Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Monthly Reading Challenges > 2013 January Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 242 (242 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Dec 31, 2012 06:47PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1020 comments Mod
Out with the old, in with the new!

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to another year of reading.

This month's challenge is all about the old and the new.

OLD
1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors.
2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading.
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home.
4. Read a book that was released before 2012.
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge. (One that you intended to read but never got around to)

NEW
6. Read a book from a new-to-you author.
7. Read the first of a new-to-you series.
8. Read a recently released book.
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf
10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you.

Happy reading!

message 3: by Tina (last edited Jan 31, 2013 11:51AM) (new)

Tina Pegar (rainingdaisy) | 149 comments 6/10 Finished

OLD
Chill Factor by Rachel Caine
Finished 1/6/2013
Blood Moon Harvest by SM Reine
Finished 1/2/2013
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home.
Personal Demon by Kelly Armstrong
Finished Jan 14
Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
Finisher Jan 28th.
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge. (One that you intended to read but never got around to)
Coexist by Julia Crane

NEW
Stirring Up Trouble by Juli Alexander
UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairytale) by Chanda Hahn
Finished 1/31
8. Read a recently released book
Ever After by Kim Harrison Currently Reading
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf
Dire Blood by S.M. Reine
Finished 1/19

message 4: by Dee (last edited Jan 08, 2013 07:54AM) (new)

Dee (phonebooklady) I'm in
Will post as I go
5/10 finished

OLD

1. Accidental Genie 01/02
2. Heart of Atlantis 01/05
4. Iron Kissed 01/08
5. Trapped 01/06

NEW

7. Blood Bound

The Accidental Genie (Accidentally Friends, #7) by Dakota Cassidy Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8) by Alyssa Day Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5) by Kevin Hearne Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Unbound, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (claney) | 4 comments I'm in and will also post as I go.

message 6: by Jenny (last edited Jan 31, 2013 08:38PM) (new)

Jenny | 114 comments I'll give it a shot!

7 / 10
OLD
✓ 1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors. A Perfect Blood 1/19/13
✓ 2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading. Magic Bleeds 1/31/13
✓ 4. Read a book that was released before 2012. Magic Strikes 1/2/13
A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews
NEW
✓ 6. Read a book from a new-to-you author. The Unidentified Redhead 1/20/13
✓ 7. Read the first of a new-to-you series. Full Moon Rising 1/11/13
✓ 8. Read a recently released book. Release Me 1/29/13
✓ 10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you. Reflected in You 1/3/13
The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1) by J. Kenner Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day

message 7: by Valarie (new)

Valarie | 5 comments I'm in!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather (heathermb) | 41 comments 0/10

OLD

NEW

message 9: by Delaney (last edited Jan 13, 2013 10:05PM) (new)

Delaney  Burton (delaneyakafrog) | 347 comments Old and The New
0/10

OLD
1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors.Dark Needs at Night's Edge
2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading. The Darkest Kiss
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home.Succubus Blues
4. Read a book that was released before 2012.Aaibhe-Shee Queen
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge. (One that you intended to read but never got around to) Magic Burns

NEW
6. Read a book from a new-to-you author. Once a Witch
7. Read the first of a new-to-you series. Dark Prince
8. Read a recently released book. Banished
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf The Dark Highlander
10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you. One Foot in the Grave
TO READ
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend Novella) by Claudy Conn Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Christine Feehan Banished by Tamara Gill The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

message 10: by Drea (last edited Jan 01, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

Drea Out with the old, in with the new!
Happy New Year everyone!!
0/10

OLD
Dark Taste of Rapture
Shadow Touch
When Sparks Fly
Solar Flare
When Blood Calls

NEW
Children of Sun and Moon
Feather Down
Exiled
Primal Quest
Blood of the Wicked

Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6) by Gena Showalter Shadow Touch (Dirk & Steele, #2) by Marjorie M. Liu When Sparks Fly (Spark, #2) by Autumn Dawn Solar Flare (Spark Series, #3) by Autumn Dawn When Blood Calls (The Shadow Keepers, #1) by J.K. Beck Children of Sun and Moon (Skyfall, #1) by Matt Larkin Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, #1) by Lorie O'Clare Exiled (Brides of the Kindred, #7) by Evangeline Anderson Primal Quest (Primal Attraction, #1) by Rebecca Airies Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1) by Karina Cooper

message 11: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jan 03, 2013 04:28AM) (new)

Barbara ★ I think I can do this one.
ETA: Well I can do 8 of them. Can't fit the last two in this month.

