English 11 Block 2 A/C discussion

The Hobbit
This topic is about The Hobbit
the hobbit

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew | 4 comments The Hobbit by J.R. Tolkien is about a hobbit that lives a peaceful life in a hole. A wizard Gandolf convinces Bilbo to go on an adventure with him and 12 other dwarves. The whole point of their adventure is to regain their stolen treasure from the dragon Smaug. The group of dwarves get captured by trolls along the way and Gandolf persuades them to stay outside for sunrise, which turns the trolls into stone. Bilbo gets left behind and finds his way into a tunnel. He then spots a gold ring lying on the ground and takes it. Then, a gollum finds Bilbo and they have a contest of riddles to determine Bilbo's fate. Bilbo wins but that doesn't stop the gollum from chasing him. Bilbo uses his magic ring and escapes from the gollum and goblins. Later on, Bilbo makes his way into the dragons lair and finds Smaugs weakness, a bare spot in his scales. He leads him out and the archer kills the dragon. There's a big battle between the goblins and wargs and the humans, elves, and dwarves. Bilbo finally returns home with new friends to peacefully live his life.

message 2: by Mr. (new)

Mr. Jones | 24 comments Mod
Ok but you don't really explain what you liked/disliked about it. Who would you recommend it to?

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew | 4 comments I thought it was one of the better books I read, but a little too much on the fantasy side for me. I'd give it a 4 star rating and recommend it to people that were interested in reading it.