Memoir Authors discussion

The Real Verdict: My Quest for the Freedom I Never Had
This topic is about The Real Verdict
Promotion Opportunities > Guest author on my blog!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nitra Gipson (Therealverdict) | 6 comments Hi Everyone!

I wanted know if anyone wanted to be a guest author on my blog. I have a blog on Wordpress and I have a page dedicated for book recommendations. I welcome everyone to send me your book details. I will send you over a small set of questions about the book in interview style and I will post it to my blog. I will create a new blog post for each author interview and will include your tittle in the list of book recommendations. Anyone that may be interested, please send me a message with your book details and I will reply with a few questions about the book. If you prefer, you can send me your own q&a and I will include those in the blog post as well! I plan to add at least 2 books a day. Thanks everyone and happy writing!

message 2: by Mirta (new)

Mirta Trupp Nitra wrote: "Hi Everyone!

I wanted know if anyone wanted to be a guest author on my blog. I have a blog on Wordpress and I have a page dedicated for book recommendations. I welcome everyone to send me your boo..."

Hi Nitra! Thank you for this opportunity! I will send you a message with some information and look forward to working with you.With Love, The Argentina Family: Memories of Tango and Kugel; Mate with Knishes

Nitra Gipson (Therealverdict) | 6 comments Great I look forward!

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith Colburn (faithanncolburn) | 63 comments Nitra wrote: "Hi Everyone!

I wanted know if anyone wanted to be a guest author on my blog. I have a blog on Wordpress and I have a page dedicated for book recommendations. I welcome everyone to send me your boo..."

I would love to participate and I would also like to an author interview for you on my wordpress blog. You can correspond with me at faithanncolburn@yaoo.com. My book description from my Amazon.com page follows:

Our families and communities serve as the threshold we cross into our lives. Whether it’s a metaphorical threshold or the actual physical threshold that marks our front door, the crossing informs who we choose to become. This memoir is a series of twenty stories about one ordinary American family’s struggle to thrive across race and through time and space. From five-year-old Joseph Swope kidnapped and adopted by a war chief to my father blasting up U.S. Highway 41 with a turtle for a co-pilot trying to save a marriage, this memoir reveals what happens when communities fail and how they thrive. These are the stories of people who worked together and shared resources. There's the smell of wheat dust and sweat and the ozone that precedes a storm and there's the clang of green beans into a metal pot while friends and family sit on chairs dragged out into the yard where it's hard to discern the border between fireflies and stars. I can remember how safe and comfortable it was when everybody knew my name and they may not have always been glad I came, but I knew they wouldn't let me "go under." Perhaps we can retrieve that feeling in a new century. Reviews: Threshold is a work that is substantial . . . in scope, ambition, stylistic polish, acumen and conviction. [It is] a sophisticated achievement . . . an excellent example of the increasingly popular genre known as creative non-fiction. Threshold is full of compelling individual portraits—the midwife Grandma Hendricks, homely George Colburn, and the uncaring doctor who commits an unforgivable atrocity . . . and portraits of individuals seeking to establish the connections that might create the community needed to enhance life beyond the survival mode . . . . It is a refined and stylistically polished work. Dr. Robert M. Luscher English Professor, University of Nebraska-Kearney Author IN JOHN UPDIKE: A STUDY OF THE SHORT FICTION

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenbesso) | 17 comments Hi Nitra: I am a new member of Goodreads Memoir group & am interested in being on your blog.

Here is a book blurb for "An Indian Sojourn::

“For as long as I can remember I’ve had a preoccupation with India and its people, feeling drawn to go there.” … “It was worth the wait, and I viewed it with different eyes than I would have at a younger age. For three months we lived, volunteered, soaked in the culture and breathed the often arid, dusty air of the country. India turned out to be everything I imagined it would be…and more. “

With these words Ellen will take you on a journey through paradoxical India. Whether listening to the Dalai Lama speak, sharing a meal with the Indian people who became friends or tutoring at the Tibetan Hope Center she shares a glimpse of India that not many people have seen.

She and her partner, Don also take time to explore both the traditional tourist spots as well as some not so well travelled areas of India. Ellen adds more dimensions to this travel memoir with a comprehensive look at India’s economy, class system and where Indian women stand in this fast changing world.

Looking forward to working with you. Your book looks interesting BTW.

Best
Ellen

Nitra Gipson (Therealverdict) | 6 comments Hi Ellen,
Thanks for wanting to be apart of my blog! Send me an email so we talk more. nenesw@yahoo.com

message 7: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenbesso) | 17 comments Ellen wrote: "Hi Nitra: I am a new member of Goodreads Memoir group & am interested in being on your blog.

Here is a book blurb for "An Indian Sojourn::

“For as long as I can remember I’ve had a preoccupation..."

Hi Nitra: I did send it to your email but it bounced back. That's why I posted it here. I'll try again.
Ellen

message 8: by June (new)

June Collins (junecollins) | 114 comments Nitra wrote: "Hi Everyone!

Nitra, I would love a review from you. Two a day is ambitious. Congrats! If you Have not already read Goodbye Junie Moon (I've given out many freebies, ebooks,I can send you a download if you send me your address to juniemooncollins@hotmail.com
Cheers, June Collins