Webcomic Wonderland discussion

FreakAngels, Volume 1
This topic is about FreakAngels, Volume 1
Webcomic Discussions > January-FreakAngels WARNING NSFW

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Jan 01, 2013 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen | 1179 comments Discuss FreakAngels here! WARNING: this webcomic is NSFW. Tell us what you think of the art, the writing or anything else that comes to mind.

You can find FreakAngels here.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 257 comments Just started this one. (at episode 0028)

Does Arkady remind anyone of Delirium of the Endless?

message 3: by Kayleigh (last edited Jan 02, 2013 08:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kayleigh | 195 comments Dawn wrote: "Just started this one. (at episode 0028)

Does Arkady remind anyone of Delirium of the Endless?"

Absolutely. I think that's part of the reason I like her so much--I'm not very far yet, and I'm interested to see how the other characters develop, but so far I think Arkady is my favorite. Her personality is such a great combination of whimsical and terrifying.

Been meaning to read FreakAngels for the last year and a half. I'm excited to finally get to it.

Laura Morrigan (lauramorrigan) | 55 comments Kayleigh wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Just started this one. (at episode 0028)

Does Arkady remind anyone of Delirium of the Endless?"

Absolutely. I think that's part of the reason I like her so much--I'm not very far ye..."

absolutely, I kept thinking of Del! Scrambled yet extremely powerful in the few times she is able to think clearly. And so sweetly innocent. They even have a similarly odd style of dress, although I think that Arkady's barbie jacket has to win for best odd fashion statement! It's actually really cool!

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 257 comments finished it. mind blown...

Madeleine Holly-Rosing (mhollyrosing) | 152 comments I just started it and I'm enjoying it. :) Can't wait to read the rest.

Kristen | 1179 comments I'm really glad to see that so many people are reading and enjoying FreakAngels! FreakAngels is one of my favorite webcomics and it's about time that it became a WotM.

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Kristen wrote: "I'm really glad to see that so many people are reading and enjoying FreakAngels! FreakAngels is one of my favorite webcomics and it's about time that it became a WotM."

Seconded on all counts. :) I started this in August not knowing what to expect and loved it so much I read it all in less than three days. Have the trades now and am looking forward to rereading.

Kayleigh wrote: "Her personality is such a great combination of whimsical and terrifying."

The cast is really strong in general, but you've perfectly summed up why Arkady is my favorite. I really liked Connor as well.

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Finished rereading Vol 1. The subtleties and personalities given just through character interactions is astounding. If possible I'm enjoying it even more this time through.

Vol 1 review.

jenny I'm reading this too. I just started last night and I would be a lot farther if my laptop wasn't in for repair. I really hate reading on the desk top. I ordered the whole series from the library, so hopefully they get here in a couple days. Until then, I'll be inching along. I love the multidimensional characters. I've been wanting to read this for a long time, so I'm glad it's a WotM.

Kayleigh | 195 comments So, I'm at episode 0061 and there's something that's bugging me. (view spoiler) Just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts or insights on the subject.

Kristen | 1179 comments To answer your question, Kayleigh: (view spoiler)

Kayleigh | 195 comments Ah, okay then. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Dawn (last edited Jan 11, 2013 07:57PM) (new)

Dawn | 257 comments I just had to share this:

I got my husband to read this and he enjoyed it (figured out a couple of the plot twists before I did, to be sure!) quite a bit.

Tonight, however, he woke up from a nap and informed me he had a really strange dream. The short version is that he was the captain of a smuggler/scavenger boat in the FreakAngels world and his crew was pretty much the entire cast of Big Bang Theory--

The mind boggles.

Penny was 1st mate (she had a surprising talent for sailing), Howard was engineer, Raj went all Cap'n Nemo, and Sheldon was knocked down to Howard's assistant. Mostly to keep him under some control, although later my DH "promoted" him to science officer and he then tracked and mapped the various fields fluctuating around Britain. Which, of course, he was good at.

Apparently there were some Sheldon attempts at mutiny early on, since he thinks he should be at the top of any command structure, but he does overall respect a good chain of command (and all y'all don't know my husband--I think he could control Sheldon if he had to).

FreakAngels does have a way of lingering in the mind, does it not?

Madeleine Holly-Rosing (mhollyrosing) | 152 comments That's pretty funny. :)