READ: 0/8

OLD
1. Favorite Author: - Hot Ice - Nora Roberts
2. Series Book #3: - Sins of the Flesh - Eve Silver
3. Old Book: -Demon from the Dark - Kresley Cole (on TBR 9/2010)
4. Released 2007: - The Siren Song - Anne Ursu
5. leftover' book: - The Calling - Kelley Armstrong
Hot Ice by Nora Roberts Sins of the Flesh (Otherkin, #3) by Eve Silver Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2) by Anne Ursu The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

NEW
6. new-to-you author: Highlander's Challenge - Jo Barrett
7. new-to-you series: - Leviathan - Scott Westerfield
8. recently released: - Poison Princess - Kresley Cole (10/2012)
9. SKIP
10. SKIP
Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1) by Jo Barrett Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 15 comments I'm going to try this challenge out

message 13: by Maria (last edited Jan 31, 2013 05:43AM) (new)

Maria (maria_nanci) I'm in, too! :)

Old and New Challenge
January 1-31, 2013

Read: 8/10

OLD
1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors - The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward
2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading - Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home - Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiwan
4. Read a book that was released before 2012 - The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge - Tall, Dark & Hungry by Lynsay Sands

NEW
6. Read a book from a new-to-you author - Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
7. Read a book from a new-to-you series - Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber
8. Read a recently released book - Two Graves by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your TBR shelf - Bones Are Forever by Kathy Reichs
10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you - Bared to You by Sylvia Day

The Black Dagger Brotherhood An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #20) by Laurell K. Hamilton Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau, #4) by Lynsay Sands Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber Two Graves (Pendergast, #12) by Douglas Preston Bones Are Forever (Temperance Brennan, #15) by Kathy Reichs Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day

message 14: by Desiree M ~*~*~ (new)

Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect (livereadcollect) | 119 comments I'm in. I'll post my filled in list later on.

PNR/UF - January Reading Challenge 2013
Out With the Old, in With the New!
Duration: January 1-31 2013

Completed: 0/10

OLD

NEW

message 15: by Scarlet (last edited Jan 03, 2013 12:31AM) (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments I'm in! Not sure if I plan to do all 10 or not.
Read: 1/10 or 1/5

OLD
Desire Unchained by Larissa Ione
One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home. Awakening by Karice Bolton
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers
read 1/2
Haven't done a book challenge before. Guess I have to skip this one.

NEW
Darkness Dawns by Dianna Duvall
Dark Craving by Donna Grant
Haven't decided on a book for this one yet.
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf.
Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione
The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole

message 16: by Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology (last edited Jan 10, 2013 07:01AM) (new)

Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology (belverder) | 25 comments I'm in.

5 / 10 Completed

OLD
1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors: Retribution
2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading: No Mercy
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home: Croc And The Fox Read 2nd January 2013
4. Read a book that was released before 2012: Three Wishes
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge. (One that you intended to read but never got around to): The Stone Crow Read 4th January 2013

Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #16; Were-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #15; Were-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Croc And The Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3) by Eve Langlais Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley The Stone Crow by Lori Green

NEW
6. Read a book from a new-to-you author: Atlantis Rising Read 10th January 2013
7. Read the first of a new-to-you series: Called by Blood Read 6th January 2013
8. Read a recently released book: Tiny Dancer
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf: Seaborne Read 3rd January 2013
10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you: The Reluctant Dom

Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) by Alyssa Day Called by Blood (The Faustin Bros., #1) by Evie Byrne Tiny Dancer (Divine Creek Ranch #13) by Heather Rainier Seaborne (Seaborne #1) by Katherine Irons The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton

message 17: by Shuling (last edited Jan 31, 2013 02:26AM) (new)

Shuling I'm in too. (: Not sure whether can actually succeed or not cause this month is quite busy but will give it my best.

