Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
People Archive > BLUETURTLE'S WRITING!!!

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments Hi! I'm Blueturtles and I realy need help with my writing. So... HELP ME!!!

I have a realy good idea for a story but i can't get all the characters together.

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor What've you got so far? We can't help unless we have some direction. :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments haven't wrot anything yet. my story line is a paranormal type, thing. There is a girl that meets a family that is cursed by a whitch. They all have thee own diferent curse. I know the mother will be made of glass and a 18 year old that whoever falls in love with her will have something bad happen to then. I don't want the normal ghost, vampire, warewolf thing.

message 4: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I like the idea of witches. This sounds a little like a movie that's coming out, though...anyone remember the name? I'm drawing a blank.

I would recommend to just start writing. I really suck at brainstorming over the Internet, so just write and if you come up with a specific writer's block problem, I can help you work it out.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments I got the idea from dark shadows, but this is a little diferent. i think the family and there back storys are going to give me problems. thanks!

message 6: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I'm not thinking of Dark Shadows...there's one that's coming out next year...specifically about a family of witches and something about being good or evil influencing the powers you get at age 16...or something....

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments well that's not even close.lol i want to see that.

message 8: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I'll see if I can find the name. I JUST SAW THE NAME LAST WEEKEND WHY CAN I NOT EVEN REMEMBER WHAT IS THIS????

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments that's what happens when you get old jk

message 10: by Taylor (new)

Taylor XD

Yer funneeeeeee....

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments thanks! tell me the name of it when you rember.

message 12: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments Taylor [formerly Timothy] wrote: "I'm not thinking of Dark Shadows...there's one that's coming out next year...specifically about a family of witches and something about being good or evil influencing the powers you get at age 16....."

Are you talking about Beautiful Creatures, Taylor?

message 13: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid ✩ | 11973 comments Mod
Yeah I think that's what he's thinking of. It's also a book, which I've read ... I don't think it sounds too similar, because in that book they're all witches and they're all under one curse (rather than it being a family cursed by a witch and all of them having different curses like in Blueturtle's idea).

message 14: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* wrote: "Yeah I think that's what he's thinking of. It's also a book, which I've read ... I don't think it sounds too similar, because in that book they're all witches and they're all under one curse (rathe..."

Exactly.

I'm amazed I remembered the name of it! XD

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments Will you guys help me think of curses? Just to have an idea of the kind of thing they do.

message 16: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments Blueturtles wrote: "Will you guys help me think of curses? Just to have an idea of the kind of thing they do."

I can try...what are your ideas for the plot of the story so far?

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments A girl is this special kind of person that could lift curses(which could mean death for both people, but not all the time) She dosen't know it because her dad died from cancer, and her mother went incane. When her mother got better they moved to the contry. There is a family that lives beside them. They are cursed. She lifes the curses in the end... That is as far as i've gotten.

message 18: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Hmm ... here are some ideas:

- Inability to speak ... Or something gross coming out of someone's mouth every time they speak, like frogs or bugs or something.
- Everything someone touches dies and/or turns into something else (like along the lines of the King Midas myth, where everything he touches turns to gold––but this is bad because he can accidentally turn people into gold).
- Seeing ghosts/demons/etc. that no one else can see.

... Uhh I'll let you know if I think of any others. :)

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments THANKS!!! I like the last one. :D

message 20: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

You're welcome!

message 21: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments How about a curse where a person looks as good/bad as their personality is? For example, if someone is good-looking, but is mean to everybody, they wake up the next day looking as ugly as their remarks to others are. The curse cannot fully be lifted (besides by your character), but can be "diminshed" if the person treats others better.

That's all I can think of. :} Sorry!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments thanks!!!

message 23: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments Sure! I'll see if I can think up any more later! ;)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments :D You guys are great!!!

message 25: by Taylor (new)

Taylor It is indeed Beautiful Creatures. Thanks guys!

message 26: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments Sure!

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments I AM SO MAD!!! I was writing everything down for my story and when i went to save it the computer logged me off. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

What do I do now?! I don't even remember what i wrote.

message 28: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) | 955 comments This is going to sound stupid, but, if you were writing down ideas, rewrite them! :P

I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been through the exact same thing!

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments so just rewrite it?

message 30: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments I would write it in a document to keep it safe, so you don't run into issues like that. ^-^

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments i think i might do that. i am just so annoied. i don't know how i will get myself to rewright it.

message 32: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments Just pick a song you know that fits what you're writing or the mood you wanna start with. I usually listen to movie soundtracks.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments that's a wonderful idea! especial scence i was going to make this a skript instead of just a story.

message 34: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments Oh, cool ^-^ glad I could help you

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments now to pick a song...

message 36: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments What's the mood you're trying to set?

message 37: by Taylor (new)

Taylor I recommend suites or reprises for movie soundtracks -- they showcase all the themes both light and dark for a soundtrack.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments my mood is light then it becomes sad which is destroied by hate. Then here comes evil.

message 39: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments Um, try listening to Florence and the Machine's Cosmic Love for the first bit, and then G4L by Rihanna

Oh, I would suggest using the soundtracks for the more intense scenes.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments You know this is about two friends and one loses his family, right? I don't think it needs to be a love song.

message 41: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Cosmic Love isn't really a love song. It just has the word "love" in the title. Haha. Also pretty much anything by Florence + the Machine is good for writing inspiration. Her songs have such a dreamy & mysterious feel to them ... always inspires me.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments THANK YOU!!!

message 43: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments Sorry I didn't reply, but yeah. It's not really a love song ^^

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments ok i'm going to look it up.:)

message 45: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments Okie doke, glad to be of help ^-^

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_endipity) | 819 comments if you find any more let me know!

message 47: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 79 comments Alrighty

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.