Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2012 Challenge Archive > Favourite Reads of December?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments It's been pretty hectic this month, but I'll bet there were some great books in amongst all the rush, crush and cheer :)

Let us know your favourite books read in December! Were there any that disappointed?

message 2: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Hmm... I didn't really have any 5 star reads until recently.

Private Eye by S.E. Culpepper Sounds of Love (Senses and Sensations, #1) by Susan Laine A Shared Range (Range, #1) by Andrew Grey

I was a little disappointed in My Regelence Rake. I liked it, but it didn't live up to the rest of the series.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments Oooh - I have Private Eye out to read in the coming quarter! (Along with My Regelence Rake...) I'll have to check out those other two Breann.

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10993 comments I really liked Private Eye by S.E. Culpepper !

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments My favourites this month were:
The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1) by Megan Derr Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6) by Abigail Roux Frog by Mary Calmes

I also read a great short story by Kathleen Hayes Broken by Kathleen Hayes . This is a freebie from Smashwords with a direct link on the GR page :)

The only book I was a bit disappointed in was Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1) by Victor J. Banis .

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments I'd post an m/f book, but I didn't have any standouts :)

message 7: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments You're going to love Private Eye, Jane. I have Stars & Stripes penciled in for January, somewhere, on some challenge... who knows... :)

and AND I'm going to try and read two whole m/f books next month!

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments LOL Breann! 2 whole books?!

I'm thinking that I'll do something around m/f paperbacks in the Create Your Own Reading Challenge when it gets posted :) I have so many, and I really want to get stuck into them - but some of the challenges in other groups keeps me focussed on MM! (What a hardship! ;)

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 23 comments I had two five-star reads in December and both were M/M.

Turkey in the Snow by Amy Lane The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney

message 10: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments I've been eyeing those two books off Jenny - just haven't yet taken the buying plunge ;)

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i don't think I had any stand-out reads in December either...everything was just ehhh....m/m and m/f stuff...this year in general has sucked

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments oh, I take it back, I gave Grave Mercy 5 stars - but it was relatively lite on the romance, heavy on the historical fiction/fantasy

message 13: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10993 comments I actually liked everything I read this month, most were 4* reads for me. My fave of the month goes to Quinn's Hart by Cassandra Gold - I really felt for Quinn, trying to push himself out of his comfort zone and deal with his shyness. I wanted to call him up and be his friend!

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 162 comments The only favorite book of mine this month is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho :D

message 15: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I'm thinking that I'll do something around m/f paperbacks in the Create Your Own Reading Challenge when it gets posted :) "

Oh me likey! I might have to steal this idea :)

message 16: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 28 comments I just finished Pleasure Unbound and absolutely loved it. It's definitely one of my favorite reads from this entire year.

Another favorite was Halfway to the Grave. I'm looking forward to reading more books in that series as well. Bones reminds me a lot of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :D

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19613 comments Breann wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "I'm thinking that I'll do something around m/f paperbacks in the Create Your Own Reading Challenge when it gets posted :) "

Oh me likey! I might have to steal this idea :)"

Steal away ;)

message 18: by Ty (new)

Ty  | 1943 comments My December Standouts:

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Wallbanger by Alice Clayton The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks

with Wallbanger by Alice Clayton possibly my favoritest read of the year.

message 19: by Jane(Janelba) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (janelba) | 769 comments My December standouts were:
Winter's Heat by Denise Domning _ Sister by Rosamund Lupton

message 20: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) My favourites were: Ghost Planet by Sharon Fisher Thorns (The Frost Chronicles, #2) by Kate Avery Ellison , Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews and Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2) by Karina Halle .

The one that i liked the least, was probably Shadowfell (Shadowfell, #1) by Juliet Marillier

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.