Legend of the Willow RP and Discussion discussion

Discussion > Your meaning of the Poem

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait Sith (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:51PM) (new)

Cait Sith Fairy (willowkeeper) | 60 comments Mod
A willow stands tall and alone
Upon a hill hiding the bone
The Keeper protects the secret here
He knows who and what you fear
He will find you, if he wants
Something from you, that's why it hunts.
Without the willow he will die
But the willow stands till the end is nigh.

No one knows where it stands
Except for a couple, of small bands
They live near the hill of dread
Guarding people from the dead.

The Keeper kills them one by one
Until the deed is all done
And the sun shall fall to moon
All are gone before high noon.

No one left, but the kings
And the evil the keeper brings.

This will happen in while
Once the hill, has moved a mile.

So do not fear, you are safe
But you should practice to strafe

What do YOU think it means?

message 2: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Somebody dies, the end. Just kidding. I can't remember it every time I switch pages so hahahaha...

message 3: by Cait Sith (new)

There you go

message 4: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) O.O

message 5: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) It sounds like a Tumblr user searching for more followers. Either that or a seriously obsessed fan girl.

message 6: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) HAPPY NEW YEAR! I have had to much arizona iced tea.

message 7: by Cait Sith (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:59PM) (new)

Wren wrote: "It sounds like a Tumblr user searching for more followers. Either that or a seriously obsessed fan girl."

actually it's one of the oldest prophecies of my people.

message 8: by Cait Sith (new)

Wren wrote: "HAPPY NEW YEAR! I have had to much arizona iced tea."

I still have an hour.

message 9: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Well I do to, But I'm skyping people in California, so... It's already new year for me.

message 10: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 2 comments Trying to match this prophecy with event of History isn't as hard as I thouhgt....As time repeats itself Prophecies are foretellings of the future in which the past returns. I feel deeply indelved and intrigued by this prophecy of your people. I must wonder now exactly of what tribe do you hail from?

Also my interpritation of this is probably really off or really weird, but since it is a prophecy not even yourself may no the truth of its meaning until it's events have already been passed.

So lets break it down then shall we.
One may be egnorant and say that it is exactly as it is. A willow holding secrets stating that an ancient buriel ground rest their or the doors of hell. And it talks about some guy who keeps killing people who find out about it and so on and so forth...your basic scary movie plotline...

But....
"A willow stands tall and alone
Upon a hill hiding the bone"

Willows have long been symbols of death, but also a symbol of spiritual rebirth among many tribes such as my own.

When a Willow stands tall and alone it proves that in depth someone will receive a great spiritual awakening. If it is hiding the bone of ancewstors that proves my point even more so.

"The Keeper protects the secret here
He knows who and what you fear"
This can be referring to a dark man/ satan/ devil/ demons. It is said among many tribes that only the great spirits know our fears and can free us from them. But also another being knows our fears only to provoke them. That being is the dark man...the devil.

However this could be a revelation tot eh end of time.
So the keeper/ Great Spirit stating he knows what you fear he knows very much and is wise.

"He will find you, if he wants
Something from you, that's why it hunts."

So if it were referring to the great spirits who guide us and know our fears. If they guide us of course they can find us.

But the part stating something from you that's why it hunts....sounds to be a mis-interpretation of the language. if it is an it and no long the keeper then it is two different beings going hand in hand here...the devil wants something like your soul and therefore demons will hunt us.

((FYI I am sitting with my gran and gramps right now helping me think back into their peoples legends in the native language of their people to figure out any mis translations through english.))

"Without the willow he will die
But the willow stands till the end is nigh."

Hearing this line it could be the willow is the representation of the tree of life and mankind. He cna find any branch he desires...any person. Without people however...the keeper and the "It" will both die.

"But the willow stands till the end is nigh."
Here I can easily say with my previous thoughts that man will end in the end so if the willow is the tree of life then it will not end until the end...

((Okay so that is the first part in my own opinion and my grandparents opinion...maybe more tba later))

message 11: by Cait Sith (new)

That is a great opinion

message 12: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 2 comments thnx