No time anymore. :( Although I did manage to finish 7. Well past my expectation. :D

7/10

OLD
Here Kitty, Kitty! Read 16/1
Storm's Heart
Twice Bitten
Chime Read 20/1
Haven't done a book challenge before, but I guess this will have to do. Angelfall Read 13/1

Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3) by Shelly Laurenston Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) by Thea Harrison Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Chime by Franny Billingsley Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

NEW
Feral Sins Read 27/1
First Grave on the Right Read 13/1
Confessions of a Murder Suspect Read 7/1
On the Prowl Read 23/1
The Fault in Our Starsv

Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson On the Prowl (The Others, #6) by Christine Warren The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 18: by Eeek (last edited Jan 30, 2013 12:47AM) (new)

Eeek | 46 comments I'm in. Will fill in as I go
9/10 DONE

OLD
1. Favorite Author: Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones -- Read 1/4
2. Series I Read: Foretold by Jana Oliver -- Read 1/12
3. Old TBR: Harry Potter: The Prequel by J.K. Rowling -- Read 1/4
4. Released Before 2012: Firespell by Chloe Neill
5. Leftover From Previous Challenge: Undead and Unappreciated by MaryJanice Davidson -- Read 1/8

NEW
6. New Author: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter -- Read 1/27
7. New Series: My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent -- Read 1/20
8. Recent Release: Dark Star by Bethany Frenette -- Read 1/18
9. Latest TBR Added: Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie -- Read 1/29
10. Popular: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones -- Read 1/6
Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4) by Jana Oliver Harry Potter The Prequel (Harry Potter, #.5) by J.K. Rowling Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5) by Rachel Vincent Dark Star (Dark Star, #1) by Bethany Frenette Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) | 1718 comments 0/10

OLD
Hungry for You
Broken
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf.
Interview with the Vampire
Bonds of Justice
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge.
Red Hot Fury

Hungry for You (Argeneau, #14) by Lynsay Sands Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Red Hot Fury (Shades of Fury, #1) by Kasey MacKenzie

NEW
The Demon in Me
Dark Prince
Iced
Born of Shadows
Spider's Bite

The Demon in Me (Living in Eden, #1) by Michelle Rowen Dark Prince (Dark, #1) by Christine Feehan Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Born of Shadows (The League, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

READ

Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology (belverder) | 25 comments Shuling wrote: "I'm in too. (: Not sure whether can actually succeed or not cause this month is quite busy but will give it my .."

Oooooo I've had Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee on my TBR for awhile. Look forward to knowing what you think...

message 21: by harlequin {Stephanie} (last edited Jan 24, 2013 02:42PM) (new)

harlequin {Stephanie} | 27 comments Sign me up!

10/10 All done!

OLD
➊. Read a book from one of your favorite authors.
The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny
➋. Read a book from a series you are currently reading.
KOP Killer
➌. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home.
Heart of Veridon
➍. Read a book that was released before 2012.
Perchance to Dream
➎. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge.
Bitter Angels

NEW
➏. Read a book from a new-to-you author.
The Silver Skull
➐. Read the first of a new-to-you series.
Thirteen Orphans
➑. Read a recently released book.
Falling Kingdoms
➒. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf
Crank
➓. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you.
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny (Nightside, #10) by Simon R. Green KOP Killer (Juno Mozambe Mystery, #3) by Warren Hammond Heart of Veridon (The Burn Cycle, #1) by Tim Akers Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2) by Lisa Mantchev Bitter Angels by C.L. Anderson The Silver Skull (Swords of Albion, #1) by Mark Chadbourn Thirteen Orphans (Breaking the Wall, #1) by Jane Lindskold Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes Crank (Crank, #1) by Ellen Hopkins The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley

message 22: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Jan 31, 2013 06:06AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) Out with the old, in with the new!

