Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1) Gardens of the Moon discussion

Who are in the cover of GotM?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Minh Nguyen In one of the covers of GotM, there is a man on horseback, unsheathing his sword and a young woman leaning on the horse. Who are those people? I think it's Paran and Tattersail but I'm not sure.

I'm at 75% of the book so no spoiler please :)

Thomas I think your right with Paran, but think the woman is Lorn, Laseen's Adjunct. This is guessed by the fact that the book cover has a woman in armour and Tattersail is mainly a wizard/witch/magician or whatever they are called can't remember what they were called years since reading it.

Minh Nguyen Thomas wrote: "I think your right with Paran, but think the woman is Lorn, Laseen's Adjunct. This is guessed by the fact that the book cover has a woman in armour and Tattersail is mainly a wizard/witch/magician ..."
Right, thank you! How couldn't I think of that?!
Lorn is about the same age as Paran. At first I thought this is the "future" Tattersail, if you know what I mean.

Minh Nguyen Oh, she's a sorceress btw.

Shelley Actually I believe the female on the cover is Sorry not Lorn! :)

Minh Nguyen Shelley wrote: "Actually I believe the female on the cover is Sorry not Lorn! :)"

You could be right but Paran and Sorry hardly had any interaction, except for what happened in Pale. Wouldn't it be strange if they stand together?

message 7: by Shelley (last edited Jan 16, 2013 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelley Minh wrote: "Shelley wrote: "Actually I believe the female on the cover is Sorry not Lorn! :)"

You could be right but Paran and Sorry hardly had any interaction, except for what happened in Pale. Wouldn't it b..."

No, not really, artist do as they please with covers, and many don't even read the book they're making a cover for. Sorry's physical description matches the person on the cover better then Lorn's IMO.

Minh Nguyen Shelley wrote: "Minh wrote: "Shelley wrote: "Actually I believe the female on the cover is Sorry not Lorn! :)"

You could be right but Paran and Sorry hardly had any interaction, except for what happened in Pale. ..."

Hmm, I don't even remember their descriptions. I don't know, she could be either of them :)

Thomas See I thought of that as well but came to the thought that SOrry and Paran would at least need to be civil to each other, however I think you may be right with the whole artists not reading the books

Thomas Its when it comes to the other books I get stumped who the cover character could be.