so that cut into my reading a lot. I was so tired when I got home all I wanted to do was go to bed!

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14396 comments Still a very good count Melodie! Hoping you are able to find more quality reading time in 2013!

message 3: by Dan in AZ (last edited Jan 01, 2013 04:59AM) (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments Looking forward to a shot of Dresden. Good month, Mel.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments Great month...amazing you got 10 books in on such a busy month! Very impressive totals.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jan 01, 2013 10:03AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7886 comments Not bad for a busy work month, I'd say!

I love the title "If Mashed Potatoes Could Dance." If they could, my mouth would be in big trouble...

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments As always, lots of great books Melodie! I've read the first book by Sara Rosett but haven't been in a big rush to read the second book. Can't wait to read the Paige Shelton book since I just finished "If Fried Chicken Could Fly" and really liked it.