OLD
3. Dusty book --- Better Part of Darkness --- Kelly Gay
4. Before 2012 --- Anna Dressed in Blood --- Kendare Blake
5. 'Leftover' --- Stormwalker --- Allyson James

NEW
6. New-to-you author --- Jennifer Lynn Barnes --- Raised by Wolves
7. New-to-you series --- Already Dead --- Charlie Huston
8. Recently released --- How Beauty saved the beast --- Jax Garren
9. Latest purchase --- Unearthly --- Cynthia Hand
10. Recommended --- Angels' Blood --- Nalini Singh

8/8
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake Already Dead (Joe Pitt, #1) by Charlie Huston Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) by Allyson James Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand The Better Part of Darkness (Charlie Madigan, #1) by Kelly Gay How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2) by Jax Garren

message 23: by Raine (new)

Raine | 65 comments I'm going to try. I'll post as I go.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 371 comments I'm in, books to follow :)

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) In, list to follow

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Bair-Epps | 725 comments I'm in.

OLD
2. Series:
5. Leftover: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

NEW

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones

message 27: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 27, 2013 03:21PM) (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I'm in. Will post my list as I go!

OLD
3. City of Fallen Angels Cassandra Clare read 1-24-13 *has been on my TBR shelf since 2010
4. I Shot You Babe Leslie Langtry read 1-21-13
5. Gideon Jacquelyn Frank read 1-19-13

NEW
6. First Date Krista McGee read 1-3-12
7. The Truth About Lord Stoneville Sabrina Jeffries read 1-1-13
8. Hidden PC Cast read 1-27-13

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 386 comments PNR & UF - January 2013 - Out with the old, in with the new!

0/10

OLD

NEW
7) Read the first of a new-to-you series - Touch the Dark - Karen Chance

message 29: by Jen (last edited Jan 07, 2013 09:29PM) (new)

Jen (jdaizzy) | 35 comments I'm in!

2/10

OLD
Kiss of the Highlander
Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet
Blood Law
Kiss of Midnight
Spider's Bite

Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones Blood Law (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #1) by Karin Tabke Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

NEW
City of Bones
Death's Hand
Iced
The Darkest Gate
Catching Fire
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Death's Hand (Descent, #1) by S.M. Reine Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The Darkest Gate (Descent, #2) by S.M. Reine Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

message 30: by Cindy (last edited Feb 02, 2013 01:01PM) (new)

Cindy | 111 comments Out with the Old & In with the New Challenge

Completed 9/10

OLD
1. Chasin' Eight - Lorelei James 1/9
2. Lonestar Secrets - Colleen Coble 1/3
3. Flutter - Amanda Hocking 1/13
4. 1984 - George Orwell 1/21
5. Safe Haven - Nicholas Sparks 1/16

Chasin' Eight (Rough Riders, #11) by Lorelei James Lonestar Secrets (Lonestar Series, #2) by Colleen Coble Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3) by Amanda Hocking 1984 by George Orwell Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

NEW
6. Ravishing in Red - Madeline Hunter 1/7
7. Marked - Elisabeth Naughton 1/7
8. Weekend Lover - Melissa Blue 1/20
9. Before the Moon Rises - Catherine Bybee 1/13
10. One that is considered popular or is recommended

Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1) by Madeline Hunter Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Weekend Lover (Down With Cupid Shorts) by Melissa Blue Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1) by Catherine Bybee

message 31: by Sheri (last edited Jan 25, 2013 02:58PM) (new)

Sheri | 0 comments Im in!
9/10 read

OLD
1. Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
2. Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
3. The Surrogate by Leonard Foglia
4. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
5. Easy by Tammara Webber
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day The Surrogate, the Sudarium Trilogy - Book One by Leonard Foglia 11/22/63 by Stephen King Easy by Tammara Webber

NEW
6. The Athena Effect by Derrolyn Anderson
7. Poison Study by Maria Snyder
8. Starkiller by Eric Edstrom
9. Art of Domination by Ella Dominguez
10. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

