The YA Book Club discussion

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
This topic is about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Paranormal > Mara Dyer Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emma what are these books about? i'm probably going to read them because i've heard a lot of people talking about them. wait, is it really paranormal though?

Erin M. (siriusyareader) | 3 comments There are currently 2 books out in the trilogy and I absolutely LOVED them! They're definitely paranormal, although I thought the first one was a contemporary until the end. I reviewed the second one if you want to hear my thoughts on it :)http://siriusyareader.blogspot.com/20...

Krysta Fremling | 96 comments I think these are excellent books! I LOVE Noah!!! Mara too! The books are so interesting, I don't exactly know what mythology they would be classified as, but I love the way it's written into the novels! So good!!!

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ (aj3books) I love this series! It's amazing!

Hayley Em | 17 comments I love the first book in the series. The second one finally arrived and I cannot wait to rip into it tonight! I hope Noah is still Noah in this one, because I FREAKING LOVE HIM. Mad.ness foever <3

Veronica | 75 comments It's amazing!

Kira (kiraharris) | 4 comments Currently reading Evolution of Mara Dyer. Soooooo amazing!!!!!!

Mary (mary-atupele) | 71 comments It's a very interesting series, I really enjoyed it and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up earlier!! I can't wait for The Retribution!!!

Laetitia  | 69 comments It's a high school story where the guy notices the strange and never before noticed girl. I didn't mind it though :)

message 10: by Shanique (new)

Shanique Harnett | 4 comments Mary wrote: "It's a very interesting series, I really enjoyed it and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up earlier!! I can't wait for The Retribution!!!"

Hey, I've also been hearing good things about this series but I delay reading it because I'm waiting for the last book to be released. Do you suggest I start reading now or should I just wait it out?

message 11: by MiMi (new) - rated it 4 stars

MiMi (planetearthturnsslowly) | 85 comments I suggest waiting! Even though it is amazing two books, the cliff hanger is too need to know and it will keep you up at night!

Veronica | 75 comments MiMi wrote: "I suggest waiting! Even though it is amazing two books, the cliff hanger is too need to know and it will keep you up at night!"

agree

message 13: by Jana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jana (janatabs) | 3 comments I love this trilogy so much it hurts my heart and i am tired of waiting for the third book its about time to release it

Zoë Ann Book Queen (zoeannbookqueen) | 56 comments i looove these books they are absolutly amazing!! the cliff hanger in the last one is absolutly killing me!!!! i can't wait till it comes out!

message 15: by Terin (new) - added it

Terin | 1 comments I absolutely loved both of these books the ending to the second one made me want to read it all over again!!! I can't wait till the third book comes out.

Eloise (elohwang) I am head over heels in love with these books. It's so creepy and scary, and yet I can't put it down. And Noah Shaw is the most imperfect fictional character, which makes him even more perfect. I am awaiting June 10, 2014 for The Retribution of Mara Dyer. The second book left on such a big cliffhanger! I am so excited!!!!

Crystal Elizabeth Need. Retribution. This series is amazing! It has so many twists and turns, and you just don't know what the hell is going on. The characters are amazing, and the writing is beautiful and haunting. I felt like I was going crazy when I was reading these books, but I loved it. And Noah! God, what is there to say about him?! The ending to Evolution was brutal! I know that can't be true!

message 18: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina | 539 comments I loved the Mara Dyer trilogy series. The dynamics, the twists, and the plot and the characters themselves had their own unique style of writing.

Lynne Stringer | 126 comments I enjoyed the series until the last book. I felt it was a letdown, especially the ending. It was a shame, as I had enjoyed the first two so much.

message 20: by Fatimah (last edited Jul 11, 2016 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fatimah (bibliomaniareads) | 9 comments I LOVED the Mara Dyer series. It was definitely different than any other book I have read so far. There were so many twists and turns. I ordered the first book from the library and finished it in two days and just had to order the last two books as well. Mara and Noah were my favorite characters. The ending of Retribution made me fall in love with the entire series, the way it looped back to the beginning of the first book was AMAZING.

Valerie Camille Prior (valprior) | 3 comments I loved the Mara Dyer trilogy. They had a good mix of romance, adventure, thrill and suspense. I think the first one was my favourite.

Valerie Camille Prior (valprior) | 3 comments I loved these books. They had the perfect mix of romance, adventure, fantasy and mystery.

message 23: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat (katieok) | 5 comments Personally I absolutely loved the first two books. They were well written, the characters developed perfectly fine and the story went into a really good direction. Book 3 was pretty much a disappointment but I'd say the trilogy is still worth the read. Besides, everyone has different opinions about the last book, right?