UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Penny Grubb

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny Grubb | 6 comments Like False Money is in the 12 Days promo at 99p. It's the first time ever I've hit an Amazon top 20 list (it was a pretty deep list, mind you... (crime-thrillers-women sleuths-books with green covers... that sort of thing) but it almost crept into the top 1000 overall. I am SO pleased to see it at an affordable price. I hope sales are good enough to convince the publisher to reduce their ebook prices generally. If you're into thrillers/whodunnits please snap it up before it goes up again on the 7th.
It's at http://www.amazon.com/False-Money-Ann...

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments sigh

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4324 comments Patti (Festive Figgy Pudding) wrote: "sigh"

Hello Patti
are you still on your phone?

message 4: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments This is in the wrong place Penny.

message 5: by Katy (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:01AM) (new)

Katy | 3414 comments Penny wrote: "Like False Money is in the 12 Days promo at 99p. It's the first time ever I've hit an Amazon top 20 list (it was a pretty deep list, mind you... (crime-thrillers-women sleuths-books with green cove..."

Penny, are you here to 'drop-and-run' or are you here to join our lovely forum? (: If you're here to 'drop-and-run', I can tell you now that the mod's do not take kindly to it. If you are here to join us, then by all means come over to the 'morning' thread in the 'general chat' bit and introduce yourself! (:

Also, as others have mentioned, this isn't the place to promote your work. We have 'meet the author' and 'new releases' sections for that. The 'general chat' section is for people to chat!

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments ...and don't promote your work in General Chat - because it isn't.

message 7: by Penny (new)

Penny Grubb | 6 comments Hi Katy, I'm not sure whether I've even added this to where I thought I was adding it. It certainly doesn't seem to have appeared in the discussion that I thought I was joining. I haven't tried Goodreads forums before. In fact, when I hit 'post' it posts and then doesn't appear - or doesn't appear to appear. Then I do it again and it appears. I'm clearly not working the technology properly.
Anyway, from the comments, I'm in the wrong place, so sorry. I'll have a read around and see if I can work out where I'm going wrong before I venture any more posts.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Plus you've linked to the american amazon when this is called the UK amazon kindle forum....

:0/

message 9: by Penny (new)

Penny Grubb | 6 comments Yeah, I've found where I intended to put this. I can see what I've done. I won't bore you with the detail, having bored you enough with the error in the first place. Apologies.

message 10: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments Penny wrote: "Yeah, I've found where I intended to put this. I can see what I've done. I won't bore you with the detail, having bored you enough with the error in the first place. Apologies."

This might help, Penny - http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

We have had a big problem with 'drop-and-runs' lately, so when we see an post that's purely self-promoting and in the wrong place we tend to get a bit fed up! We're a nice lot really (:

Self-promotion stuff goes in the 'meet the authors' section or in the 'new releases' section.

If you want to stick around, just join in a few discussions (:

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments thanks lovlies. yes, still on my phone. i'll tidy up and send you a pm to help you out when i can Penny. It won't take you long to get the hang of the group, promise. In the meantime do have a look around. You'll discover how fun and generally nutzzz we all are. ;)

message 12: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments imma get muh sticccccck

message 13: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Oh dear, Penny!!!

I remember the first time I commented in this group (must be about 18 months ago now!!!), I was used to Amazon and got myself into trouble in exactly the same way!!!

It's a lovely group and one of the friendliest toward authors on goodreads. I really do encourage you to join in the general chats so that you can get to know everyone.

Don't worry about this mistake too much, if Patti had been really mad she's have sent you to stay in Gingerlily's dungeon!!! ;-P

message 14: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Just to be a bit random: is Sheldon knocking on the door and saying 'Penny' going through everyone else's mind???

message 15: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Penny Penny Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny
HAHA I LOVE IT DEEEDEEEEEEEEEE

message 16: by D.D. Chant (last edited Dec 31, 2012 11:56AM) (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Penny Penny Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny
HAHA I LOVE IT DEEEDEEEEEEEEEE"

I'm not going to be able to get it out of my head now...

Best just give in now and youtube it!!!

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments LOL! Same!!

message 18: by Penny (new)

Penny Grubb | 6 comments Thanks, everyone. I've kind of attached myself to this thread now via email notifications. I will stick around and try to work out what's going on. I'm not going to pretend even to understand a lot of what's being said, but am enjoying the exchanges all the same.
Happy New Year to everyone!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments This will be the perfect author thread for you.

Penny

Penny

Penny

Jeez, now they've got me doing it.

Please just pop your author name into the thread title. I'll shift it to the correct section for you.

message 20: by Penny (new)

Penny Grubb | 6 comments Thanks Patti. I've done that. Quite a surprise. I wasn't sure I'd be able to figure out how, but it wasn't so hard. I'm going to set some time aside to explore all this properly when the festive guests have all gone home.