The Athena Effect (The Athena Effect, #1) by Derrolyn Anderson Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Starkiller (The Undermountain Saga, #3) by Eric Edstrom The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2) by Ella Dominguez Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry

message 32: by Felicia (Ferishia) (last edited Jan 01, 2013 12:47PM) (new)

Felicia (Ferishia) (ferishia) | 539 comments 0/10

OLD

1. Favorite Author: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
2. Current Series: Rajmund by D.B. Reynolds
3. Book on TBR Shelf: The Stone Prince by Gena Showalter
4. Before 2012: Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione
5. Leftover: Wild Card by Moira Rogers

NEW

6. New-to-me: The Wolf's Sister by R.F. Long
7. New-to-me series: Enslaved In Shadows by Tigris Eden
8. Recently released: How to Drive a Dragon Crazy by G.A. Aiken
9. Recently purchased: Wolf Hills by Bianca D'Arc
10. Popular: One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini Singh Rajmund (Vampires in America #3) by D.B. Reynolds The Stone Prince  by Gena Showalter Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1) by Moira Rogers The Wolf's Sister (a Tale of the Holtlands, #1) by R.F. Long Enslaved In Shadows by Tigris Eden How to Drive a Dragon Crazy (The Dragon Kin, #6) by G.A. Aiken Wolf Hills (Brotherhood of Blood #6) by Bianca D'Arc One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

PrinzessBookDragon ok, i'll try this but i'm not sure i'll make through all ten. lol i'm a little intimidated.

0/10 read

OLD

NEW

message 34: by Shannon (last edited Jan 31, 2013 02:47AM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 330 comments Totally in and will post now but this list is subject to change.

Progress: 7/10

OLD

1. A Favorite Author:
Seanan McGuire = A Fantasy Medley 2 by Tanya Huff, Amanda Downum,Jasper Kent, and Seanan McGuire --Read 01/21
2. A Series Currently Reading:
Sisters of the Otherworld = Bone Magic by Yasmine Galenorn --Read 01/10
3. An "Old" Book in TBR Shelf:
Noah by Jacquelyn Frank
4. Released Before 2012:
Published: October 2010 = Harvest Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn --Read 01/21
5. A 'Leftover' Book From a Previous Challenge:
December 2012 Challenge = Brawn by Laurann Dohner --Read 01/06

A Fantasy Medley 2 by Yanni Kuznia Bone Magic (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #7) by Yasmine Galenorn Noah (Nightwalkers, #5) by Jacquelyn Frank Harvest Hunting (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #8) by Yasmine Galenorn Brawn (New Species, #5) by Laurann Dohner

NEW

6. New-To-Me Author:
Carrie Vaughn = Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn --Read 01/27
7. First Book in New-To-Me Series:
Demonica Series = Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
8. Recently Released:
Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter
9. Latest Book Purchased:
Shadow by Laurann Dohner --Read 01/08
10. Highly Recommended To Me:
Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn --Read 01/31

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter Shadow (New Species, #9) by Laurann Dohner Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) by Carrie Vaughn

message 35: by Sandy (last edited Jan 19, 2013 01:35AM) (new)

Sandy | 449 comments 10/10

OLD
In The Forests of Serre by Patricia A McKillip 1/14
Damsel Under Stress by Shanna Swendson 1/3
Books Can Be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay 1/19
Don't Hex with Texas by Shanna Swendson 1/8
Mind Over Murder by Allison Kingsley 1/17

NEW
Released by Amber Polo 1/15
A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson 1/10
Wild About You by Kerrelyn Sparks 1/2
Harry Potter: Film Wizardry by Brian Sibley 1/5
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh 1/11

message 36: by Angie (new)

