Lovers of Paranormal discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Previous Challenges threads > 2013 Dustbuster Challenge - All Year Long

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments It's time!!! Okay, I'm a little early, but what the heck!

Discuss all your books as you read them here...if you'd like...make suggestions for others to add more books onto their TBR because let's face it, you can never have too many.

Please remember to sign up for the challenge if you'd like to participate and, THIS IS IMPORTANT, the goal number of books to read for this challenge should be the total number of books on the shelf you created for all the wonderful books you own.

If you have any questions, visit the "Prepare your shelves" thread:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara My dustbuster shelf has 1030 books on it! So that is the number I entered. It will be amazing if I even make a noticable dent in it. Someone needs to take away my buy button for nook and kindle, and the free books:)

message 3: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort  (carriebookfairy) | 2889 comments Mod
I have more books that I own but haven't had time to add them to the shelf can iadd them later???

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Jordan wrote: "Wow I though I was bad with 172, that is a hell of a lot of books Sara!"

I know! I have added on tons by watching for kindle freebies and sales. Good thing my husband doesn't know my exact number. He knows I have a lot, though.

message 5: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments 443 books to read O.o

message 6: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Lol sounds like me I hid book all over house!! Lmao I have one device for what he knows and another for stuff he doesn't lmao

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Hahaha I make sure to be all excited when I get a good one free or on sale. Then he thinks I am a good shopper:) and when they are ebooks he can't tell how many there are.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara I think they said just add it after you have all your books listed so you have your number. You have time since it is a yearly challenge.

message 9: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Ok thanks Sara!

message 10: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments *Gasp*! I just found out that because of my slow internet connection, half of the books i had added to my bookshelf didn't work!! So i've added those ones and now i have 500 books to read exactly :)

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara I just got a few more books on sale and it is still dec 31 here so I changed my number:-)

message 12: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments (-.-) it's 2013 over here.

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) I feel so much better about my 210 books now that I see some of these numbers lol

message 14: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (britsbooknook) | 7 comments I have 180.... This should be interesting! :D

message 15: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Carrie, I sent you an email, but I will repeat it here anyhow...hold off on joining. As you join in I will be checking shelves, and I don't want to have to do a bunch of changes on my end...I know, I'm so selfish. LOL

message 16: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Cristina, as said above i had to re-add some books so the add date may be 1st of January but no later than that.

message 17: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments It's all good Gabs. :)

message 18: by Ruth (new)

Ruth (offthewallek) I am sad. I have 2 books that I started in 2012 that I didn't finish in 2012. :(

However, I am excited that I can knock out some of the 60 books I currently own that I haven't even thought about reading yet.

message 19: by Eva (new)

Eva (froschkoenigin) | 28 comments So i made a 2013-reading-shelf with a nice 149 books in it (I'm not sure this is the final number as I'm not sure I added all the books I got for Christmas, but I will put up on that today or tomorrow!)and a Dustbuster-Challenge Shelf for the read books.
Does that sound right?

message 20: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Yup. Just don't create the Dustbuster shelf until you actually join the challenge. Goodreads won't allow an existing shelf to be used.

message 21: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Smith (jacquelyn_smith) | 209 comments Do I need 2 shelves ?

message 22: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments You should have one with the list of all the books you own, and then when you join the challenge, you will be prompted to create a shelf for the challenge where you just check them off as they are read (just like a normal challenge).

The need for two shelves for this one is so we know our goal number. I know if I didn't add books I own to its own shelf, I would not know how many books I actually already own. :)

message 23: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Smith (jacquelyn_smith) | 209 comments Thank you

message 24: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

OMG No way I already made a shelf can I still join?? Ask Michele I so e times have a problem of reading everything third word so I thought I just had to make a shelf! What do I do now! Man I'm sorry

message 25: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments If you've made a shelf to put your books in (a 'to-read' one) than that's okay, then you just add another shelf to put in as your 'read' shelf, as you read the books. however if you have already made the 'read' shelf and it wont let you enter it for the challenge then just delete it and type it in again, to create it.

hope this helps.

message 26: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (new)

Oh ok WHEW!!! I was worried! Thanks so much!

message 27: by Carrie (Book Fairy), LoP Heart & Soul (last edited Jan 02, 2013 03:31AM) (new)

I wish I had more time to go through all me ebooks I just forgot to do it until the last second!

CAN I ADD MORE TO THE SHELF AS LONG AS I ALREADY OWNED THEM????

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments Carrie wrote: "I wish I had more time to go through all me ebooks I just forgot to do it until the last second!

CAN I ADD MORE TO THE SHELF AS LONG AS I ALREADY OWNED THEM????"

