Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Beautiful Creatures
Beautiful Creatures Discussions > Beautiful Creatures movie & ticket giveaway

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (last edited Jan 22, 2013 03:17PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Are you looking forward to the movie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9rjhB...

I was contacted by the Denver, CO theater to let people know that they can sign up for tickets for the pre-screening of the movie on 2/6/2013!! Here is the link:

https://www.gofobo.com/rsvp/promotion...

If you live in the area sign up and let me know if you can go! I would recommend others who live elsewhere to sign up also and see if there is a screening in their area. It is free. They would like you to do a review but to wait till after the movie is released on Feb 13th.

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Now that I've finished the book, I think I'll give it a pass.

Deni (deni_gz) | 6 comments I'm excited, Ridley appears to be the best developed character in both the book and the clips from the movie. Emmy Rossum does a great job.

Rebecca | 20 comments I can't wait for the movie to come out, but unfortunately, given book to movie track records, I am worried the story will be butchered. I do hope they stick close to the storyline. I'm especially eager to see how they portray my two favorite characters, Ridley and Amma.

Annabell (writingfien) | 10 comments At first, I was a little standioffish toward watching the movie since the actor that was cast for Ethan did not fit how I imagined him. But after attending the Beautiful Creatures Panel at the 2012 Miami Fair International, I really cozied up to him black the role and I really like the Emmy Rossum as an actress!

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Jan 04, 2013 07:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole | 1 comments So huge props to the movie trailer for bringing this book to my attention. I read it and loved it, but the book stresses that Lena has GREEN eyes how could they possibly not put green contacts or something on the actress. No black hair on either Lena or Saraphin hello another important detail. Also in the behind the scenes the actor who plays Macon says he is a caster are they not staying true to the book at all?

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 47 comments I'll be seeing it but I'm always nervous about books to movies, especially longer books, because they always change things around. But I am glad I finished the book before reading EW's 35 movies we can't wait to see because they spoiled a pretty important plot twist.

Betsy I watched the trailer and it looks amazing but Ethan and Lena look way to old.

Montserrat Garcia Angie wrote: "Are you looking forward to the movie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9rjhB..."

Can't wait! The trailer looks amazing

message 10: by Shelley (last edited Jan 06, 2013 11:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelley I'm a massive fan of the books. When I heard about the movie, I was squealing like a fan girl... but then I saw the cast. I love Jeremy Irons as Macon, but I don't think I like Lena and Ethan at all. I'm still seeing it, though, even though I know it won't be as good. Fingers crossed, though.

Samantha (samantharandolph) I saw the trailer, and it looks like this may be a hit or miss movie. I'm not familiar with most of the actors, but I think it's still worth a try.

Sandra (sandraselvasv) | 47 comments I'm really excited about this movie, I have a good feeling about it, and I think the two main actors Alice and Alden are really appropriate for the roles and great actors... Can't wait to watch it.

Priscila | 4 comments I loved the trailer so much that I looked for the book (and I'm glad I didt)

Like most people on the thread, I'm also concerned that the producers will change a lot of the book's story in order to make it into a movie. Guess I'll have to wait & see

*Layali* (layalireads) | 94 comments I'm really looking forward to the movie. The trailer made it look awesome, and I can't wait to see Ridley on the big screen! :P

Candice Willman I think the movie trailer looks awesome. But like all books turned into movies I think they are going to ruin it. But I will still be there opening day to see it.

message 16: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Looked to me like the trailer makes it seem like Saraphin was going to be in a lot of the movie.. and in the book she is only in the last few chapters (physically) so I wonder if that character will play a bigger part now.

Elena (elenaselge) I'm definitely gonna watch the movie, even though I didn't really like the book. But I agree with the couple of previous answers about Ridley. Emmy Rossum is amazing.

message 18: by Adelma (last edited Jan 18, 2013 05:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adelma (delms) I will watch the movie, but I just don't understand why they didn't include Aunt Marian at all.... How will the rest of the series work out without her??

Stephanie Ashworth (stephash24) I loved the book! I'm so excited for the movie!! I fangirl every time the trailer comes on!!

TheBookAddictedGirl | 6 comments Cannot WAIT to see it!!
You should all check out the PenguinChats blog (http://thepenguinblog.typepad.com/the...) - there's gonna be a chance to chat with Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl on Twitter! :D

message 21: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim (kadykayf) Angie wrote: "Looked to me like the trailer makes it seem like Saraphin was going to be in a lot of the movie.. and in the book she is only in the last few chapters (physically) so I wonder if that character wil..."

I thought the exact same thing. I'm guessing they expanded her role due to who is playing her.

Ashley Reading Stewardess | 9 comments I'm excited for the movie. Had I not seen the eye shadow color palette in my ULTA magazine, which immediately peeked my interest to watch the trailer and in turn resulted in my learning it was a book and that this group was going to read it, I would've continued to be left in the dark about this series.

Although I'm sure the movie isn't going to follow the book all the way through, I'm still intrigued to see how they developed it for the big screen. Plus I love Jeremy Irons, Viola Davis, Emmy Rossum, and Emma Thompson and am looking forward to seeing them act together.

message 23: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I was contacted by the Denver, CO theater to let people know that they can sign up for tickets for the pre-screening of the movie on 2/6/2013!! Here is the link:

https://www.gofobo.com/rsvp/promotion...

I would recommend others who live elsewhere to sign up also and see if there is a screening in their area. It is free!!

message 24: by Vivian (new) - added it

Vivian Book madness (vivian25001) | 2 comments I can't wait for the movie

message 25: by Dione (new) - added it

Dione Sage | 1 comments Can't wait to see this movie! It looks amazing!

Candice Willman The movie does look amazing but oddly I have to say when I pictured Macon in my head while reason the book I seen more of a Lucious Malfoy then how they portrayed him. I love the actor playing him but I don't think he suits him especially for an incubus