Angie OLD
1. Rock Hard - Olivia Cunning
2. The Mane Squeeze - Shelly Laurenston
3. Red - Jordan Summers
4. The Mane Attraction - Shelly Laurenston
5. An Unwanted Hunger - Ciana Stone
NEW
6. Her Wolf - Rebecca Royce
7. Hunted - Amelia Elias
8. Rogue Rider - Larissa Ione
9. Taken By The South Wind - Anna Hackett
10. Long Hard Ride - Lorelei James
Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2) by Olivia Cunning The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston Red (Dead World, #1) by Jordan Summers The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3) by Shelly Laurenston An Unwanted Hunger by Ciana Stone Her Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #1) by Rebecca Royce Hunted (Guardians' League, #1) by Amelia Elias Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #4) by Larissa Ione Taken by the South Wind (WindKeepers #2) by Anna Hackett Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) by Lorelei James

message 37: by Julie (last edited Jan 29, 2013 06:01PM) (new)

Julie | 188 comments I'm in!

8/10 completed

OLD
2.Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones Read a book from a series you are currently reading.
4.Cooper's Fall by Lora Leigh Read a book that was released before 2012.
5.Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge. (One that you intended to read but never got around to)

NEW
6.Hounded by Kevin Hearne Read a book from a new-to-you author.
7.First Grave on the Rightby Darynda Jones Read the first of a new-to-you series.
8.Under the Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis Read a recently released book.
9.Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jpnes Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf
10.Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you.
Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Cooper's Fall by Lora Leigh Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5) by Jill Shalvis Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones

message 38: by AndaM (new)

AndaM | 111 comments Monthly Reading Challenges > 2013 January Monthly Challenge
0/10

OLD

NEW

message 39: by Hayleigh (last edited Jan 27, 2013 02:56PM) (new)

Hayleigh | 3 comments ALL DONE
10/10

OLD
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 04/01/2013
2. Hidden by P.C Cast 15/01/2013
3. Crossed by Ally Condie 18/01/2013
4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 08/01/2012
5. Fallen by Lauren Kate 14/01/2013

NEW
6. Hades by Alexandra Adornetto 06/01/2013
7. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto 06/01/2013
8. Incendiary by Amy A Bartol 01/01/2013
9. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead 10/01/2013
10. Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto 17/01/2013

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Hades (Halo, #2) by Alexandra Adornetto Incendiary (The Premonition, #4) by Amy A. Bartol Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead Heaven (Halo, #3) by Alexandra Adornetto

message 40: by Belkis (last edited Jan 27, 2013 05:00PM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 861 comments I'm in! Will post as I go :)

7/10 Read

OLD
1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi Done 1/19
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home. Raphael by D.B. Reynolds Done 1/21
4. Read a book that was released before 2012. Soulless by Gail Carriger Done 1/27
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge. (One that you intended to read but never got around to) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

NEW
6. Read a book from a new-to-you author. The Proposition by Katie Ashley Done 1/5
7. Read the first of a new-to-you series. This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
8. Read a recently released book. Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons Done 1/7
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest Done 1/15
10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you. Dominion by S.E. Lund Done 1/10

The Proposition (The Proposition, #1) by Katie Ashley Running On Empty (Mending Hearts #1) by L.B. Simmons Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

message 41: by *Ash* (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 73 comments OLD

NEW

message 42: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Out With the Old, In With the New Challenge

1. Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole
2. Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole
3. Killer by Sara Shepard
4. Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
5. Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian
6. Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
7. Smoke and Shadows by Tanya Huff
8. Kiss of Pride by Sandra Hill
9. Kiss of Surrender by Sandra Hill
10. Iced by Karen Marie Moning

message 43: by Susan (new)

Susan | 196 comments Count me in.

message 44: by Jensine (last edited Dec 15, 2013 12:19PM) (new)

Jensine (jj1982) | 4 comments Monthly Reading Challenges > 2013 January Monthly Challenge
[image error]

(for my reference, these have been shelved).
January 2013
OLD 3/5
One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost 1-12-13 **** Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2) by Nina Bangs Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) by Moira Rogers ***yowza 1-4-13 Tall, Dark & Dead (Garnet Lacey, #1) by Tate Hallaway 1-16-13

NEW 1/5

The Royal Treatment (Alaskan Royal Family, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands 1-31-13 **** Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Sleeping with the Entity (Entity, #1) by Cat Devon

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to another year of reading.

