Mount TBR 2013 Reading Challenge discussion

Level 4: Mt. Ararat (48 Books) > Christine's TBR 2013 List

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Sayed | 20 comments I haven't heard of Christian Cameron books.what genre are they?they sound as if set in Ancient Rome.Daphne

message 2: by Daphne (new)

Daphne Sayed | 20 comments So do I.I must find them.Thank you for telling me about them.Daphne

message 3: by Hélène (new)

Hélène (hlneb) Aya! This is terrible! I'm really afraid you're going to make my TBR Pile GROW! ... This isn't what I was aiming for ;)

message 4: by Hélène (new)

Hélène (hlneb) I bow to your determination ;-). Tyrant still sits on its edge somewhere on my path.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 108 comments I didn't realize one of the dangers of these mountains would be new temptations...the Last Man of Rome series and the one in Ancient Greece sound tantalizing....maybe they'll be on my list for next year :)

message 6: by Hélène (new)

Hélène (hlneb) Christine wrote: "I've been sorting and have found a new pile of historical books that were hidden under the climbing gear ... there is a danger of an avalanche"

:D Don't I know the feeling!

message 7: by Hélène (new)

Hélène (hlneb) Impressive performance! Wolf Hall is on my list too. I hope I won't be disappointed like you!

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev | 328 comments Mod
Loving your climbing commentary! Glad you've got a spectacular view!

message 9: by Bev (new)

Bev | 328 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "Bev a question - Can I change the reading list that I've posted?"

Of course...You are absolutely free to read whatever you want from your TBR pile (as long as it was there before Jan 1).

message 10: by C. (friends, please call me by name) (last edited Apr 16, 2013 05:25PM) (new)

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) Hi Christine, I'm Carolyn! It's fun within someone's thread, isn't it? Everyone can pipe up but it feels like you've invited us to your house. hehehe I should write an article on my blog that I try to finish all titles and please believe me, I've had to judge a few at 1 star!

Maybe it's memories of a jerk who used to critique concerts in my city's newspaper. I never saw the dude give 5 stars, speaking poorly of a show he attended for 1/2 an hour; probably a free ticket to an artist that wasn't his genre. If you aren't reviewing "The Emperor's Gold", I guess it's fair. You aren't commenting on something you didn't see all the way through. I understand a book takes up time and folks like us, who actually belong to groups (haha) have many more to choose from.

message 11: by C. (friends, please call me by name) (last edited Apr 17, 2013 10:32AM) (new)

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) I don't like to clutter my thread or my blog, so I leave a link to my Amazon Canada reviews. On Goodreads, there's a list of finished books to glance at. I'm extremely excited when people ready my reviews because I treat them like a professional piece and never spoil plots. hehehe http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2013/01...

message 12: by C. (friends, please call me by name) (last edited Apr 18, 2013 01:47AM) (new)

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) Wow, did you?! :) I'm not one who gets traffic, so you make my day!

Amazon recommends 75-300 words, so I ramble away then whittle to 300.... without telling anything except who's in the book. Maybe it's just me but I find the synopsises published on the backs give away too much as-is.

message 13: by Bev (new)

Bev | 328 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "Don't know how DNF books work but here's my first - The Emperor's Gold. Concept was good just couldn't follow the story.

So will assume as not finished doesn't count and give no 38 a new start wi..."

I've left DNF books up to the climbers. I personally won't count a DNF unless I give it about 100 pages--but if you feel like you well and truly gave it as much time as you possibly can and you don't plan on picking it up again, then by all means count it as a book knocked off your TBR stack.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan | 108 comments Congrats!

C.  (friends, please call me by name) (riedel) Good for you. I'm 2 from cresting this mount myself! Looks like if I want to picnic with you, I'd better read my butt off tonight. hahaha Carolyn