Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

The Lady Most Willing... (Lady Most..., #2)
This topic is about The Lady Most Willing...
Monthly Read > 1/13 - The Lady Most Willing ****SPOILERS****

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
In this thread you can post spoilers about the January monthly read, The Lady Most Willing.

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm sure no one will be surprised that I loved it. It reminded me of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, one of my favorite musicals, not only because of the kidnapped brides and the snowed-in characters but also because being part of the audience was such fun. Laughter permeates the book. There are repeated references to the characters' laughter, I laughed as I read it, and I could easily imagine the three authors laughing together as they planned and plotted.

message 3: by Shelagh (new)

Shelagh | 1 comments I read The Lady Most Likely a few days ago then moved straight onto The Lady Most Willing. Both great reads ... predictable plots and of course a happy ending to look forward to, but the journey from start to finish was light, fun, relaxing and enjoyable. For pure feelgood entertainment you'd be hard pressed to go past The Lady Most Willing.

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Oh my, Janaga! I was thinking the same thing! It totally reminded me of SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS, which is one of my favorites too! I enjoyed the book as much as I enjoyed the musical. I love the addition of the kidnapped duke though, so it wasn't just brides that were kidnapped like in the musical.

Santa (santasmbslt) | 4 comments Hello folks,

I finished A Lady Most Willing just the other day! What a treat. I was seamlessly written. I couldn't tell which author wrote which story and, frankly, I don't ever want to know. (I just want to work room service if they ever collaborate like this again)

I loved the locale. I loved the crusty old Laird, each duke, each earl, each gentleman of questionable reputation (and every lady had their own reputation to bear). Just a delight!

Can't wait to rave about it on Goodbooks and anywhere else I can.

Oh, and I'm resolving to be more active in the cyberspace world. I hope you'll indulge me here.

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
Am I the only one who didn't like Connie Brockway's story that much? It felt to me like something was missing from it...

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I finished this last night and really enjoyed it. The wintry setting was a great match for this time of year, and again the authors wove in bits from the other sections of the stories so beautifully. In fact, I liked this even more than The Lady Most Likely.

Of the three couples, my favorite was Bretton and Catriona--the two who weren't even supposed to be there. Their humor and wistfulness was just lovely. But there were surprises throughout; I definitely did not see the Taran-Marilla ending coming!

I wonder if EJ, JQ, and Connie Brockway will do another collaboration one day. Has anyone heard if they're mulling it over?