☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Fun + Games! :) > New Year's Resolutions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Just... post your New Year's resolutions. What are they? Why are they? How do you see yourself seeing them through?

message 2: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 127 comments I don't have any resolutions this year, but I do have a list of sort of challenging books I'd like to read this year:
Les Miserables
A Game of Thrones
Dracula
More books by Charles Dickens
Lord of the Rings

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments Bookish resolutions... Ah, so...
You mean challenges as well?

1. Again, manage a book a week (52 books in 52 weeks).
2. Women Challenge (limitations: women authors, at least 11 by these).
3. British Book Challenge (limitations: author lives in UK currently, or originated from there).
4. My own... Library Books Challenge (going to the library to borrow more books & not purchasing them).

message 4: by Pirl (last edited Jan 04, 2013 05:55AM) (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) I didn't mean you talk only about books; anything really. For example - I made a resolution to buy a new camera (a DSLR) this year. That includes saving up and a lot of work. And how I see myself managing it - getting a raise in my allowance again; not spending money that I don't have and limiting my spending to 100 NIS a month(unless funded by my parents); and working this summer if I get the time, and next year if I can find a job.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 504 comments Most of my resolutions are bookish- only one isn't. To be able to do my bookish ones I just have to do author research (having said that, no. 2 is easy to tell) & to just continue making time for reading. The library isn't far away, so I just need to go there instead of spending my money on books I can read (legally of course- book piracy sucks) for free!

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (carly1967) | 39 comments I've set a book challenge of 80 books this year and I want to focus more on my own writing. I also want to get into some healthier habits - eating more fruit and veggies and less processed foods. I also want to be more active getting at least 10,000 steps in a day. These are more goals than resolutions - I find thinking about them in that way makes it easier to pick yourself back up and try again if you blow it.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I want to save up for a Canon Rebel t3.