Webcomic Wonderland discussion

The Case of the Team Spirit (Bad Machinery, #1)
This topic is about The Case of the Team Spirit
Webcomic Discussions > January-Bad Machinery

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Jan 01, 2013 10:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen | 1179 comments Discuss Bad Machinery here! Tell us what you think of the art, the writing or anything else that comes to mind.

You can find Bad Machinery here.

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
I'm a bit over halfway through the first case and this has been a weird read for me so far. I feel like I should enjoy this a lot more than I do.

I like several of the main and supporting characters, I find the light-hearted school kids mystery concept interesting, and I find the humor mostly amusing. The art isn't amazing but isn't bad either. But something just isn't clicking. Can't really explain it - as I mentioned most of the pieces seem fine, but it's somehow coming together as less than the sum of it's parts for me.

I'll definitely finish the first case, but we'll see from there.

What were everyone else's first impressions?
Did that impression change (for better or worse) as you read on?

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Finished the first two cases. Second was slightly better, but my general feelings from above held.

Full review (fleshed out from above comments).

Kristen | 1179 comments I realized that it was almost the end of the month and I hadn't read this yet, so I just read chapter one. The pacing was a little slow, but I liked it. It's got a bit of a Scooby Doo vibe, but with British schoolkids. I liked the art: the caracter designs in particular. There's something about the faces that I rather liked.