Classic Trash discussion

Sword at Sunset
This topic is about Sword at Sunset
Sword at Sunset > Sword at Sunset: In Progress (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adelaide Blair | 1002 comments Mod
This is where you can discuss Sword at Sunset whilst in progress. No spoilers please. (There will be a finished topic where you can spoil away.)

message 2: by Adelaide (last edited Jan 03, 2013 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

So, Sword at Sunset was suggested by book club member Chris Baldwin. I haven't read any King Arthur book s in at least 20 years, and am looking forward to it!

So, I am bout 50 pages in and it was pretty slow going until page 25. Lots of talk about horses and planning. When things do start to happen, they happen big time.

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Baldwin (christopherbaldwin) | 41 comments I did suggest it! And I just got my copy today and am reading it! (I know, I totally disappeared, December was a wash, and I'm finally just back on top of things).

Ok, I am about half way through this and I am starting to get into it. I'm going to have to say this is not really my kind of book, but it's getting more interesting. What don't I like?

1) Endless talk about horses and battles.
2) Episodic nature of the beginning chapters.
3) I think it is somewhat overwritten.

But, in spite of all these things, Artos' story is starting to get more interesting to me, and as he develops more relationships, I want to see where they go.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Baldwin (christopherbaldwin) | 41 comments Oh. My. God. When is something going to happen?

I'm about 1/3 through, sounds like I need to get half-way. That's only 1/6th for me to go!

I agree, so far rather wordy without being poetic enough or move fast enough to get really into it yet. But I'm still plugging away!