Cozy Mysteries discussion

Liver Let Die (A Clueless Cook Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Liver Let Die
Buddy Reads > Clueless Cook Series (Start early Jan.)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (mrsmegb) Anyone want to read through the three books in this series with me? I'm planning on starting during my road trip in early/mid-january.

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I've already read the first 2, but just got the 3rd one in the mail the other day. Let me know when you get to it!

Linda | 324 comments I loved the first two in this series, but haven't gotten the third one yet. I'll order it ~

message 4: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (mrsmegb) The third came out yesterday I believe :)

Kate (kate28) | 141 comments I just finished the second one and really enjoyed the whole Texas/cowboy/steakhouse angle. Looking forward to the third! This series is fun and light, I really like it.

message 6: by Zoe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zoe (bookwormfromathens) | 703 comments Is the second book better than the first? I already have it in my TBR pile but I wasn't impressed with the first book, so I'm a bit reluctant about starting the second.

message 7: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (mrsmegb) I'm starting the first one today - just need to suffer through the rest of my current read. Can't wait!

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Zoe wrote: "Is the second book better than the first? I already have it in my TBR pile but I wasn't impressed with the first book, so I'm a bit reluctant about starting the second."

I wasn't crazy about the first one either, but thought the 2nd one was way better!

message 9: by Zoe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zoe (bookwormfromathens) | 703 comments Melodie wrote: "Zoe wrote: "Is the second book better than the first? I already have it in my TBR pile but I wasn't impressed with the first book, so I'm a bit reluctant about starting the second."

I wasn't crazy..."

That's encouraging !

message 10: by Karen (last edited Jan 07, 2013 11:24AM) (new) - added it

Karen (2noelle) | 57 comments I have the first two, are they good? I got them really inexpensively for my Nook and I just haven't gotten around to them, yet.

Linda | 324 comments I loved the first two books in this series, but haven't yet bought the third. I thought that the concept was intriguing. The protagonist has taken on the task of writing a recipe column in a local newspaper, but she can't cook at all! These cozies are nicely written and enjoyable. I'll definitely continue with this series.

message 12: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (mrsmegb) I finished the first one today and was surprisingly impressed! Usually first books in a series leave me a feeling "meh" but this one is definitely getting four stars from me :)

Dizzy (dizzy_booknerd) | 121 comments I'm in! Will be starting the 1st one soon!

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Finished Murder for the Halibut (A Clueless Cook Mystery, #3) by Liz Lipperman and thought it was pretty good. Still think the 2nd one is the best one, so far. This one would have been better, I think, if I hadn't already read at least 2 cozies in the last several months that had a murder done the same way as the first one in this tale.

message 15: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg (mrsmegb) I liked the second one... but I have to say I did guess some of the plot twists right at the very beginning. Hopefully the third one will be waiting for me when I get home on tuesday!

Dizzy (dizzy_booknerd) | 121 comments Meg wrote: "I finished the first one today and was surprisingly impressed! Usually first books in a series leave me a feeling "meh" but this one is definitely getting four stars from me :)"

I agree!! I REALLY liked the first book, just finished it! I liked how there wasn't just one mystery to be solved, but a couple! I enjoyed all the different characters and how they came together, and I also enjoyed the love connection there. :) Can't wait to read the next two!

message 17: by Mare (new)

Mare | 1 comments Just discovering this series now...can't wait to start first book. Really appreciated reading all the comments about 1st two books. Love a good series. Thanks everyone!