UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1674 comments I trogged into town yesterday to get the shopping for my disabled father, today I went back to get all the things I forgot or couldn't carry.

My reward- I went to the local charity shop and got the following for about a tenner for the lot and the charities.

This is my haul:) Bernand Cornwall- Harlequin

The Other Boleyn Girl
Theodora: Actress, Empress, Whore
Dissolution
City of Bones
Sacred HeartsVendetta: Star Trek,
Next Generation Cst

:)

message 2: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 31 comments :-) good haul for a good deed(s)

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Omg you made this post twice and i swear to god i thought i was going insane as our comments had disappeared

message 4: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 31 comments I was confused after too, but it doesn't take much to befuddle my brain

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22105 comments I love second hand book shops, and charity shops have a special air of serendipity :-)
I dropped into one and came out clutching Christian Meier's book Caesar for £2

message 6: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1674 comments Sorry I am having internet issues here. Home tomorrow so should be back to normal.

My sis dropped in and said she had read most of what I got and they were good.

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments You know I never ventured into second hand book shops when I read DTB's. I always used ebay or Amazon but the books I read never really appeared in charity shops.

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22105 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "You know I never ventured into second hand book shops when I read DTB's. I always used ebay or Amazon but the books I read never really appeared in charity shops."

The books I read rarely appear in charity shops to be honest, which is what makes it so special when I find one :-)

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I can see your point Jim! I don't have the patience though and you'll never find me in a charity shop unless I'm volunteering or donating..