OLD

NEW

Happy reading!

message 45: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) I'm in and will post as I go

January 1st - 31st, 2013
Read : 0/10

OLD :

NEW :

message 46: by Patty (last edited Jan 28, 2013 07:40PM) (new)

Patty (catnaping) I'm in

OLD
1. Everafter Kim Harrison
2. Night Seeker Yasmine Galenorn
3. Flip this Zombie Jesse Petersen
4. Eat Slay Love Jesse Petersen
5. Taken at Dusk C.C Hunter

NEW
6. Beautiful Creatures Kami Garcia
7. Last Kiss Goodnight Gena Showalter
8. Black Fallen Elle Jasper
9. Gates of Rapture Caris Roane
10. Bonded by Blood Laurie London

Ever After (The Hollows, #11) by Kim Harrison Night Seeker (Indigo Court, #3) by Yasmine Galenorn Flip This Zombie (Living with the Dead, #2) by Jesse Petersen Eat Slay Love (Living With the Dead, #3) by Jesse Petersen Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3) by C.C. Hunter Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, # 1) by Kami Garcia Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter Black Fallen (Dark Ink Chronicles #4) by Elle Jasper Gates of Rapture (Guardians of Ascension, #6) by Caris Roane Bonded by Blood (Sweetblood, #1) by Laurie London

message 47: by Angi (new)

Angi (AngiR) I'm in but will have to post as I go...

message 48: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 1 comments I would like to give it a try

message 49: by Amyiw (last edited Jan 28, 2013 11:38PM) (new)

Amyiw | 20 comments 10 of 10 finished
Wow, 10 or nothing. I'm in.
OLD
1. Favorite Authors -Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh
2. Series currently reading -Wanted Undead or Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks
3. Collecting dust -Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson
4. Released before 2012 -Hammered by Kevin Hearne
5. Left over - Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison
NEW
1. New author - Kerrigan Byrne
2. New series - Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
3. Recently released - Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter
4. Latest Added - On The Edge by Nalini Singh Storm's Heart, Einstein's Dream, Touched by an Alien, or Souless, depending how you look at it.
5. Highly recommended Hexed by Kevin Hearne

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh Wanted Undead or Alive (Love at Stake, #12) by Kerrelyn Sparks Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Unleashed The Highland Historical Trilogy by Kerrigan Byrne Darkfever (Fever #1) by Karen Marie Moning Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) by Kevin Hearne On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Another Kind of Dead (Dreg City, #3) by Kelly Meding On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5) by Nalini Singh Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) by Thea Harrison

message 50: by Suzanne (last edited Jan 31, 2013 07:21AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 61 comments Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy
2013 January Monthly Challenge
Duration:
1/1/2013 - 1/31/2013

Progress: 10 out of 10

OLD
1. Read a book from one of your favorite authors:
Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas - ***** - 1/18/2013
2. Read a book from a series you are currently reading:
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James - *** - 1/3/2013
3. Read an "old" book in your TBR shelf or one collecting dust in your actual bookshelf/ves at home:
Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn - ***** - 1/10/2013
4. Read a book that was released before 2012: First published October 31st 2011
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella - ***** - 1/6/2013
5. Read a 'leftover' book from a previous challenge (One that you intended to read but never got around to):
Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James - ** - 1/16/2013

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

NEW
6. Read a book from a new-to-you author:

Undone by Rachel Caine - ***** - 1/8/2013
7. Read the first of a new-to-you series:
The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole - ***** - 1/8/2013
8. Read a recently released book:
Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews - ***** - 1/31/2013
9. Read the latest book you purchased or the latest book you added to your GR to-be-read shelf:
The Call of the Wild by Jack London - ***** - 1/23/2013
10. Read a book that is considered popular or is highly recommended to you:
Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris - ***** - 1/22/2013

Undone (Outcast Season, #1) by Rachel Caine The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris The Call of the Wild by Jack London Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews

« previous 1 3 4 5