As long as you owned them by 12/31/2012...Anything purchased after that doesn't count.

message 29: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Wiggs How do I join the challenge? Do I have to fill out a form of some kind?

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments Just go to the groups site on the web & scroll down until you find the Dustbuster Challenge. You will need to put the number if books & a shelf name that can be publicly seen. (I think my shelf is called "2013 Dustbuster Challenge - Read".) As I read the books I will add them to my "read" shelf to count towards the challenge.

message 31: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Thank you Danielle and Gabby...I had to make an emergency trip out of town, so I'm glad you ladies jumped in there!!

Please note, if you don't have your owned shelf ready. Try an estimate. If you have multiple shelves set up, add them up and make that your total.

It will be much easier to keep track of your books if you have everything set up before you actually join the challenge.
If you meticulously keep track of those books that you own and read before you join the challenge, you can add them onto the read shelf once you do join.

If things get too hairy. I am withdrawing a prize for this challenge and it will just be a kudos to you type of deal.

message 32: by Tohrutohno (new)

Tohrutohno | 143 comments I have to admit even I felt like an idiot for having such a hard time grasping the two shelves concept, but I think I got it now and my number is up!!! ;)

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments I keep finding ones I purchased before the end of 2012 but didn't get on my list of 2013 tbr's! .. Ergh!! lol!! :) I'm adding them asap, but I think I have them all now ... I hope! lol!!! :)

message 34: by Gabby (last edited Jan 05, 2013 07:13PM) (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I know I don't, but I think 500 books will keep me occupied.

message 35: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 201 comments I only have 110 :*( but I have read 21 already. I think I am gonna run out of books!

My problems are the opposite to everyone elses! You guys have too many, and I don't have enough! lol :)

message 36: by Sara (new)

Sara I was doing good at reading dustbuster books, but now new books and sequels I have been waiting for have been coming out and distracting me:)

message 37: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments lol, I know the feeling!! I've only read one book for this challenge!

message 38: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Gabby wrote: "If you've made a shelf to put your books in (a 'to-read' one) than that's okay, then you just add another shelf to put in as your 'read' shelf, as you read the books. however if you have already ma..."

Okay, I set up both shelves before entering the challenge. One is called "collectin dust" for all the books I owned prior to Jan 1st 2013 and still haven't read yet. I had to add a few books to my GR account that were sitting on my RL bookshelf, so they have an add date of 2013. Since they have been on my RL shelf longer, though, I figure that's still okay, right?

The second shelf is called bustin dust in 2013. I have five books on it currently. Even though I created it before entering the challenge, I was able to type in the name of the shelf (as long as I wrote it like this: bustin-dust-in-2013) and according to my percentage (68% behind! yikes!), it seems to have worked just fine.

So (this is taking more rambling than I thought, sorry), am I good to go? Do I need to leave the challenge, delete the shelf, re-enter the challenge, and add it during that process (phew)? It seems to be just fine as it is, but I want to do things The Right Way. :)

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

message 39: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Yes that is still okay since you just found out about it. Buuut if they have a publishing date of 2013, that's not okay, lol.

Have you signed up for the challenge? I can't see you on the list...then again, my goodreads has been playing up :)

message 40: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) I signed up for it, yeah. I see it on my own feed on my profile, so I figure it worked. I hope. Let me know if you never end up seeing it.

I'm not going to win, so I suppose it isn't super important that I have it set up right. But might as well, yeah? :)

message 41: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I didn't think there was a "winning" thing to it...

message 42: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Oh yeah..... there's a $25 gift card up for grabs! :D

message 43: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Either of you see me show up on the list of people in the challenge?

message 44: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Nope. So, something went wrong.

If you can't fix it, just copy and paste the links to both of your shelves here.

message 45: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Oh, okay! I'll try and fix it, but just in case:

Collectin Dust (the books I owned prior to 2013 but haven't read yet)

Bustin Some Dust in 2013 (the books from the previous shelf that I've read since the start of the year)

Let me know if those links don't work, since I pulled them while logged in to my own account.

Thanks for your help ladies! :)

message 46: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Cristina wrote: "Oh yeah..... there's a $25 gift card up for grabs! :D"

Oh, cool :)

message 47: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments And the links work, Jill! I don't know what went wrong with the challenge, though...

message 48: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Maybe I'm challenged.

Haha..ha...>.>

message 49: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments :)

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments Jill wrote: "Maybe I'm challenged.

Haha..ha...>.>"

Jill is your profile set to private? If so, you would need to make it public to show on the list of participants. If that doesn't work, check the dates for everything ... I have had a problem with dates before that once I fixed them, they showed up. I hope this helps! :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.